Football department review

Don’t disagree, what’s the point of another internal review, get the same answers

2 Likes

May 8: “We are not having a review because we won a game of footy”
May 30: “We are having a review”
June 16: “We are having another review into why the previous three reviews didn’t work”
July 21: “We finished our reviews and gave everyone a pat on the back. We then reviewed the pats on the back and gave ourselves another pat on the back, you know, because of the whole review thing”

5 Likes

well, we reviewed the situation as promised, and we made no changes coz we promised stability so the review’s served it’s stated purpose so what are youse all complaining about the review delivered. fark off and be happy etc.

Guys, I found the first leaked image of our latest review.

12 Likes

“Are likely”

There is no way they would be opening things up if there wasn’t immense pressure with peoples jobs at stake.

They always play things down to keep speculation at bay. Don’t be surprised if the outcome of this is “transformational”.

1 Like

i hope they ensure Sheeds does his work before lunch

3 Likes

did an internal review in 2020
conducting another internal review 1.5 years later, conducted by the same individuals.

gold

12 Likes

Depends on your definition of ‘stay the course’. Club’s definition is clearly pretty loose.

Melbourne sacked Neeld after 1.5 years when it was clear they’d made a mistake and appointed Roos. Melbourne also changed recruiting/list management staff after that and then their football manager most recently. Richmond changed their assistants and football manager too not long before winning a flag.

4 Likes

Some fair points are raised RE the review but jeez Barrett is a germ. Drags Hird and Thompson into his rhetoric but in the same breath essentially says that because Campbell takes a laissez faire approach to each department that he isn’t accountable for the poor performance… same bloke who was on the bandwagon of publicly saying the saga was pretty much all hirds fault because he was the coach. Whatever suits the narrative and doesn’t upset his mates. If you appoint people who are not performing after a given amount of time, or accept long poor performance from preexisting staff, then that role determines you are just as accountable as they are for that poor performance.

13 Likes

Anything said that’s worth sharing?

The review will be thorough once sheeds wakes up from his naps

• yes I’m joking
  • yes I love sheeds
  • yes I think we need an external review.
2 Likes

Dear All_Things_Essendon,

Things are never as bad or good as they seem.

The world was not created in one day.

Life is a long lesson in humility.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough. -Oprah Winfrey

Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

If you’re not first your last.

Shake and bake.

Best Regards,
Paul Brasher

8 Likes

Not the answer I was after Paul!

2 Likes

Basically, He believes we have all the right people and we can be a premiership team in the next 2/3 years.

I am not kidding.

I’m gonna go get some “Essendon Premiers 2024/25” t-shirts printed immediately before there is a rush!

15 Likes

Get a tatt!

5 Likes

If it happens, I’ll get a tatt of Paul Brasher saying “I was right” on my chest.

9 Likes

well done our AFLW side

5 Likes

Who is responsible for recruiting for the VFL side?
This is a debacle and is seriously hindering the development of our younger players.
How come none of the guys like Gleeson, Begley, Mutch, Dylan Clark or Paddy Ambrose stay on and play for our VFL team? All of them would be valuable to our VFL team and helping out the youngsters.
Melbourne is no different to any other town, it’s who you know, not what you know. I fail to see how an organisation like Essendon, with one of the biggest ‘reach’ in western Melbourne can not retain these sorts of guys, or find more like them?

6 Likes