Football department review

We are ■■■■■■■ pathetic

1 Like

It has been found that club does indeed have a department named football. This concludes our findings.

3 Likes

Mitch Brown has played VFL for Melbourne for a few years now, for example.

1 Like

Well that’s a relief. :laughing:

1 Like

This Brasher interview is ■■■■■■■ embarrassing.

‘Is Ben Rutten the man to lead your club to a premiership in 2024-25’

Brashers response

‘Yes …… What is he about 35 years old’

So your telling me the first thing he thought about was Ruttens age, not the way he treats his players, his game plan, development program etc. We are cooked people. Cooked.

18 Likes

And his first comments “reviews take on some mystical appearence whereby we are going to be turning the place upside dont… that wont happen…”

oh… so… nothings happening

2 Likes

Channel Spike Milligan’s gravestone ‘ I told you I was sick’
EFC tombstone - Supporters told us we were sick, if only we had listened

1 Like

Is this sarcastic? The internet has rotted my brain and I can’t tell any more.

I think the media are way overplaying what is actually happening, and the club may even be surprised at the level of media it is attracting. The “announcement” was a non-chalant passing reference in the middle of a bag of mixed messages and platitudes. It was immediately followed by forecasting some of the outcomes and even worse an outright statement that transformative change is not required. How could you know that before the review has been completed?

This review is an absolute sham. It’s the sort of thing you do when you have to be seen to be doing something but have no interest in doing anything.

13 Likes

Looks like everyone at the club is safe. Good to hear, we wouldn’t want to break something that’s not broken. I am fully supportive of increasing the soft cap spend so that we can pay our existing administration, coaches and recruiters more money for the excellent work they are doing.

2 Likes

Utterly.

1 Like

Mr. Burns : Did you get that internal report on the football department?

Homer : Yes, sir, I did. “The football department is located on the third floor. Its hours are 9:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m. The head of this department is a Mr. Mahney or Mahoney.”

19 Likes

Because VFL sides only have a salary cap of $100,000. So you can only have a couple of ‘high paid’ players on the team. Players like those you mentioned would get more money playing in other leagues about the place.

2 Likes

100%

Brasher can claim that we will win the Premiership (in 2-3 years time) as he won’t be at the club.

His successor won’t be held accountable to those comments.

3 Likes

Just get on with it and do the token firing of an assistant / development coach.

2 Likes

In the last email I had with Paul, we discussed external reviews. He is a very nice man. He indicated;

"External reviews can be useful if you are really unclear about where an organisation sits".

Thats why he feels we don’t need one.

5 Likes

He’s clearly senile.

1 Like

No hes a good fella.

This part did sadden me however.

3 Likes

From the looks of LinkedIn it’s Darren Farrugia and Bernard Shepheard (VFL Manager)