Footy on TV: Do you do anything unusual while watching?

I just switch off and watch the 2001 comeback game instead...

Following a TV loss this year Humbert jnr stood up in disgust and said "1984?" and I said "Yes" and so he went and put on the 84 GF.

I was most impressed.

I sit there abusing the players, which I suppose is not unusual for me.

Spin bike with varying degrees of ferocity depending on how the game is going.

A certain poster on here cannot watch any game live on TV due to stress levels, so records the games & only watches the game afterwards once she knows we win.

If we lose, the recorded game is deleted, never to see the light of day.

Opposition player lining up for goal is a chant of "Miss miss cockies ■■■■", now have worked out I only have a few per game so save

them for the most needed.

Running the ball from the back line I will weave and maneuver my way around the living room until it reaches the forward line, a mark in the forward 50 will see me drop to the knees with arms raised.

The neighbors know when Essendon are playing so they tell me.

Will leave the room when we are playing badly and ask my partner are they playing better yet and can't help myself and go back and watch anyway.

If we win, I celebrate hard, if we lose not worth knowing for the rest of the weekend.

High five everyone, hug the dogs when we kick a goal, we miss it's get outside.

Ohh and most importantly a good game of pinball before the game ensures a big win!

A certain poster on here cannot watch any game live on TV due to stress levels, so records the games & only watches the game afterwards once she knows we win.

If we lose, the recorded game is deleted, never to see the light of day.

Lol, I wasn't aware that my friend Lorraine (named changed) was on BB.

So no one else utters just this one word emphatically,  with fists clenched, elbows bent stiffly at right angles,  when a Bomber player kicks the sealer, beyond doubt ?

yes.jpg

It's supposed to be that, but it come out sounding more like NNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHH!

So no one else utters just this one word emphatically,  with fists clenched, elbows bent stiffly at right angles,  when a Bomber player kicks the sealer, beyond doubt?

yes.jpg

This is Fark Carlton‘s version of that:
74x82p-640x500.jpg

Sit at home, watch it on the TV with Blitz match thread on my iPad usually. Only with people who will support EFC.

Other than that more or less every opposition possession is followed by "I f**** hate that c*****"

And EFC goals followed by a leap into the air and FIIIIIIIIIIRE UPP CAAAAAAAAAAAARNTS

I'm a fan of the ole, "chewy on ya boot" just prior to the opposition kick.

"Maggotys up ya bum". This is what my uncle Papi (who is the reason I follow the Mighty Bombers) taught me as a young lad. I looked up to him and still remember all the dirty  tricks that he taught me to use in general play. 

As an interstate person I might only get to see one or, if I am lucky, two games a year, so watching on the TV is a ritual. I wear the footy jumper and hat and if the missus is there then she has to wear a hat and if any other visitors are there they get thrown a hat as well. Fark em if they don't support the Bombers, if they are in my house then they wear it or don't watch the footy!

Have also been known to deck out the whole living room in the Weg posters for our 16 premierships and hang scarves, towels and other Bomber paraphernalia around. I also involuntarily kick the footy, so my wife tells me, and if the game is close and we kick a goal I might leap up from the couch and go full apesh!t. This is not so great as my wife usual has her legs across my lap and she ends up going flying off the couch as well!

The three dogs all run to the barn and won't be anywhere near the house whilst the footy is on as they don't like me yelling. I tried to teach the Ring Necked Parrot to whistle the Bombers song, he started to get it and I have heard him do it on the quiet when he thinks no one is around, but the ■■■■■■■ won't do it when I want him to. I have seen him stop whatever he is doing and watch the TV when the song comes on though, so something in that little bird brain recognises it. 

Record the games and if we win I will watch it a couple of times during the week. 

But best of all I ring my best mate at each quarter break to discuss what is going on. He is also a Bombers tragic like myself and as we both live interstate this is our opportunity to talk footy, footy, footy! 

I tried to teach the Ring Necked Parrot to whistle the Bombers song, he started to get it and I have heard him do it on the quiet when he thinks no one is around, but the ■■■■■■■ won't do it when I want him to. I have seen him stop whatever he is doing and watch the TV when the song comes on though, so something in that little bird brain recognises it.

LIKE.

Anxiety mega!

Start playing with my hairline with fingertips, very annoying. lol

I'm English so only get to experience the Bombers on tv ............ sad to admit but when an opponent is lining up a kick at goal, I focus on an area of the screen that isn't the goal, in the hope that I can "will" the ball to that area.

I'm English so only get to experience the Bombers on tv ............ sad to admit but when an opponent is lining up a kick at goal, I focus on an area of the screen that isn't the goal, in the hope that I can "will" the ball to that area.

Welcome Nickcat. Telekinetic powers would come in handy at those moments.

When watching replays I occasionally fall to temptation and check the internet to see who won.

I mistakenly got my phone out during a close last quarter once as I couldn’t bear the suspense.

Then I remembered that I was at the ground and watching live!

When watching replays I occasionally fall to temptation and check the internet to see who won.
I mistakenly got my phone out during a close last quarter once as I couldn't bear the suspense.
Then I remembered that I was at the ground and watching live!

But the bookie app you opened told you the predetermined result, right?

I pray (apologies in advance for any perceived blasphemy):

Our Hero who art in Toorak,

Hirdy be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in Tulla

As it was in Windy Hill.

Give us this day our weekly win,

And forgive us our half time doubts

As we forgive those who boo against us.

Lead us not into temptation

But deliver us from Carlton

For thine is the Docklands,

the MCG, and the interstate ovals,

For ever and ever,

Cole-man

I read people like yours posts and put on an English accent just to make it sound more legit. Even if it's in your head. Give it a try

I pray (apologies in advance for any perceived blasphemy):

Our Hero who art in Toorak,

Hirdy be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in Tulla

As it was in Windy Hill.

Give us this day our weekly win,

And forgive us our half time doubts

As we forgive those who boo against us.

Lead us not into temptation

But deliver us from Carlton

For thine is the Docklands,

the MCG, and the interstate ovals,