Footy on TV: Do you do anything unusual while watching?

I get more nervous watching Fark carlton games than Essendon games

I actually get a bigger kick out of them losing than us winning..................that's how much I despise them

I swear profusely and break things.

Get drunk, swear a heap (and I swear a fucking shitload in general conversation), pretty much drop an f bomb every time there is a stupid turnover. I would hate watching football with me, but I blame Essendon for most of these problems over the last say…five years, probably more, my confidence is shot, I can barely remember football being fun on a regular basis. SIGH

I choose a comfortable position and then don't move at all during quarters. I will speak and occasionally move my head around but everything else stays perfectly still. At the breaks, I stretch, check Blitz and then find a new comfortable position for the next quarter. I have to be ready by the time the siren goes. If I'm not, I just stop moving and stay in whatever uncomfortable position I've ended up in at the exact moment of the siren.

Yeah, I have a problem.

When we’re losing I turn the TV off or change the channel then log on to Blitz with my iPad and just watch the game unfold on the matchday thread. This has worked for me a few times and surprisingly, we’ve actully end up winning the game. Plus the no holds barred raw and passionate commentary on Blitz is sort of comforting for me, in some sort of massocistic way. Watching the game unfold on the Blitz game thread is a form of entertainment in its own right, it’s a roller coaster ride of raw passion and emotions, every now then someone has to post " calm the f#%k down ! " I’m sure any psycologists out there could use its content for valuable training material.

Having just re read some of the things we do, I am beginning to wonder if watching the team we love play a game we love, is any good for our mental/physical health.   :)

Image if some one who has no idea re the emotions invested in watching your team play, was looking on, reckon they would probably consider that we are all heading in the right direction, to an asylum.    :P

I get more nervous watching Fark carlton games than Essendon games

I actually get a bigger kick out of them losing than us winning..................that's how much I despise them

Sorry, thats not unusual. :P

Having just re read some of the things we do, I am beginning to wonder if watching the team we love play a game we love, is any good for our mental/physical health.   :)

Image if some one who has no idea re the emotions invested in watching your team play, was looking on, reckon they would probably consider that we are all heading in the right direction, to an asylum.    :P

All perfectly within the range of normal. glad to know that no one just sits there impassive like I do if I watch soccer,where its 99.5% same old same old and its hard to emotionally connect with it.

All perfectly within the range of normal. glad to know that no one just sits there impassive like I do if I watch soccer,where its 99.5% same old same old and its hard to emotionally connect with it.

Yes true, but I mean if someone was watching us/me/you watching the game. 

Have watched my English friend when he is watching his beloved West Ham (me watching him not the game), I now understand why people who have no interest in footy think we may all be a little nutty.  :lol:

Lots of eye-rolling, shaking of head, sighing and swearing with the amount of basic mistakes that happen

during a game( especially when the ball enters our fwd50 arc )...just general frustration actually.

This is all interspersed with loud whoops of YESSSSSS and fist pumps when we do something great.

Fark me watching footy is a roller coaster of emotions. 

have a toss

I choose a comfortable position and then don't move at all during quarters. I will speak and occasionally move my head around but everything else stays perfectly still. At the breaks, I stretch, check Blitz and then find a new comfortable position for the next quarter. I have to be ready by the time the siren goes. If I'm not, I just stop moving and stay in whatever uncomfortable position I've ended up in at the exact moment of the siren.

Yeah, I have a problem.

That is hilarious!!

have a toss

Are you suggesting that's what we should do to settle the nerves Stall or its actually what you do during a game?

Having just re read some of the things we do, I am beginning to wonder if watching the team we love play a game we love, is any good for our mental/physical health. :)
Image if some one who has no idea re the emotions invested in watching your team play, was looking on, reckon they would probably consider that we are all heading in the right direction, to an asylum. :P

Usually if I'm watching footy, my dog freaks out. She pops her head on my knee and looks up at me with genuine concern.
With that level of yelling and anger... She can only deduce that something is really, really wrong!
It's quite funny to watch, and I often start to feel guilty about the noise I'm making.

Yeah, I have a problem.

That is hilarious!!

I thought I was admitting this in a safe space where people would understand my neuroses. :(

Yes true, but I mean if someone was watching us/me/you watching the game. 

Have watched my English friend when he is watching his beloved West Ham (me watching him not the game), I now understand why people who have no interest in footy think we may all be a little nutty.  :lol:

Go the Hammers! I follow them as they were my Nan's team and she passed that on to me. (Follow is probably too big a call... if anyone asks I tell them I support the Hammers, but in reality I have no clue as to where they are on the ladder or whether they have won or lost. No time for supporting any other teams when you are a Bombers tragic!!)

have a toss

Are you suggesting that's what we should do to settle the nerves Stall or its actually what you do during a game?
2nd one

have a toss

2nd one
You're a funny farker Stallion...love it.

I'll confess to the occasional hip thrust when things are going well, but Stallion's taking it to the next level.

Cocaine and caviar