For the mods... VFL Category

Noting the revival in interest being shown in the VFL team now that it is effectively Essendon Reserves, rather than just a single thread, is it possible to start up a new category specifically for the VFL team. This way, posters could open multiple threads much like in the Dustin Fletcher Hanger, where we could have game day threads, player threads etc, without the whole lot being lumped under a single thread title. This would allow discussion on non AFL listed players particularly, with a view to inform the Blitz community on those that may be worthy of being picked up at the end of the year. It also allows all things VFL to be posted to a dedicated subject thread rather than the generic jumble that is the current VFL thread.

And DJR should be the moderator for it

As I recall, the reason the Mega-Thread came into existence was because old games/threads kept expiring and disappearing. That was also the origin of the single thread policy for each player.

Is this still an issue – if so, I would vote no. Part of the point of the VFL stuff is being able to go back and see what was being said about that guy we just rookied after being on our list for years.

As I recall, the reason the Mega-Thread came into existence was because old games/threads kept expiring and disappearing. That was also the origin of the single thread policy for each player.

Is this still an issue – if so, I vote no. Part of the point of the VFL stuff is being able to go back and see what was being said about that guy we just rookied after being on our list for years.

I reckon its own forum would allow for good archiving, would require a strict naming regime. dd/mm/yy - Round X - Ess vs xx/ xx vs Ess.

just my 2c.

I’ve voiced my dislike of the single thread before. Yes!

Votes currently 25-1, the people have spoken

I’m not crazy about the mega-thread.

I haven't voted yet :wink:
I haven't voted yet :wink:

The tension is killing me…

Currently 52 for, 3 against.

Clearly the 3’s have it.

Name it the Fat ■■■■ burrow

Clearly the 3's have it.
Mods care so much this is still not relocated to the Feedback forum.
Name it the Fat ■■■■ burrow

Essendon’s shisha bar.

Clearly the 3's have it.
Don't you mean the 2s ?
Clearly the 3's have it.
Mods care so much this is still not relocated to the Feedback forum.
My bad. I forgot all about the feedback section.

I actually vote no. I think it will be surprisingly barren. And I also like the old shutting down of the trade/draft thread between February - October.

Currently 52 for, 3 aghaust.

Fixed

Voted no. Don’t like hunting through different sections.

Gotta ask ol’ mate lizzy lurkin for permission.