Forgotten Icecream

Who-box-2_2wtmk.jpg

dixie_cups.jpg

yum, used to love Twisters also.

Eskimo Pie's were good, til they started to melt, maybe they were meant to eaten quickly and not savoured, lol.

there was an ice cream I used to love as a kid in the 80's. Was sold in a round tub, and was vanilla and chocolate. I think it was called 'Vienna' but not sure.

there was an ice cream I used to love as a kid in the 80's. Was sold in a round tub, and was vanilla and chocolate. I think it was called 'Vienna' but not sure.

Yep, liked them too, and they had a dusting of chocolate powder over the top.

Not an ice cream but god i loved these

curly_wurly.jpg

Can still get Curly Wurly!

Also relevant: You're wrong Nicola.

Don't supose any of you kids are old enough to have eaten Sennitts Ice Cream.

Still cheap, too.

Get crackin' with a Whip. (again, not an ice cream)

Also relevant: You're wrong Nicola.

HEY. Curly Wurlys are rubbish.

Don't supose any of you kids are old enough to have eaten Sennitts Ice Cream.

I thought I'd read all the way to the end before mentioning them. I think they disappeared when Streets hit the street. Only place I  remember them in at the little kiosk near where Hooksey got killed in Cowderoy St, West St Kilda. I think the kiosk is enclosed now. I used to be an altar boy at the little church there....used to get bigger crowds there than they do in the entire weekend's masses in North Caulfield (my old cheese says 28 the other week) these days. Down by one now the old man can't go any more (housebound).

I also remember Ecks, Tarax, Marchants and Cottees soft drinks - not to mention the ones like Loy's, Slades and Noddy's you had to get delivered.

Are Eskimo Pies still around?

mwTmLXwGjjkWCk-C6D8z4hQ.jpg

Are sunny boys and zooper doopers still around (I know they are not icecreams).

and don't forget razz, zaps and glugs...the last time I had a sunny boy it was a lot smaller than they used to be...

cue ■■■■ joke...now..

Eat a Gaytime.

They changed the confectionary "■■■■" to "fads", as it was deemed offensive. But there's nothing wrong with faux cigarettes for kiddies!

■■■■-cropped-noise.jpg?w=906&h=971

peecola.jpg

Has to be fake, but anyway:

5.jpg

Yep, liked them too, and they had a dusting of chocolate powder over the top.

yeah that's it alight. the chocolate on the top was the best part.

Initially thought this thread was about an ice cream that had been forgotten and melted or something.