Forgotten Icecream

Don't supose any of you kids are old enough to have eaten Sennitts Ice Cream.

ummmmm.......I remember my Dad telling me about them.

There used to be one from Peters called the Kreem-b-tween, which was basically a slab of vanilla ice cream you had to unwrap and place between two wafers that the milk bar supplied.

:lol: Sennitts morphed into (read was taken over by) Streets.

Anyone recall the name of the ice cream that was a block of vanilla ice-cream between two biscuits?

Cream Between. Peters was the brand. You were handed the two bits of wafer. The next nearest thing was/is an eskimo pie. Cream betweens were very hygienic! 

:lol: Sennitts morphed into (read was taken over by) Streets.

Sennet's Comet was my favourite. Creamy yet cheap.

Weak that they changed the name to Fads. There were candy cigars too, think they are dynamite sticks now.

There were also these:
ZMNz8Qs.jpg

But my absolute fav’s were:
9HBT7ma.jpg

Dirt cheap too.

I remember you would have 10c after school and you would 5c of chips and 2 potato cakes for 9c. Massive serve of chips and thick potato cakes. 

Nothing like a drumstick which was the most expensive ice-cream at the time. Loved the Mr Whippe and Mr Gelati vans. Actually Hk has an equivalent of Mr Whippee - I get one most days after work. 

How do you think these would go in Australia? Fellow Blitzer discovered them in Korea.

What would you even call it?

Weak that they changed the name to Fads. There were candy cigars too, think they are dynamite sticks now.
There were also these:
ZMNz8Qs.jpg
But my absolute fav's were:
9HBT7ma.jpg
Dirt cheap too.

every little lunch would get a Chomp and small milk for like 50c

Chomps are dope.

Streets Gaytime Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ph3TRc_iLE

I ate two of them at the Show once, felt sick for days.

I miss the glory that was the Hazelnut Roll. Last seen at Billy Burgers in Nagambie in about 1994...

3891230023_910d37a946.jpg

There was an ice cream years ago (late 70s) that was chocolate and had orange coating, similar to a Jaffa. ■■■■■■ delicious. Not 100% sure but I think it was called a Bolo.

Peters Double Yummy was pretty decent too, one of those two stick jobs with a different flavour on each stick.

Does anyone remember the Superspy ice creams? The stick was plastic and had a stencil where you got to break a code, so the fun continued even when you finished the treat!

The old Choc Wedges were great. 

Don't know what they've done to them, but they're not the same. 

Remember when you could get a Razz, Sunnyboy, Glug, etc. for 5 cents. You had to keep taking it out of the packet and turning them though, or else you'd suck all the flavour out and just be left with a block of ice. 

Buffalo Motherf*****n Bill

'cept it was Bubble O Bill: 

Go for your gum. 

Don't you mean gun? 

Whitash. 

Funny feet!

I was reminiscing about the glory days (I'm 29) and going through cartoons we used to watch, different type of lollies we used to eat (remember Ka-Bluey?) However when we got to ice-creams, we couldn't remember one in particular.

To describe:

Standard ice cream on a stick, chocolate coated.

BUT,

There was a solid piece of chocolate at the very centre of the ice cream, about two inches long, on the stick.

Driving us insane.

I'm still trying to remember this one. I know exactly the one you mean. Feast!

Feast-Mint_naked92-175147.png

Jumbo Ice cream

Sorry haven't spent the time to learn how to paste photos yet

I was reminiscing about the glory days (I'm 29) and going through cartoons we used to watch, different type of lollies we used to eat (remember Ka-Bluey?) However when we got to ice-creams, we couldn't remember one in particular.

To describe:

Standard ice cream on a stick, chocolate coated.

BUT,

There was a solid piece of chocolate at the very centre of the ice cream, about two inches long, on the stick.

Driving us insane.

I'm still trying to remember this one. I know exactly the one you mean. Feast!

Feast-Mint_naked92-175147.png

The one I remember had chocolate ice cream and pretty sure it was called Triple Choc.