Former #1 Pig Hibberd

Jeezus ■■■■■■■ christ.

1 Like

I’m dreading reading the expected headline tomorrow.

Best wishes to the families.

4 Likes

I wasn’t but did accept his apology. I went out fishing with him in his boat which turned out to be my mistake. Pulled a life jacket out, went to put it on and it had been attacked by rats and fell to bits, all four had. The flares were out of date, no horn or whistle and no v sheet. I looked at him and shook my head and gave myself a good kick in the backside and said to myself I am a f*cking idiot coming out fishing with you. We got in safely without incident and I bought my own boat.

1 Like

From his voice box, I guess.

Best wishes to the Hibberd family. Stupid or not to enter the water on a day like that, the inevitable outcome is extremely sad.

5 Likes

An ex state cricketer died a couple of years ago doing the sinking fishing boat thing while on the ■■■■. the bizarre thing was he didn’t actually drown - he was so fat and enebriated the life jacket didn’t fit right and ended up suffocating him cause it got stuck in his face and he couldn’t breathe.

There’s an irony there somewhere.

1 Like

Not that anyone has been able to prove this, but they do say that drowning is one of the more peaceful ways to go.

I guess once you take that first suck of water you might find peace, i can’t imagine the act of struggling for breath to be very peaceful though.

Preceded of course by pure terrifying panic.

1 Like

Who was that?

Drowning would be an awful, awful way to go. Waterboarding basically simulates the experience, and they use it to torture people.

Hypothermia is apparently quite a dreamy was to drift off, however.

2 Likes

just saw pigs insta stroy. so sad…

Once the person drowning stops fighting for air, its kind of like you’ve been smoking dope and are floating through clouds, or it was for me.

I almost drowned at Lake Eppalock. I was resuscitated. The people who pulled me out of four metres of water said I had been under for about five minutes. Later, I asked the ambo’s what was the light I saw and the music I heard. They said it was the sun but had no idea about the music. When I was released and allowed to leave, I walked down the water’s edge, I could not see my ankles in six inches of water, let alone the sun.

Several weeks later I was in book shop in Fitzroy, a book fell off the shelf and I picked it up and bought it. It was called Life after Life by Raymond Moody. It was about near death experiences. I realised that was what had happened to me.

28 Likes

One time i brought a new kitten.

I was holding it out the front of Woolworths, as my wife went inside to buy kitten food, and it pooped in my hands.

Ahhh, your story is probably more interesting.

4 Likes

At least it wasn’t all over your shirt or pants.

1 Like

Tony benneworth

1 Like

Ah before my time, thanks.

Before yours indeed

Sad indeed, Geoff has a young lady to look after!

I had a similar experience, with a similar result. Though I was pretty smashed at the time, and kinda wanted to just stay down there.