Former #19 - Shaunye

Yeah, nah. Has some talent no doubt, but people overrate the upper ceiling of flashy players quite often and I'd say Edwards is one.

Disagree, he has shown he CAN do it all, hangers, goals, has shown he can get the hard ball, can tackle the list goes on

Problem is he refuses to do those things in the same game!

I’ve been a fan but am afraid he hasnt got enough go in him and therefore wont make it past this year

yeah. For such a talented player he cant hit targets and is a poor decision maker.

Edwards must have selective talent.

He has shown he can hit targets and has shown good decision making at times too, for whatever reason (i think its his effort/workrate/attitude) he only gives some aspects in each game never brings everything to the table together

Simple - Not talented enough for AFL.

Yeah, except he is. … How many games has he played exactly?

24 career games. 12 of them with us

Fk I hope he clicks … one more crack on Etihad’s expanses, on a low crowd low expectation Sunday eve against his old club that shunted him Woosh.

It might be an ideal scenario for him to get the skates on.

Naturally gifted player that is stifled by modern day tactics and structures.

That’s because it’s a team game. If he gets stifled by tactics and structures he should be playing an individual sport, tennis, squash, golf, diving, gymnastics.
Team games require tactics and structures otherwise everyone is doing their own thing and it ceases being teamwork.

Yeah, nah. Has some talent no doubt, but people overrate the upper ceiling of flashy players quite often and I'd say Edwards is one.

Disagree, he has shown he CAN do it all, hangers, goals, has shown he can get the hard ball, can tackle the list goes on

I’ve been a fan but am afraid he hasnt got enough go in him and therefore wont make it past this year

yeah. For such a talented player he cant hit targets and is a poor decision maker.

He has shown he can hit targets and has shown good decision making at times too, for whatever reason (i think its his effort/workrate/attitude) he only gives some aspects in each game never brings everything to the table together

Yeah, except he is. … How many games has he played exactly?

u

Six years in the system for 24 games - Coaches at GWS and essendon must have it wrong.

Gone from goose step to goose!

To scape-goose

aka ‘laconic’.

That’s because it’s a team game. If he gets stifled by tactics and structures he should be playing an individual sport, tennis, squash, golf, diving, gymnastics.
Team games require tactics and structures otherwise everyone is doing their own thing and it ceases being teamwork.

I wish a few more U12 basketballers would realise this.

I think his laconicness is just misunderstood, ala the Prince of Laconicness - good ol’ Paddy Onegoodseason Whatsisname.

I wish a few more U12 basketballers would realise this.

I wish the other twenty one players named in the Essendon firsts would realise this.

Enjoyed a goose step, loved the promise, lived the blitz hype.

Laterz.

I think im better off giving up on this discussion but might i suggest you look up the meaning of talent

He’s talented enough for afl thats why he was drafted and has been perservered with for 5-6 years

Its a matter of hard work to develop that talent into something more

He has not developed into a consistent, reliable performer thats why he will (probably) be delisted at seasons end

It has been 6 years in the AFL, that’s a pretty good run for promise. Still hoping against hope that something clicks now that the writing is on the wall.

It will need to be a big click.

WTF? … Ohhhh, … that’s CLICK … ok carry on …

Glad the club are thinking big picture and getting some valuable games into Stokes.

You guys are trying to argue against Yaco when he is fixed on something??????

Pot Kettle Black - You are known as the immovable force. :slight_smile:

Glad the club are thinking big picture and getting some valuable games into Stokes.

No one on our list to play his role who has earned a spot

I agree with the sarcastic font used by MaxFactor. The season is a write off, (always was going to be). There is little more to be gained this year other than trying to get some experience and development into our youth.

Agreed that the kids need some protection and hardened bodies to assist them and yes, they also learn off the more experinced players around them.

Putting Stokes into a position within the current Essendon side as some sort of position dominating, match winner is pure fantasy.

Putting him in to protect and develope the youth - yes.

Including him.

I agree with the sarcastic font used by MaxFactor. The season is a write off, (always was going to be). There is little more to be gained this year other than trying to get some experience and development into our youth.

Agreed that the kids need some protection and hardened bodies to assist them and yes, they also learn off the more experinced players around them.

Putting Stokes into a position within the current Essendon side as some sort of position dominating, match winner is pure fantasy.

Putting him in to protect and develope the youth - yes.

I wasnt suggesting he should be playing to win matches or anything similar, my point was more to do with making the younger guys earn a spot

And i agree he hasnt earned his spot either but im not really too worried about teaching him work ethic considering he wont be here next year
Out young guys need to learn they need to work hard for a game

I think im better off giving up on this discussion but might i suggest you look up the meaning of talent

He’s talented enough for afl thats why he was drafted and has been perservered with for 5-6 years

Its a matter of hard work to develop that talent into something more

He has not developed into a consistent, reliable performer thats why he will (probably) be delisted at seasons end

Which means Edwards doesn’t have the talent to be a good AFL player.