Former #3 Scott Gumbletron

Needs a fresh start at a new club.

We butchered his trade value this year.

Great running target but not mobile enough once the ball hits the ground.

Just didn't take his chances his year imo. Just doesn't have anywhere near enough tricks to his bow. Credit to the guy for getting over his injuries. The club has been great to him keeping him on the list for so long, with little return. I hope he gets a gig at another club. He just isn't anywhere near our best 22.

Well, that's a tricky one again.

He has taken his chances. Kicked 4 goals against St Kilda, played well against Collingwood in the big game.

Found it hard against Sydney, like every player, Sydney in the wet, not easy, and how was the delivery and continuity up forward that day? In fact he hurt his ankle I think.

It's hard to have a great game when you aren't selected every round, so when you are sprinkled into games across a season, to play well is a credit to Scott. Which is what he has done for 2 seasons in a row now. When they select him, he usually comes in and has a go, takes grabs, rucks.

It's hard to really paint a picture of Scott until he is given a full season of games, in a row.

I think he is still very valuable to Essendon or another team.

The question is also, can a club get the best out of him?

had a chance to cement a place in the side several times this year v good opposition swans, pies etc didnt take those chances, now time has passed him by I’m afraid will be trade bait for sure
too many excuses for gumby, too wet, too high, too low, too soft, too hard, not sunny enough, not delivered to him well enough, may be better off with a new start elsewhere, not part of long term plans, too many ahead of him unfortunately, maybe better off back in WA or at the doggies or carltank

had a chance to cement a place in the side several times this year v good opposition swans, pies etc didnt take those chances, now time has passed him by I'm afraid will be trade bait for sure
too many excuses for gumby, too wet, too high, too low, too soft, too hard, not sunny enough, not delivered to him well enough, may be better off with a new start elsewhere, not part of long term plans, too many ahead of him unfortunately, maybe better off back in WA or at the doggies or carltank

Yep, had a real good chance in those 10 goal losses.

You know what... Who is Gumby what can he do really? I was a supporter and still would be If he was given a go and did something. Good luck to him if he goes and cements a spot in someone's  best 22.

I'm over the MYTH of Gumby the future superstar TBH.

What is his value on the market?

Nothing short of second rounder for mine.

A chocolate milk.

Pick 54 (so far) according to Emma Q on twitter.

Would be disappointed with that, if that's what happens, but I would love for him to do well at Freo. If ever there was a bloke who I wanted to see succeed at this level, it'd be him.

Can we refuse the deal and if he walks just pick him up psd?

Would be disappointed with that, if that's what happens, but I would love for him to do well at Freo. If ever there was a bloke who I wanted to see succeed at this level, it'd be him.

Pick 54 :o

he played like a pick 54 against the Eagles, but seriously, he's worth more than that.

Pick 54 :o

We killed any value he had by not playing him last year.

Pick 54 would be a disgrace. Essendon football club need to take a stand against Fremantle who have undercut us on a couple of occassions now.

Injured or not Gumby is a Key position forward - there is one other floating around at the moment - Podsiadly.

If Freo want a KPF, then they should be prepared to pay for him

To be honest I dont want to let Gumby go. If Crameri is leaving, then Gumby becomes an important player. Especially considering Hurley is so fragile.

Pick 54 would be a disgrace. Essendon football club need to take a stand against Fremantle who have undercut us on a couple of occassions now.

Injured or not Gumby is a Key position forward - there is one other floating around at the moment - Podsiadly.

If Freo want a KPF, then they should be prepared to pay for him

To be honest I dont want to let Gumby go. If Crameri is leaving, then Gumby becomes an important player. Especially considering Hurley is so fragile.

Well said.

This year's draft is also lacking those KP forwards so we should be playing hardball to get something valuable. I still reckon he should stay but as others have suggested it's probably best for him to go after being on our list for a large amount of time.

GUMB

The Gumbletron is great when he's on the run or crashing a pack, but he's useless when the ball is kicked on his head because he hasn't got the body strength to move his defender.  He doesn't even break even in standing side by side contests.

HOWEVER.. 2013 was the first year in a few that he's been able to play a full season (mix of reserves and senior footy) and he still hasn't had a a run at a preseason.  He's basically the equivalent of a 20yo with a couple of seasons of experience.  I think that if we can get him lifting some weights and putting some strength through his core he's got the capability to be a really good player and I'd hate to see him leave now after all we've been through with him.

Stick with him for one more year and I think we'll be rewarded.  If we trade him now we're not going to get anything remotely close to what he is worth at full potential

the guy was given enough games to prove himself this year. Apart from a few little things here and there was very average.

If he wasn't a pick 2, he would of been gone years ago. Good luck to him wherever he goes, but we owe him nothing.

Gumb  :(

good luck gumby. laters! 

What would gumby and pick 22 from the dogs for crameri get us?