Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

Yeah what the hell happened to the numbers? Morons...

Our 2 rucks came 14th and 18th in the B and F.

We need one to be pushing top 5. 

Both top 10 would be great.

J Selwood spoke to O Wines and congratulated him on a fantastic 1st year, but the said you must make sure your following year is better.

Ryder needs this advice.

Before the days of subs and the forward press ruckmen were only expected to, well ruck. He's undoubtably one of the best tap ruckman in the game and I think did a lot for raising the standard of our mids this year. Purely a ruckman I think he's done well.

The frustrating thing is he's so skilled that it would be great if he could do a lot more. One of the best kicks in the squad.

J Selwood spoke to O Wines and congratulated him on a fantastic 1st year, but the said you must make sure your following year is better.

Ryder needs this advice.

Rumour has it that Dean Cox called up Paddy this week and said "Remember ANZAC day 09? Can you do that again?"

I think we need to face it, he's never going to be the player we think he can be.

Lets face it, the output level hasn't changed for years. He's reached his level.

Still a fine player.

I disagree, he admits he needs to be more consistant.....at least he is aware of it, so now he just needs to execute next year.

Ryder needs this advice.
Rumour has it that Dean Cox called up Paddy this week and said "Remember ANZAC day 09? Can you do that again?"

If he was up against the likes of Josh Fraser every week, he probably would.

When on fire is a game changer. Needs to be on fire at all times.

Very, very disappointing. On talent, should be a Buddy or a Goodes; is infact an Alwyn. Needs to step it up asap.

When on fire is a game changer. Needs to be on fire at all times.

He's not a Dwarf.

Frustrating.

Very, very disappointing. On talent, should be a Buddy or a Goodes; is infact an Alwyn. Needs to step it up asap.

A bit tough I reckon. If you put him at CHB or CHF, then perhaps you could compare to Buddi, but he is the no 1 ruck and it is a tough role in these days of constant ball ups. And remember when Goodes was played as a ruck an he failed, as his body could not take the physical toll.
I don't have any answer except I would love to see a goal to goal line of Carlisle, Ryder, Watson, Daniher and Hurley.

A bit tough I reckon. If you put him at CHB or CHF, then perhaps you could compare to Buddi, but he is the no 1 ruck and it is a tough role in these days of constant ball ups. And remember when Goodes was played as a ruck an he failed, as his body could not take the physical toll.
I don't have any answer except I would love to see a goal to goal line of Carlisle, Ryder, Watson, Daniher and Hurley.

I would absolutely hate to see that spine. I think he is a spud at CHB. Has neither the consistency or the aggression for defence. Not even close.

Does anticipate extremely well though.

Confident defending and intercepting in the air, and quite clean when the ball hits the deck.

Good composure; nice, penetrating kick; good speed on the lead, and when caught behind an opponent. Seems more comfortable when his back isn’t to goal.

Can’t see why he couldn’t make a competent defender - he is, however, needed elsewhere.

And, like Carlisle, is quite comfortable taking aggressive defensive positions ie front position. He’s probably more equipped than Carlisle to defend this way because of that extra pace that is vital when the ball slips in behind the defence.

He will fulfill his potential as the team gets better.

Massive confidence player who has been distracted, again, by off field stuff

Hopefully Thompson will back himself to extract a jog out of him.

big fan of the bloke, he will click.

LACONIC