Former #32 Travis Colyer

Could Nick Hind be a guy we could get with a later pick in the draft to fill a similar role to Trav?

6 Likes

Yes. If he’s available and we don’t take him… I’ll be somewhat agitated.

1 Like

We need to move some of these back up or best 22 but not best 18 players (interchange bench type players) to give the next wave of peripheral players like laverde the opportunity to sink or swim. Baffled by us not making the same call on others like McKernan, Dea, Hartley, Baguley etc.

Unclog the list.

Good luck to Trav. I always liked him and like all the saga players got screwed over royally, and unfortunately he could never regain his pre-saga form. Hopefully he rediscovers it with a new start and has several years of great football

7 Likes

No booing of Trav, same as Melk and Pig.
Judas Ryder and Coke Carlisle will continue to cop vitriol over the fence from myself and others however

20 Likes

Knowing who and when to boo, is a true art form.

8 Likes

Travalinko, you were awesome at your best and that’s how I’ll remember you.

1 Like

Sure Hind is fast but that’s where the similarity ends. Trav is very solid up top and made good use of that strength whereas Hind has super powerful legs but is extremely lightly built from the waist up. Nick Hind is a good attacking player but I reckon his weakness is umm his weakness.

1 Like

Will never forget that run against Hawthorn- will always be a legend for that play.

2 Likes

Remember him being subbed on late against Port in the last game of 2011 and won us the game in a quarter.

5 Likes

thankyou Travis
you worked on your game and at one stage were elite
we wish you well

As for Nick Hind i hope we get him because if he works on his upper body strength he would be fantastic for us - he is just so fast

The best of Trav is that left foot bomb from outside 50 against Hawks late in year. That takes skill.

That was the old, confident in his abilities Colyer.
Freo can find this guys best and they have made a good trade.

4 Likes

Same for me. But I will still yell out fumbles every time he gets the ball when he plays against us. So I will only be yelling it out like 11 times so it’s all good

2 Likes

Always a Bomber. All the best dude.

I was pretty critical of Trav at times this year but I would’ve kept him over a future fourth rounder.

IMO, he’s a fringe player at best but with a year left on his contract, we “sold low” after he had an interrupted year. I also worry about our small forward depth heading into 2019.

Ah well. Best of luck to him over at Freo. He strikes me as an excellent clubman and a top bloke who never quite reached a consistent level of performance for us. Good luck, Trav!

1 Like

low key I think we get a sizeable contract off the books (saga guilt size)

Best of luck Trav

If we want him, … he will be ours I reckon.

Hoping Trav has an awesome patch of footy at Freo. Wishing him all the best

We didn’t trade him for the pick we got. The trade was done to free up cap space and a list spot. There are numerous trades done for worthless late picks like this now - its how we got Stewart from GWS.

For Trav I think the 3 year deal is a winner. He was going to struggle to get game time and another contract with us if our team is fit and firing. Loved watching him play - once he collected the ball - especially when breaking the lines to the early morn.

7 Likes

Thanks Trav.