Former #32 Travis Colyer

EXXXOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Could have been as big as Metallica!

1364213016_8860_exodus.jpg?itok=TQYl6fpi

Essendon FC ‏@Essendon_FC 1m
Two years for Trav! Travis Colyer has re-signed to remain a Bomber until 2015: http://bombe.rs/1gltP6n  #godons

And Fogdog's mail is spot on again.

Fantastic news!

Sad to see him continue the exodus............wait.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/no-sign-of-essendon-exodus-as-travis-colyer-signs-contract-extension/story-fn69a32t-1226734754176

ESSENDON says Travis Colyer's new contract is proof players don't want to leave the club in the wake of the supplement saga.

Colyer is off the trade table after turning down longer-term offers from other clubs to pen a two-year extension with Essendon.

JOIN THE LIVE TRADE CHAT

The 22-year-old has played 34 matches, including seven in 2013, since being recruited from Western Australia with pick 26 in the 2009 national draft.

"Travis turned down longer term offers from other clubs to stay loyal to Essendon and this is a further sign of our players wanting to stay at the club," Bombers list manager Adrian Dodoro said.

"We hope Travis can have a big pre-season campaign and develop his game further to consolidate his spot in the senior side."

Last month the AFL Players Association raised the prospect of Bomber players leaving the club as unrestricted free agents in the wake of the supplement scandal that resulted in the club being booted from the finals.

But so far no player has gone down that path.

The Bombers yesterday declared David Myers "won't be going anywhere" despite strong interest from Melbourne, and haven't given up hope of keeping Stewart Crameri despite his desire to join the Bulldogs.

Colyer said he was keen to cement his spot in the senior line-up.

"I am really excited to have been given the opportunity to sign on for a further two years with the club," he said.

"There were opportunities to continue my career elsewhere, but there are a lot of good people at Essendon and I want to be a part of the club and its push for success moving forward."

MASS EXODUS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy. Well done Trav!

Hopefully we see him having more time in the seniors next year. Needs to have more games like he did against GWS.

Some serious afterburners on this kid!
We are getting some serious speed look at this kid dalgliesh winderlich. Some exciting times ahead!

I've been a harsh critic of Trav's at times, but I'm rapt to see him stick with the club. Please sort out your erratic kicking lad because your almost exactly what we need in the senior side. Hopefully he gets some more opportunities next year.

Stoked for him ! Maybe two was generous but I’m not complaining he’s still still young and has more to show. Really needs to start stepping up over next two years or it may be his last contract. I’ll keep the faith ! Congrats Trav !

Not sure why people keep mentioning Colyer as a bad kick. In the games I saw of him in 2013, his kicks were ok.

Kicked 4 goals against GWS and was one of our best against Hawthorn hitting up targets all night. I then watched the VFL EFC game and also noticed that his kicking has improved.. a lot by putting on a good performance.

Not sure why people keep mentioning Colyer as a bad kick. In the games I saw of him in 2013, his kicks were ok.

Kicked 4 goals against GWS and was one of our best against Hawthorn hitting up targets all night. I then watched the VFL EFC game and also noticed that his kicking has improved.. a lot by putting on a good performance.

I saw at least 3-4 games in the VFL where his kicking was below VFL standard. IMO it's not that he can't kick, it's that he can be very inconsistent. Has improved though, especially in the limited senior games he was given. Hope it continues that way.

He's lightning fast, surpringly strong in contested situations, smart, daring and good for a goal or two.
If he could kick, he'd be a starter in our midfield every single week.
But he can't... So he's not.

He's lightning fast, surpringly strong in contested situations, smart, daring and good for a goal or two.

The reason IMO he can't get consistent games is because of his inconsistency. Played very well against GWS and Hawks but needs to get more of the ball and lay more tackles.

Colyer played from rd 15-19 and only 4 tackles TOGETHER. Not enough for a quick guy who is meant to put pressure on the opposition.

The reason IMO he can't get consistent games is because of his inconsistency. Played very well against GWS and Hawks but needs to get more of the ball and lay more tackles.

Colyer played from rd 15-19 and only 4 tackles TOGETHER. Not enough for a quick guy who is meant to put pressure on the opposition.

Absolute classic!

Kicking will always be an issue, but needs to be stronger in the contest against good sides. Contested footy is his big issue.

Seems likeable - lucky to get a new contract.....

Is this guy the small nippy quick forward we need to play at the feet of Big Joe in 2014?

Happy for him to be given a new contract but still unsure as to where his best position is.

IMO he’s not a defender & has little hope of making it down back for a permanent role.

He seems to get his games as part of the midfield but in a role that is probably more a traditional wingmans job than an in-close possession gatherer.

The knock on him is his kicking but I dont really think it is as bad as some make it out to be.

Could he become our 2014 ‘Ezard’ in a ‘Salmon/Ezard’ combo partnership of ‘Daniher/Colyer’???

Obviously the game is a lot different these days but clearly Big Joe is going to be a much more prominent figure in our forward setups in the future & our recent attempts to play Jetta, Davey, Dell et al in these roles have been less than ideal.

Might be worth giving Colyer a decent trial at the role during the pre-season. Play him at Big Joes feet for a few games & see what happens.

Crazy idea? Thoughts?

Is this guy the small nippy quick forward we need to play at the feet of Big Joe in 2014?
Happy for him to be given a new contract but still unsure as to where his best position is.
IMO he's not a defender & has little hope of making it down back for a permanent role.
He seems to get his games as part of the midfield but in a role that is probably more a traditional wingmans job than an in-close possession gatherer.
The knock on him is his kicking but I dont really think it is as bad as some make it out to be.
Could he become our 2014 'Ezard' in a 'Salmon/Ezard' combo partnership of 'Daniher/Colyer'?????
Obviously the game is a lot different these days but clearly Big Joe is going to be a much more prominent figure in our forward setups in the future & our recent attempts to play Jetta, Davey, Dell et al in these roles have been less than ideal.
Might be worth giving Colyer a decent trial at the role during the pre-season. Play him at Big Joes feet for a few games & see what happens.
Crazy idea? Thoughts?

No, I dont think he is that sort of player. Just because he is short doesnt mean that he should be played as a small forward. His pace is going to be very handy further up the ground, and that is where he should play.