Former #32 Travis Colyer

Kicking will always be an issue, but needs to be stronger in the contest against good sides. Contested footy is his big issue.

No its not.
Edit : and I don't care if you said this three weeks ago, it's still wrong :)

Doesn’t really know how to play as a small crumbing forward. Definitely best suited to the wing where he can use his run on the outside and push forward

He just isn’t consistent enough and even though he’s an outside player, needs to learn how to win a bit more of his own ball at AFL level. He can go missing in games a bit

The club is really hoping for a Colyer breakout year next year.

Me too. I think he and Dal G add some real pace to the team. His kicking was good when he came in, I'd love to see him get more game time. Perhaps Trav is a product of the bomber philiosophy of giving young blokes plenty of development coaching in the vfl, so that when they do come in they hit the ground running.

That broken thumb just before the 2012 season proper set him back in a big way. He was tearing it up in the pre-season IIRC.

I hope he really does have a breakout. It'd be very useful to us.

Re-watched the Freo game recently, he was very good there. used his pace really well to help break open Freo's press. Made some errors, but everyone does under that kind of pressure.

Re-watched the Freo game recently, he was very good there. used his pace really well to help break open Freo's press. Made some errors, but everyone does under that kind of pressure.

made a kicking error of keplar bradley proportions which would have cost the game were jake carlisle not so unbelievably good that night.

just has to iron out that side of his game and i hope he does because he has a lot to offer.

That's what they said last year. He was one of the guys "tearing up the tracking" and "going to have a break-out year" last season. Fingers crossed it will be this year.

did he break his thumb at the start of this year or last year?

That's what they said last year. He was one of the guys "tearing up the tracking" and "going to have a break-out year" last season. Fingers crossed it will be this year.

He made some pretty good progress on his kicking and decision making last year. If he improves by that much again we will have very handy little player on our hands. Hoping he does.

He made some pretty good progress on his kicking and decision making last year. If he improves by that much again we will have very handy little player on our hands. Hoping he does.

Everyone hopes he'll do well in 2014.

The signs of improvement are there.

But what position can he make his own?

Everyone hopes he'll do well in 2014.

The signs of improvement are there.

But what position can he make his own?

Emergency.

He missed a month or so of the pre-season with an ankle injury just before Christmas last year, so hoping he can stay injury free this time around

two sub games where he turned it in our favour

can kick miracle goals from the boundary

looks like wolverine

has got zest

yes i'm making zest a thing

If Jobe can fix up his kicking and endurance, imagine what travis could do, has got serious pace.

Lets not forget hes only played 30 odd games (a lot as sub too) and it took someone like Melksham 60+ games before he really started to come on. 
Plus as a midfielder at his size he was always going to find it tough making the transition to AFL footy

two sub games where he turned it in our favour

can kick miracle goals from the boundary

looks like wolverine

has got zest

yes i'm making zest a thing

If Jobe can fix up his kicking and endurance, imagine what travis could do, has got serious pace.

Reason enough right there.

FIRE UP

Gotta say, I'm like this new "zest" attribute a lot. Heaps better than fricking "X factor"

Colyer has improved his kicking and decision-making to acceptable standards, but his biggest issue is winning his own ball against quality teams.

He needs to address this issue.

Gotta say, I'm like this new "zest" attribute a lot. Heaps better than fricking "X factor"

Trav arrives

1313765501613.jpg

ZEST.

Nice word.