Former #32 Travis Colyer

GAWN

trade talk is about the wrong Travis.

(cloke)

This is the kind of guy who, if he goes I will be gutted.

The exact type of player we need and we have put 5 years into getting right.

We backed you all the way trav. Time to pay us back.

If he goes, I blame @paddyl90

Where is all this talk of Colyer wanting out coming from. Is there any basis or was it created from the wonderful world of blitz

I reckon it came from JOHN CARPENTER

Where is all this talk of Colyer wanting out coming from. Is there any basis or was it created from the wonderful world of blitz

Worse. Bigfooty. From a trusted member. I’m guessing a trusted member on bigfooty is about the Blitz equivalent of me.

Don’t read Bigfooty its ■■■■. They are all in fantasy land.

Say it out loud…

“A trusted source from big footy” then remember how you feel when an opposition supporter starts a sentence like this about their own club.

End thread

Came into work yesterday, out of the moonboot!

You don't resign half way through the year and then get to leave. It doesn't work that way and despite the AFLPA and parts of the AFL suggesting contracts mean nothing ...they do mean something ! AFL can't override the law of the land. If the EFC had any balls Paddy would still be there !

Righto …

So you don’t believe the club has folded before the AFL and Fairfax. Have a look Boot !

Separate issues.

There are conditions attached to your license to play in the AFL. And certain common law rights are signed away in some of those conditions. Your opinion is just not accurate. And if you did choose to go full retard, ignore the contracts you signed to play in the comp, then odds on, you no longer would be. It is nowhere near as simple as you like to imagine I’m afraid.

Ryder was contracted to. If Colyer really wants out, we’ll have the option of keeping an unhappy player or trading him. Given the SAGA, there would be a lot of pressure to trade.

“Colyer’s withering start to 2015 saw the line-breaking midfielder thrill with his pace and nose for goal before suffering a hot spot in his navicular bone.”

Withering?

Herald Sun reporting that Trav is open to a long term extension. Would be a big signing.

Herald Sun reporting that Trav is open to a long term extension. Would be a big signing.

Would be fantastic. For me he is 4th most important behind Hurley, Heppell and Hooker. I hope it happens.

Woo hoo

This would be big!!

I already consider Heppell signed. Cannot imagine him leaving.

So Hurley most important, than Colyer.

I hope they all come back.

Already posted it in the 1 down 11 to go thread but here it is:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/travis-colyer-could-be-next-of-essendons-banned-12-to-resign/news-story/a9ac2b675a68437233a9b92a5c89d806

Travis Colyer could be next of Essendon’s banned 12 to re-sign
35 minutes ago
JON RALPHHerald Sun

Dons show of solidarity

IN-DEMAND Essendon midfielder Travis Colyer is open to signing a contract extension in the latest show of faith in the Bombers.

Colyer has one more season on his current deal but like all of Essendon’s banned 12 players has the ability to leave the club this year.

Instead, Essendon has been made aware this week the 24-year-old is willing to move past the drugs fiasco and recommit on a long-term deal.

Colyer’s withering start to 2015 saw the line-breaking midfielder thrill with his pace and nose for goal before suffering a hot spot in his navicular bone.

Clubs casting their eyes over the Essendon 12 continue to inquire about Colyer.

But an early contract extension this year would ward off pursuers who believe they might obtain a player in his prime for free.

A group of players with less time left in their careers will spend the coming months considering their options — which include a fresh start.

Midfielder David Myers, 27 in June, is a free agent and yet to inform the club he is willing to re-sign for 2017.

Ben Howlett’s manager Jason Dover told the Herald Sun his client had been offered an extension after 20 games in 2015.

Howlett, 28 in October, is a free agent and is training with his banned teammates.

“They have made us an offer but we feel like it’s all too soon to be looking at that,’’ Dover said.

“We will let the dust settle and get some normality about the rest of the year and then decide from there.”

The Bombers were buoyed by the signing of tagger Heath Hocking last week, the first of their banned players to recommit.

Bombers chief executive Xavier Campbell said before Saturday’s rousing win he hoped players might have more idea on their intentions by July.

“Adrian Dodoro our list manager has had discussions with Heath’s management for a period of time and they felt that now was a good time to announce it, they felt confident in the direction we’re going in.,’’ he said.

“We need to get to that point with the other guys hopefully too but I don’t see that happening in the next four to eight weeks and to be honest I’m comfortable with that.

“I wouldn’t say there’s one priority over another, we want to get this group back and I think the strength is in numbers.”

Awsome news…Go Trav