Former #32 Travis Colyer

He was easily one of our best in that Sydney final

He can play. His run, and more so burst of speed, has sorely been missed this year imo

2 Likes

When he plays as a forward, his ability to use his speed to generate space and provide a hit up option is something that not a lot in out team have consistently given this season

I didn’t think his VFL game warranted a call-up just yet.

But he showed enough to give hope that he might be able to return to his best.

I was at the VFL game on the weekend, and based on that I would say in a perfect world he should have a few more weeks building fitness, but I wouldn’t be fussed with him in the team. He has sufficient fitness, seemed pretty clean and boy is that speed a weapon.

Was that his first game back? If so he needs a couple more in the magoos.

No, he’s played a few now (not sure how many).

1 Like

That’s his 2nd game.

Crowe said was played at 60% gametime in first, 80% on weekend and they will run him at full game volume or more over the bye round so he’d be cherry ripe for WC fitness wise.

Hopefully his touch/kicking is back also.

2 Likes

He defends with real pace and aggression. Need that. Lots of it.

I think Green’s game did!!

On the burst over 10m or so, I reckon he has Saad/Fanta speed.

1 Like

It went missing for the whole of 2017.

1 Like

I would pay medium money to see Travis ‘Manic’ Colyer vs Adam ‘Lebo Sonic’ Saad in a 100m dash.

Off with the rose coloured glasses son. You’re kidding yourself. He’s average at best.

Argh. I have been trying to forget that game. Lambs to the slaughter.

1 Like

Saad would win.
Over 30m though, it’s arguable.

WOB. Pls.

Pls do not mention that game ever again…

3 Likes

Colyer would smoke him

I want more guys sprinting 100m from 35m out from the opponent’s end to kick goals in RED TIME.

Three years on, with the game even more compressed, that’s more relevant than ever.

Cued up…

Also, Lumberjack Guy.

12 Likes

Only for modern times.

For example, our 1960s Premiership ruckman, Don McKenzie, was only an inch or two over 6’. So I am guessing that most of the players in most teams in those days and earlier were under 6’ tall.

Disturbing news. Would probably get an even longer suspension for that.

2 Likes