Former #38 -- Rhett Montgomerie

12 Likes

Nice set of dukes and good seize ……let’s hope he gets a chance

1 Like

This explains where Rhett’s rookie vacancy came from.

16 Likes

Welcome to the team, I hope you have a long and successful career in the red & black.

@aceman, what do you think of this pick? Can he defend? Can he play small, or is he only a 3rd tall defender?

Someone knew we were interested.

2 Likes

Brett Montgomery will never get welcomed to Essendon

1 Like

Big bodied midfielder that everyone wanted. Dodoro strikes with the last pick…192cm too. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hardingham 2.0

2 Likes

Is that question rhettorical?

7 Likes

I’ve seen very little evidence that he can play a lockdown role. He is a rebounding third man type but that’s not to say he can’t be given a different role

1 Like

How would you rate him generally? Happy we drafted him?

If he can translate this to the AFL we could have a player here

1 Like

In all honesty I’m not super excited. He is a good kid and has some good traits but I’m not 100% he can translate that form to the AFL. I think he will be backup only but if he can add a few more strings to his bow then perhaps he could end up as a decent role player

4 Likes

To be fair, sometimes that move from part time to full time training can make a large difference to performance.

2 Likes

Since we got him cheap it reminded me of this

1 Like

Kyle Hardingham mk2

I guess the Rhett-tension is over … or just begun

Wow EFC actually goes back to using the rookie draft to give a mature player a chance at the big time. Like a few before him, they can work out well. Pig Hibberd and Baggers were a couple of notable examples . Nic Martin, a PSSS rookie last year was a revalation.

3 Likes

Not a lot of hype for Rhett so far. Reckon he could play some games next year though.

2 Likes

No re-Rhetts

4 Likes