Former #39 Patrick Voss - false messiah

why wouldnt you keep him?

Heā€™s got a good tank and is aggressive, chuck him in the middle for a few games and see what he can do.

1 Like

He has more tricks than that.

Imagine Parish is kicking the ball inside 50, and its a poor kick, who is going to put their body on the line in a contest - Weideman lol, Jones lol, Cox are you serious. VOSS would either take the mark or create a spillage for Menzie to crumb, absorb the contact and then receive the handball from Menzie kick the snap goal and Strut back to CHF.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think Parish will be playing reserves. Menzie probably not either.

1 Like

This alone would make him stand out in our forward line

1 Like

So he fits our team rather nicely then. Should feel at home.

Still doesnā€™t one grab on the lead

Delist

1 Like

I hope its not the end,

Good to see him celebrating with his Turvey park mates who won the flag.

3 Likes

If heā€™s good on the lead, thats all that matters for me. We have none. He can play up the ground as a high leading forward and take marks in the middle of the ground. We havenā€™t had anyone do that since Lloyd. Jones has done a couple, but heā€™s not the answer. A good leading forward taking marks in the middle to relieve the pressure is invaluable to us

1 Like

Poor year for the VFL side but surely there is room on our list to develop a VFL B&F winner. He may not be the finished article but is obviously doing something right?

3 Likes

Is that where he hails from? Had a few weekends watching my son play for Leeton in the Riverina league.

yep

Isnā€™t it part of Sydneyā€™s poaching area or whatever itā€™s called? They werenā€™t interested?

He was a GWS Academy player

3 Likes

Just saw it on your previous post. Too busy one finger typing and not paying attention.:smile:

I believe Vossy is the CHB we are looking for, tough, physical, good in the air. Strike fear into opponents, forget being a forward (for now), the future is down back. Weā€™ll bring you back forward ala Hooker, Lynch, later in his career

2 Likes

He had a tough year then!!

I meant a few years ago. Take it they didnā€™t do to well this seasonšŸ˜ƒ