Former #39 Patrick Voss - false messiah

Write him off nowā€¦

Is there context to these posts?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the thing that is so confusing, he was picked as an Emergency 4 times iirc, he was in the mix and should have been given a game.
Just like the coaches before him,Brad hits the panic button and plays an unfit Stringer ahead of him, ā– ā– ā– ā–  poor decision making by Brad which heā€™s making a habit of.

13 Likes

Letā€™s be honest he must be a complete numb nuts to not get a game this year, or a new 1 year contract in a team devoid of competitiveness and big forwards.

2 Likes

Our tall forward stocks are no better than 12 months ago, and no guarantees jones will get his body right so i can only imagine voss and hunter are on hold because weā€™re looking for upgrades on them via trade or the draft

Will we find better players than Voss & Hunter in the Rookie draft though?

Theyre both on the rookie list, so we canā€™t just replace them with a trade or in the ND.

Voss maybe not, Hunter, well if they can get on the park potentially better.

I thought they would ahve offered Hunter a deal already, sort of understand making Voss sweat if they think it will help his application off field.

Voss is desperate to debut. Scott making it very tough for him.

Agree with others, Voss will bring plenty of the intent that we lack game day. and bring players with him, ala draper. get excitement out there.

Hunter, well hes just a more classy player, hard to say too much about his personality though. 1 quiet game and 1 exciting game then injured.

Weideman the dissapointing one, as other said during last years draft, given no bid for Davey, could have picked up a semi rated forward/ruck in Isaac Keeler, wonder how he has done with the Saints this year, looked like a young Paddy Ryder type .

we were kind of expecting Davey to be bid on before 37 though.

1 Like

Mihocek is a great example of what Voss could become.

Same height and size. Similar capabilities.

Both hard workers.

12 Likes

Mihocekā€™s marking is far better.

4 Likes

The key words are, something Voss could become. He is obviously far from the finished article, while Brodie is unfashionable he just gets the job done. If Voss does follow the same path and trajectory as young Mihocek, then we will be well satisfied.

10 Likes

Wellā€¦ā€¦ā€¦Except that he double grabs most marks, doesnā€™t know where to run or have the tank and is nowhere near as agile

Heā€™s aggressive though!

Mihocek is just an honest battler. He canā€™t take a contested mark to save himself and doesnā€™t take many inside 50 at all.
So comparison to Voss - the player he may become - are fair.
Mihocek kicked 47 goals but so could most key forwards if fed by Daicos x 2, Pendles, De Goey etc coupled with Pies ball movement

4 Likes

Think youā€™re underrating Mihocek here. Displays a lot of craft, he kicks goals, keeps his direct opponent accountable, does plenty of heavy lifting that makes his teammates, particularly the other forwards, look much better.

I think heā€™d be one of the first selected in a premiership side.

16 Likes

hes so much more than an honestly battler, a huge reason collingwoods forwardline is semi functional.

if they had a legit KPF, weā€™d be saying this is the start of a dynasty.

5 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s fair.
Heā€™s the quintessential role player.

4 Likes

Yes youā€™re spot on

1 Like

I thought it was a bit interesting that in the interview with Patty Vossā€™ manager the other day (David Trotter?) - he openly conceded Voss had to improve on his forward craft.

I would think there has been some direct feedback from the club on what he needs to develop if his player manager drops that into a public interview- it seemed fairly unguarded/candid to me.

1 Like

Voss posted an Instagram story saying ā€œThank You Donsā€ - Donā€™t tell meā€¦

Interestingā€¦

5 Likes