Former #40 Will “Snello” Snelling

Precisely!

And he’s doing it in a better competition in a way, way worse side.

This is a good, speculative pick up with an eye to the longer term, IMO.

7 Likes

Average 35 disposals and 13.5 tackles over his last 4 games.

That would be enough for Blitz to want Myers back in the side.

1 Like

imgur

7 Likes

Can he kick straight, can he kick goals, can he win his own ball? Bring him in now.

2 Likes

Well lot of good that will do…

Get him in now

2 Likes

That profile sounds like the most Essendon-y pick of all time. Just needed a comment about spending time at half back and it would have won Essendon draftee bingo.

Mingma the Merciless.

8 Likes

I see him as a bit of a Colyer replacement, but he is also a tackling machine like Smith.

Excited to see what he can bring in the VFL this week.

1 Like

I don’t think he was selected. Was he?

We tried to lock him up before the mid season draft and was denied by the afl.

Very strange especially as we passed on our last pick

Perhaps you they decided the $50k was too much, when you factor in the Woosha payout.
Or perhaps they thought Snelling offered similar & didn’t want another light weight midget on the list despite being a real wizard with ball in hand.

The thing I am seeking clarity on is we were rejected from listing him under our academy for the mid season draft but does this apply to the upcoming national and rookie draft at year’s end?

yeah, we were running low on fumbly list plodders :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone above posted that we had to pass on the 2nd pick to keep McNeice available for senior selection as he is cat b.

1 Like

I already gave at the office… :wink:

1 Like

His name reminded me of this (well any excuse to watch it again will do).

2 Likes

Mingya means groin in Italian so his nickname surely has to be Balls

Google Translate disagrees

I believe you may be thinking of ‘minchia’ (pronounced ‘mink-ya’), which roughly translates to ‘■■■■!’. We’re not really going to call him that, are we??

1 Like

I was putting the scilian slang on it. I reserve the right to hold off, unless he puts in a shocker first up