Four Vic Police killed by a truck on the Eastern Freeway

Ashton this morning said the Porsche was doing 140.

1 Like

I think this was implied, it has to be >40 over the limit to get impounded

Itā€™s interesting as well that the truck driver had a medical episode afterwards, but it seems not during (or they would have mentioned it possibly). I wonder what on earth has happened?

Shock-induced heart attacks are not unknown.

But who really knows.

No I more meant - what has happened to cause the incident? If he didnā€™t lose control of the truck because of a medical episode why on earth was he barrelling down the service lane? Ashton said this morning that the truck entered the service lane, travelled for a distance and then hit the car head on

Car has been linked back to ā€œSrecko Lorbekā€ owner of Lorbek Luxury Cars

https://www.lorbek.com.au

Probably stolen from the dealership

Yeah the photos were uploaded - went into the office to get my flu vaccination today and a colleague called me over to show me something online.

Could have done without seeing those pics. And wouldnā€™t have looked had I known what they were.

I hope theyā€™re removed. Wouldnā€™t want the family to see those.

woke up to some group chats having them in there.

couldā€™ve passed on that personally.

2 Likes

It is believed the driver, who was previously known to police, forged the Lorbek number plates, and has been captured on dash cams speeding around Melbourne and clocking up fines for at least the past month.

1 Like

Was the truck avoiding a car in front that had slowed to 40km/h when passing the police vehicle?

The amount of distance would be critical. Itā€™s possible the driverā€™s come up to the area and didnā€™t slow down fast enough and swerved into the emergency lane to avoid hitting other vehicles. Although along that stretch you should be able to see for a good distance. Setting sun affected vision perhaps?

As for the human filth who took pics before shooting through to upload them, well, hopefully he gets all thatā€™s coming to him and more.

1 Like

How sick is this.?
Someone tweets expressing disgust that the driver put up the photos. Same tweeter attached one of his photos to the tweet.
Ashton is asking that all of the driverā€™s photos be deleted on social media,

Nah, not true. Itā€™s a Qld rego, Lorbek are Victorian. They have stated itā€™s nothing to do with them.

(The logic behind this theory was that the rego on the car is the same as Lorbek use in the photos of their cars for sale.)

Was inbound around 4:50pm, so plausible.

1 Like

5.40 pm.?

1 Like

This is a pretty tragic event, I must say.

1 Like

Correction; they were there fifty minutes before being hit. Stop at 4:50, hit at 5:40.

1 Like

In my time with in the CFA the most vulnerable I felt was working beside the freeway. Iā€™m sure you can imagine the other hazards firefighting operations involve and I rate freeway drivers as the biggest threat to life.

Thereā€™s a stubborn resistance to slowing down on the freeway. Doesnā€™t matter what emergency personnel are doing, people fall into a strange auto pilot herd mentality and simply donā€™t react as they would on any other road.

Once spent 3-4 minutes in the emergency lane trying to merge onto a freeway in a truck with lights and sirens going, not a single car slowed down or changed lanes to let us in.

10 Likes

And when drivers go into the emergency lane to bypass traffic in other lanes.

1 Like

The driver of a black Porsche involved in the horrific Eastern Freeway crash that killed four police officers has been identified by multiple police sources as mortgage broker Richard Pusey.

The Age has confirmed that Mr Pusey is the 41-year-old driver who is in police custody being questioned after allegedly leaving the scene of the crash on Wednesday night.

Police allege Mr Pusey took photos of the scene before leaving on foot and then sharing the graphic images with friends.

It is alleged Mr Pusey was speeding at around 140km/h when he was pulled over. A fluid test was conducted, allegedly returning a positive result for drugs.

Dashcam footage has also surfaced of a black Porsche with the same number plates allegedly speeding on the Eastern Freeway on March 21.