Free Agency - who will we pickup

Free Agency Changes have effectively given us the following players. and we have lost a couple

In                                     Out

2012 - Brendon Goddard                    Angus Monfries

2013 - Paul Chapman                        Stewart Crameri (Yes I know was a trade)

Who will we pickup. Following players become free agents this year

Bryce Gibbs and Andrew Walker, Dane Swan, David Mundy, James Frawley, Todd Goldstein, Shannon Hurn Shaun Higgins and Will Minson

Plus all the old blokes Stevie J James Kelly

Or do we just keep current list together?

And with good reason, too. Is an injury prone squib these days.

Zac Smith is out of favor @ gold coast I think.

Only Mundy and Stevie J is who I would be interested in out of that lot.

Also we traded for Chapman so we didn't really get him via free agency.

I think we should enquire about Bryce Gibbs, and offer him $200K. He'd be expecting $500K plus so it'd be a nice insult.

And as other clubs get in the bidding, keep offering less.

heard KB this morning mention something about Fyfe and Hawthorn connection next year

no freaking way would freo let that happen. surely not. 

I’ll lose it if Hawks get Fyfe…

If Essendon don’t go hard at it for Fyfe, then dont participate in trade week… I understand the need to develop from within, but Watson and Goddard aren’t getting younger

heard KB this morning mention something about Fyfe and Hawthorn connection next year

He's not a free agent so not sure why this is relevant to this discussion

Based on tonights performance, I wouldn’t be paying Gibbs a red hot cent to play football.

What a pea heart.

Do we have cap space to get another highly paid Free Agent ?

You would think our only hope would be someone like Sylvia/Dal Santo who are from clubs who have no chance of success, and they want some. Won’t have the salary cap for the bigger names. So from that list probably only Higgins fits the criteria and someone we need. If he wanted success more than dollars, he might be tempted.
Of course, given his injury history he would be a gamble.

Small forward: Check

Talented, but never hit heights consistently: Check

Can't stand up without doing a hammy: Check

Higgins it is. 

We would have some space but nothing like Hawthorn who had made room for $1m in their cap last year for Buddy and since losing him have front ended several contracts.  The mail is that Fyffe will be asking up to $1.1M from Freo.  Hawthorn could pay that within their salary cap.  I suspect that they wouldn't entertain that amount for Fyfe or anyone else now.

Perhaps Sydney can again find space :)

We would have some space but nothing like Hawthorn who had made room for $1m in their cap last year for Buddy and since losing him have front ended several contracts.  The mail is that Fyffe will be asking up to $1.1M from Freo.  Hawthorn could pay that within their salary cap.  I suspect that they wouldn't entertain that amount for Fyfe or anyone else now.

Perhaps Sydney can again find space :)

now that would be seriously hilarious if sydney outbid hawthorn. oh how i would laugh. 

slightly out of left field but i would seriously consider having a go at frawley. Fletch simply can't play for ever, i don't see pears regaining his ability to play as a key defender particularly considering these days key forwards are generally closer to 200cm than they 193cm. if fletch was to retire next year (god forbid) we would likely be forced to move carlisle back again which leaves us short up front. 

Frawley is actually that much taller than pears but i think he is a more capable KPD. Unfortunately i think hawthorn will be able to offer him more coin.

I think we should enquire about Bryce Gibbs, and offer him $200K. He'd be expecting $500K plus so it'd be a nice insult.

I think you're playing with fire here....what if he accepted :o

I would also think Higgins be worth going for, but need proof his fitness is there.

There'll be lots of links to the Hawks this time around, everyone assumes they have a hole in their salary cap with Buddy's departure.

I need to see more of us this year, to see if we have any areas of deficiency. I can’t imagine we have a lot of room to bring in another top player. But maybe target a player to solve certain deficit.

I think you're playing with fire here....what if he accepted :o

THen renege and offer him $100K, then $50K.

I'm following Cary Grant in North By Northwest