Free Agency - who will we pickup

slightly out of left field but i would seriously consider having a go at frawley. Fletch simply can't play for ever, i don't see pears regaining his ability to play as a key defender particularly considering these days key forwards are generally closer to 200cm than they 193cm. if fletch was to retire next year (god forbid) we would likely be forced to move carlisle back again which leaves us short up front. 

Frawley is actually that much taller than pears but i think he is a more capable KPD. Unfortunately i think hawthorn will be able to offer him more coin.

We'd still have Hooker, Hurley, Pears?

slightly out of left field but i would seriously consider having a go at frawley. Fletch simply can't play for ever, i don't see pears regaining his ability to play as a key defender particularly considering these days key forwards are generally closer to 200cm than they 193cm. if fletch was to retire next year (god forbid) we would likely be forced to move carlisle back again which leaves us short up front. 

Frawley is actually that much taller than pears but i think he is a more capable KPD. Unfortunately i think hawthorn will be able to offer him more coin.

as i suggested in my post, i've lost faith in pears and i think you need 3 genuine key talls (the hawks obviously providing an interesting counterpoint to my preferred structure). maybe saladin can pipe up and turn me around.

as i suggested in my post, i've lost faith in pears and i think you need 3 genuine key talls (the hawks obviously providing an interesting counterpoint to my preferred structure). maybe saladin can pipe up and turn me around.

We could always get a forward for when Fletch retires as we already have a gun key back to replace him in Carlisle

Mundy is an elite midfielder. If our time is now, and it looks as if this year and the next two are the window of where we must strike before the likes of Watson and Goddard get older, then he would be a very good pick-up. I don’t know that we’d have the cap space, but if we did, Watson, Goddard, Heppell, Zaharakis, Mundy looks close to the best midfield starting 5 in the comp.

Yeah I would say that cap space would be the only issue.

Personally I would be trying to save every penny we had and throw every bit that we have at Dangerfield. He would take us to the next level and make us a huge force for years to come.

I would think our cap would be getting tightish

I don’t think going after a biggish midfielder would make any sense. Mundy’s a gun but there’d be 8 other Freo players who’d make more sense.

I like the boy Macrae from Footscray.

One of the reasons is he's so unlike a Footscray player.

Went to Carey Grammar, and played junior footy at Kew Rovers, which is where all the Xavier kids play footy.

Plus it would be nice to pick off one of Footscray's high draft picks for pinching Crameri off us last year.

Would be out of contract, as this is his second year, so if we can get someone in his ear early, like they did to Crameri, you never know.

And I don't know how this would ever work, but I heard Jaeger O'Meara's manager wants him to move to Melbourne, because of the off-field opportunities he would receive.

Wants him to be the face of footy's next generation, and can't see it happening on the Gold Coast.

Lindsay Thomas …just the type of little goal kicking C*** we need .

Lindsay Thomas ...just the type of little goal kicking C*** we need .

Walks like Buddy Franklin. Do not want.

Lindsay Thomas ...just the type of little goal kicking C*** we need .

He's not really a crumber.

Went to Carey Grammar, and played junior footy at Kew Rovers, which is where all the Xavier kids play footy.

Plus it would be nice to pick off one of Footscray's high draft picks for pinching Crameri off us last year.

Would be out of contract, as this is his second year, so if we can get someone in his ear early, like they did to Crameri, you never know.

And I don't know how this would ever work, but I heard Jaeger O'Meara's manager wants him to move to Melbourne, because of the off-field opportunities he would receive.

Wants him to be the face of footy's next generation, and can't see it happening on the Gold Coast.

Sticky note this post.  Hawthorn helped build a premiership side on the back of poaching from weaker clubs & with our draft sanctions we need to get far more professional at the trade table than we've been.  We've had sides target our players the last 2 years so hopefully we've at least seen how its done.

BTW - Chappy wasn't a free agent - we traded for him.

Sticky note this post.  Hawthorn helped build a premiership side on the back of poaching from weaker clubs & with our draft sanctions we need to get far more professional at the trade table than we've been.  We've had sides target our players the last 2 years so hopefully we've at least seen how its done.

BTW - Chappy wasn't a free agent - we traded for him.

In reality we got him as a Free agent though.  Geelong were just nice on the last day of trading and gave their old blokes away for token picks just so that they could get to their new destinations sooner.

[b]Would be out of contract[/b], as this is his second year, so if we can get someone in his ear early, like they did to Crameri, you never know.

Sorry Mero, most clubs aren't in the habit of letting good young kids get even close to their draftee contract expiring without re-signing them. He signed a 2 year extension to his existing contract at the end of last season - so he's not out of contract until 2016.

I like the looks of that Port Adelaide boy, Chad Wingard. Not sure if Port know what they're onto with him.

That Tom Boyd is going to be worth asking the question if he keeps not playing seniors at the GWS.

Also, there is a little known player by the name of Jack Darling playing third tall for West Coast. He's similar to our Patrick Ambrose and would be good depth if  Ambrose gets injured or  his form tapers off.

Bryce Gibbs anyone?

Bryce Gibbs anyone?

I'm hoping Carlton re-sign him. Maybe for five years.

Bryce Gibbs anyone?

...anyone...anyone...anyone...anyone...

I think we should enquire about Bryce Gibbs, and offer him $200K. He'd be expecting $500K plus so it'd be a nice insult.

And as other clubs get in the bidding, keep offering less.

$120K per year is our final offer Bryce.

"Seriosuly?"

$95K now, clocks ticking...........

I think we should enquire about Bryce Gibbs, and offer him $200K. He'd be expecting $500K plus so it'd be a nice insult.

And as other clubs get in the bidding, keep offering less.

$120K per year is our final offer Bryce.

"Seriosuly?"

$95K now, clocks ticking...........

I'd do it more like this. Hey gibbs, here's your contract, sign here.

[spoiler]joker-s-pencil-trick-o.gif[/spoiler]