Free Agency - who will we pickup

They're not going to let their early picks out though.We should be looking at decent 2nd string kids from GWS.
Not sure if they've got a tall kid on the fringe, but they're not going to get much of a crack.

So your telling me we need to find a Gumby? Haha but seriously does anyone fit that description.
Is there any mature forwards who could make and impact at AFL level playing in the state comps

Tomlinson from GWS needs to be a strong consideration. Hell knows what they'd be asking for though

Need a KPF. Don't care if it's in the draft, trade period or free agency.

Someone who can come in and have an immediate impact more importantly and has a mature frame.
Shane Kersten from Geelong could be an option for on the cheap.
I don't think he will come that cheap. Geelong mates reckon he is rated pretty highly.
And he's not really a KPF. Only 190cm.
Would trade our compensation first rounder and a 'steak knives' for Patton.

ahahaha. lol. aahahahahahhahahaha. ahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahah.lol.

Tim Membrey is definitely worth thinking about. Was a star junior, a third round pick just a couple of years ago. More of a Crameri type than a Daniher type (which is what we need imo) in terms of size and skill set. Since being drafted though Sydney has picked up Tippett and Franklin and he can't crack their lineup.

The other (slightly less realistic but still worth a mention) one would be to poach Jake Stringer from the dogs.

They're not going to let their early picks out though.We should be looking at decent 2nd string kids from GWS.
Not sure if they've got a tall kid on the fringe, but they're not going to get much of a crack.

So your telling me we need to find a Gumby? Haha but seriously does anyone fit that description.
Is there any mature forwards who could make and impact at AFL level playing in the state comps

Tomlinson from GWS needs to be a strong consideration. Hell knows what they'd be asking for though

I'm sure he's gettable with GWS committing to their big three.

There'd be a lot of competition though.

I'm sure he's gettable with GWS committing to their big three.
There'd be a lot of competition though.

Yep, we'd need to give up something significant and it then comes back to what would GWS want. Given that he went top ten they'd be looking for an equivalent or an experienced player. Where are they most in need? Ruck, Key backs I'd think.

Tim Membrey is definitely worth thinking about. Was a star junior, a third round pick just a couple of years ago. More of a Crameri type than a Daniher type (which is what we need imo) in terms of size and skill set. Since being drafted though Sydney has picked up Tippett and Franklin and he can't crack their lineup.

188cm.

The thing with Tomlinson is that first of all he was a top ten pick and second of all has the ability to play at either end of the ground so there might still be a spot for him at GWS albeit down back.

One who I would be looking at also is Spencer White from St.Kilda, a player in the Lance Franklin mould who is an athletic freak but not necessarily a big contested marking type forward in the shape of a Cloke.

Can’t crack a game at St.Kilda despite their forward woes so could be one to look at.

The thing with Tomlinson is that first of all he was a top ten pick and second of all has the ability to play at either end of the ground so there might still be a spot for him at GWS albeit down back.
One who I would be looking at also is Spencer White from St.Kilda, a player in the Lance Franklin mould who is an athletic freak but not necessarily a big contested marking type forward in the shape of a Cloke.
Can't crack a game at St.Kilda despite their forward woes so could be one to look at.

Isn't this White's first season though? Still developing.
Tomlinson is a beast. Only 193cm but is huge for his age already. An advantage that he can play back, if need to be.
GWS already have enough tall backs in Davis, Plowman, Jaeksch, Corr, Buntine and Mohr.

188cm.

Are you agreeing with me or does your informative post imply we need yet another 200cm giant in our forward line? Because it's really working with the 3 or 4 that we play every week....

Can't crack a game at St.Kilda despite their forward woes so could be one to look at.

That would assume that the Saints are comfortable with their big man stocks..... Once Riewoldt retires the are in serious strife. White isn't one they'd consider trading out

Mundy and Hurn.

The other (slightly less realistic but still worth a mention) one would be to poach Jake Stringer from the dogs.

Was going to mention Membrey. Might be onto something here...

That would assume that the Saints are comfortable with their big man stocks..... Once Riewoldt retires the are in serious strife. White isn't one they'd consider trading out

Spencer White was the kid they picked up with the Goddard compo pick

Still hasn't cracked a game, could be an option, just spitballing.

Mundy and Hurn.

I like Mundy but the more I think about it the less I think we need him.
He is just another clearance mid, we need speed in our midfield and not another plodder.
Better off throwing everything we have left in the cap at Dangerfield next year.

I would have thought Liam McBean should be the player to target after the GWS kids, considering they've already got Riewoldt, Vickery and Griffiths in the seniors and recruited Hampson to fwd/ruck.

I would have thought Liam McBean should be the player to target after the GWS kids, considering they've already got Riewoldt, Vickery and Griffiths in the seniors and recruited Hampson to fwd/ruck.

Mundy and Hurn.

I like Mundy but the more I think about it the less I think we need him.
He is just another clearance mid, we need speed in our midfield and not another plodder.
Better off throwing everything we have left in the cap at Dangerfield next year.

■■■■ all chance of getting Dangerfield.

He'll either stay over there or head home to Geelong.

Jacksch is the other one. Small forwards I’d take one of Hall or Crozier

Jacksch is the other one. Small forwards I'd take one of Hall or Crozier

Hall loves the GC