From the AFL's own website

MORE than 200 sports scientists and medicos have heard that players from nine AFL clubs have independently sourced supplements.

AFL medical officer Dr Peter Harcourt made the revelation to doctors, physiotherapists and sports scientists during Grand Final week.

He was quoting from an AFL survey - conducted following the release of the Australian Crime Commission's Drugs in Sport report - which also revealed that club documentation of player supplement use was "inadequate".

As a result, significant changes have been made to the AFL's anti-doping code.

The supplements survey also found that 12 clubs conducted programs with medium or high levels of supplement use and lacked "a single point of accountability".

And there was also an inappropriate definition of supplements and the selection process of support personnel was flawed.

In a year of controversy that saw Essendon jettisoned from the finals and its coach James Hird suspended for the club's supplements program, St Kilda forward Ahmed Saad also fell into the spotlight after he inadvertently consumed a substance registered on the AFL's Anti-Doping banned list.

Saad began a provisional suspension in August after failing a post-match drug test in July.

The new legislation establishes a catalogue of AFL Prohibited Treatments and AFL Controlled Treatments, with a comprehensive list to be completed before the start of the 2014 season.

The AFL will also consider prohibiting specific providers of treatments to ensure safe practice and protect the game from the influence of organised crime.

AFL integrity services manager Brett Clothier said the revised AFL Code will go "above and beyond the WADA code".

AFL Prohibited Treatments, in addition to the WADA list, cannot be used at any time and will include any treatment that is not TGA approved.

AFL Controlled Treatments can be used, but require written approval from a club doctor.

Clubs must also maintain secure storage of controlled substances and record any controlled treatments in an AFL register.

The new AFL Anti-Doping Code includes a no-needles policy, which means doctors may possess needles but can only inject players when it is necessary to treat a legitimate medical condition.

AFL chief medical officer Dr Peter Harcourt, who led the survey, said the year's events should be used as an "opportunity for the industry" to establish best medical practice and responsible club management.

The AFL is currently engaging clubs and other stakeholders on how the changes to the AFL Anti-Doping code will
work in practice.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-15/afl-no-needles-policy

All I can say is I hope the AFL treats the rest of these ■■■■■■ the same way they treated us. Farking disgraceful.

Why didn’t they publish this months ago. Pretty relevant for fairness and balance.

"Go above and beyond the WADA code."

I still haven't heard anything about infraction notices.

For Vlad to come out and say that 'we should have done more I regret that we didn't' is disgraceful and this twat should be handing in his pay check and getting somebody else to do the job if he cannot keep up!!!!!
It is high time the AFL got a woman in charge or at the very least, somebody who is not that focused on his own image that he trips up at every turn! Does anybody else remember him saying 'these offences did not occur in 2013, therefore they will be fine in terms of being docked 2013 points' ???
Amazing. I hope the 12 clubs are named and shame but...that ain't gonna happen. Stuff you Andrew Demetriou, the day you leave the AFL will be a day of joy.

is t.w.a.t a naughty word?
I hope we win the flag next year and Vlad can weep.

<span><span>Survey says 12 clubs pushed supplements use. And in august, 17 club presidents said Essendon had to be hung from closest tree. Hmmm</span></span>

Mark 'Robbo' Robinson tweeted this of all people.

This is seriously a disgrace the way this whole ACC,ASADA,AFL investigation has been handled. 

Should’ve called their bluff and gone to court, this survey would’ve meant the whole freakin charge sheet was just SOP for most clubs.

Disgrace.

Can we have our picks back now?

Or can the other 11 or 12 teams lose their first 2 rounds as well?

Can we have our picks back now?
Or can the other 11 or 12 teams lose their first 2 rounds as well?

I think that is a valid question that our board should be pursuing.

The AFL bastardry and the lack of support from the other 17 clubs done us over. Now it is clear why the other club presidents have all sided with the AFL. They are effing cowards and hypocrites.

#standbyhird

Is this being reported in either paper today?

Isn't Robbo's tweet enough? 

'Hmmmm.'

That pretty much covers it.  Nothing more to see.

I’m not shying away from EFC having their faults but we found ourselves thrown into a hurricane and suspect we were victims of higher agendas more so than unethical rule benders.

This saga will be used in educational case studies for journalism, sport, science, social science, law psychology and PR. And I see this being in a documentary in years to come with a very different story to what the public has been told to date.

'Hmmmm.'
That pretty much covers it. Nothing more to see.
Oh man. Don't let my mind walk back into conspiracy theory mode.

Are people surprised about this? I’m just surprised only 12 clubs were pushing this.

'Hmmmm.'

Yeah-nah, I'm not pushing conspiracy. 

I can't maintain the rage, so how on earth can I expect Robbo to, let alone those who have nothing to gain from going into this issue again because of massive previous calls.

Everyone's tired.

No-one's surprised.

The AFL bastardry and the lack of support from the other 17 clubs done us over. Now it is clear why the other club presidents have all sided with the AFL. They are effing cowards and hypocrites.
#standbyhird

That was patently evident even before this report came out.

'Hmmmm.'
Yeah-nah, I'm not pushing conspiracy. 
I can't maintain the rage, so how on earth can I expect Robbo to, let alone those who have nothing to gain from going into this issue again because of massive previous calls.

Everyone's tired.
No-one's surprised.

People lik Robbo are not expected to maintain the rage. They are expected to do their job. But it seems that is far too much to ask on this issue.

You would think news like this would be a major concern for the AFL. That it would trigger a  MAJOR press conference announcing some serious investigations into what supplements were taken, how they were administered, if the players knew what they took etc.

Surely this would be the response.

And surely if you are one of the clubs who did not breach then you would want to know what advantages the 12 had gotten. You would be asking for a full disclosure. Asking  for penalties ($$ and draft picks), since why should they have gained unfair advantages over your club for poor governance. 

Surely this would be the response. 

I'm still trying to figure out why such a damaging article is on the AFaiL website. Not everyone happy with Vlad in Vladistan.