From the AFL's own website

Geez, there's not much that can be done about the draft penalties or finals, but if I were Little I'd be seriously tempted to tell the AFL we refuse to pay the $2.5m

There is no suggestion of any wrong doing in that article. Players are within their rights to independently source supplements, and clubs are within their rights to administer supplements to players as long as they are WADA compliant.

Correct me if I am wrong, but after all the fall out weren’t we still WADA complaint? I thought we got whacked with the big stick because we ‘brought the game into disrepute’.

EFC still flapping in the wind while the ASADA interim report moves to finalisation.

"The supplements survey also found that 12 clubs conducted programs with medium or high levels of supplement use and lacked "a single point of accountability"."

We got punished because we couldn't say with absolute fact that our players didn't take PEDs because of a lack of accountability which was poor governance, how can those other 12 clubs say with absolute fact their players didn't take PEDs when there was "not a single point of accountability"?

I'm furious

Not to mention inadequate documentation of what the players took

darkest day in sport.

Round 10, 1996, Essendon vs St Kilda  at Waverley Park, half way through the third quarter when the lights went out.

Not entirely true, Malcolm Blight had a torch and I think a few fans made a fire out of the behind post.

Pretty sure my cousin started a fire that night.

There is no suggestion of any wrong doing in that article. Players are within their rights to independently source supplements, and clubs are within their rights to administer supplements to players as long as they are WADA compliant.

Correct me if I am wrong, but after all the fall out weren't we still WADA complaint? I thought we got whacked with the big stick because we 'brought the game into disrepute'.

It could not be determined whether or not we were WADA compliant. We got wacked with the big stick because of a duty of care breach.

No surprises here. 

The AFL and the media have washed their hands of this. They got their scapegoat, and in a blaze of publicity. It queers the pitch if now it comes out that actually Essendon were only one of a dozen clubs with inadequate governance. It plays against the narrative they've been feeding us. The gospel as preached by the sanctimonious twats out there is weakened if this is found to be a widespread issue of carelessness, rather than the sinful actions of one very naughty club.

Brush this under the carpet. This is old news, so the media say. That's why it comes out surreptitiously in the off season. Imagine the difference it might have made had this report been published in August or before? 

Anyone who believes in justice or fair-play is kidding themselves. This wasn't about the supplements. They became an excuse for Vlad to burn someone at the altar. To show his true and noble intent - look we won't tolerate drug cheats; to appease ASADA, and to feed the media rats a tasty victim. All show, but that's what the punters pay for.

Correct me if I am wrong, but after all the fall out weren't we still WADA complaint? I thought we got whacked with the big stick because we 'brought the game into disrepute'.

It could not be determined whether or not we were WADA compliant. We got wacked with the big stick because of a duty of care breach.

Which is pretty much what they are saying other clubs had a problem with as well, ie. not keeping sufficient records, etc. 

Geez, there's not much that can be done about the draft penalties or finals, but if I were Little I'd be seriously tempted to tell the AFL we refuse to pay the $2.5m

Who?

Little .............WHO?

Where is he?

Whats he doing about this?

Are we gunna hear a lot more empty threats again?

Make a noise. Beat his chest?

And then........................?????

Sweet ■■■■■ Adams.

AGAIN.

Being walked over AGAIN.

Which is pretty much what they are saying other clubs had a problem with as well, ie. not keeping sufficient records, etc. 

Isn't there are a leap in logic to say that inadquate record keeping practices mean that a club doesn't know what supplements are being administered?

The only thing surprising about this revelation is that people are surprised.

I am surprised they published it, and on the AFL site of all places. It is akin to a bully (which happens to be a teacher) in the school yard saying sucked in, you got caught but we didn't.

Isn't there are a leap in logic to say that inadquate record keeping practices mean that a club doesn't know what supplements are being administered?

Wouldn't this require an SALADA investigation. If the record keeping was inadequate, how can we know what was taken?

The head of the AFL's integrity unit.....

officer_barbrady_move_along_sm.jpg

Who?

Little .............WHO?

Where is he?

Sweet ■■■■■ Adams.

AGAIN.

Being walked over AGAIN.

Can't say I disagree

Guilty unless proven innocent? Surely you're still WADA complaint unless proven otherwise. The whole duty of care breach you mention is just another way of saying "brought the game into disrepute", which lets face it, is a fluffy, vague blanket rule they keep in the back pocket to punish those they can't get with other more definable rules.

As others have said before me, it screams of hypocrisy and double standards.

I thought it was also that some of these players, if not most, were sourcing supplements themselves. Ipso facto, that means the clubs can't guarantee what was being taken.

On the basis of this Report alone..............Chairman Little should be down at the Supreme Court this morning with an Injunction against the AFL asking for an immediate cease to AFL Trade Period, pending an appeal by EFC to the Commission for our Draft Picks to be reinstated.

Someone please wake him up............

Cynically, they don't need to cover it. Trade week has high rating football stories galore. Then it's spring carnival, then the draft, then cricket, then tennis then back to football. Don't be surprised if there's some "shocking new insights" from "journalists" in early February next year. That's when they need back page articles, not grand final week or the trade period.

Who?

Little .............WHO?

Where is he?

Sweet ■■■■■ Adams.

AGAIN.

Being walked over AGAIN.

Little is a litigators nightmare, he won't blink, he won't budge, he took down the unions, he destroyed governments, he once stood on a wasp bare foot then ate it.

On the basis of this Report alone..............Chairman Little should be down at the Supreme Court this morning with an Injunction against the AFL asking for an immediate cease to AFL Trade Period, pending an appeal by EFC to the Commission for our Draft Picks to be reinstated.

Someone please wake him up............

We can't, and Little can't.

We ACCEPTED the penalties.  They weren't imposed on us.  And I bet there was no 'and any other club found to have been slack with their record keeping will cop the same punishment of else EFC gets their draft picks back' clause.

As soon as we signed on to the penalty agreement, we lost any legal leverage we ever had.

It's too late.  Stop dreaming.

darkest day in sport.

Round 10, 1996, Essendon vs St Kilda  at Waverley Park, half way through the third quarter when the lights went out.

Not entirely true, Malcolm Blight had a torch and I think a few fans made a fire out of the behind post.

Pretty sure my cousin started a fire that night.

initials AS?