From the AFL's own website

There is no suggestion of any wrong doing in that article. Players are within their rights to independently source supplements, and clubs are within their rights to administer supplements to players as long as they are WADA compliant.

Except when doing so brings the game into disrepute, of course. 

All this does is confirm just how gutless we were in rolling over.

ESSENDON ACTED ALONE!

KB just casually says some clubs checks and balances have been inadequate, then skips over it like its nothing.
What the hell is going on? That's what we got punished for

Exactly. ■■■■■■■ hopeless. 

still recon vlad would have pulled the infractions card had we not.

cant get mad anymore. bemused takes less energy.

There is no suggestion of any wrong doing in that article. Players are within their rights to independently source supplements, and clubs are within their rights to administer supplements to players as long as they are WADA compliant.

To date all the evidence suggests that the supplements taken by Essendon players were WADA compliant.  But, having no systems and checks in place thereby creating the potential for illegal and/or harmful substances to be administered was worth being kicked out of the finals, a heavy fine, suspensions for key personnel and stripped of draft picks.

...which is what the survey suggests occurred at the other clubs.

still recon vlad would have pulled the infractions card had we not.

cant get mad anymore. bemused takes less energy.

Meh. 

AFL is corrupt, run by idiots, do what they want to get their way, couldn't care less about the fans, fat cats lining their own pockets, all that was never in doubt and was well and truly proven through this year. 

I thought we might take it to them, we chose the soft option.

So again I say, meh.

Don't be surprised if nothing further comes of this. The AFL got their scalp and we were the unfortunate bunnies to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

MORE than 200 sports scientists and medicos have heard that players from nine AFL clubs have independently sourced supplements.
AFL medical officer Dr Peter Harcourt made the revelation to doctors, physiotherapists and sports scientists during Grand Final week.
He was quoting from an AFL survey - conducted following the release of the Australian Crime Commission's Drugs in Sport report - which also revealed that club documentation of player supplement use was "inadequate".
As a result, significant changes have been made to the AFL's anti-doping code.

The supplements survey also found that 12 clubs conducted programs with medium or high levels of supplement use and lacked "a single point of accountability".

And there was also an inappropriate definition of supplements and the selection process of support personnel was flawed.

In a year of controversy that saw Essendon jettisoned from the finals and its coach James Hird suspended for the club's supplements program, St Kilda forward Ahmed Saad also fell into the spotlight after he inadvertently consumed a substance registered on the AFL's Anti-Doping banned list.
Saad began a provisional suspension in August after failing a post-match drug test in July.

The new legislation establishes a catalogue of AFL Prohibited Treatments and AFL Controlled Treatments, with a comprehensive list to be completed before the start of the 2014 season.

The AFL will also consider prohibiting specific providers of treatments to ensure safe practice and protect the game from the influence of organised crime.

AFL integrity services manager Brett Clothier said the revised AFL Code will go "above and beyond the WADA code".

AFL Prohibited Treatments, in addition to the WADA list, cannot be used at any time and will include any treatment that is not TGA approved.

AFL Controlled Treatments can be used, but require written approval from a club doctor.

Clubs must also maintain secure storage of controlled substances and record any controlled treatments in an AFL register.

The new AFL Anti-Doping Code includes a no-needles policy, which means doctors may possess needles but can only inject players when it is necessary to treat a legitimate medical condition.

AFL chief medical officer Dr Peter Harcourt, who led the survey, said the year's events should be used as an "opportunity for the industry" to establish best medical practice and responsible club management.

The AFL is currently engaging clubs and other stakeholders on how the changes to the AFL Anti-Doping code will
work in practice.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-15/afl-no-needles-policy

All I can say is I hope the AFL treats the rest of these ■■■■■■ the same way they treated us. Farking disgraceful.

No kidding. I don;t think anyone here would be overly surprised.

It's great to be made the public scapegoat. Pity all the president's of the other clubs were guttles when the AFL rallied them all together to unify their stance against EFC. Hope they all get a dose of karma.

Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun 1h

Sure it will be chased up. There are supplements and there are legal or WADA banned substances. Need to find out which they r

So when Evans said we had discovered issues with the governance of our supplements program and we wanted to check it all out and Hird said he was certain nothing illegal was taken Ralph jumped to conclusion and hounded the club and still goes on about possible infraction notices, but when other clubs don't report he thinks someone might 'chase it up'?
What a farking ■■■■.

Correct me if I am wrong, but after all the fall out weren't we still WADA complaint? I thought we got whacked with the big stick because we 'brought the game into disrepute'.

We wore the penalty for the 12 clubs. In the small mind of Our Dear Leader this issue has already been death with.

I’ll bet no self respecting footy gossip reporter will touch this, the full force of the Vladistan would be fought to bear on them. This is what dictators do.

It’s worth pointing out dictators get deposed, and this is what will happen to vlad.

It’s just a matter of time.

One question: what’s the afl governance oversight been like if this has occurred. Then again, no one is allowed to ask hard questions.

darkest day in sport.

Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun 1h

Sure it will be chased up. There are supplements and there are legal or WADA banned substances. Need to find out which they r

So when Evans said we had discovered issues with the governance of our supplements program and we wanted to check it all out and Hird said he was certain nothing illegal was taken Ralph jumped to conclusion and hounded the club and still goes on about possible infraction notices, but when other clubs don't report he thinks someone might 'chase it up'?
What a farking ■■■■.

If AIDS were in human form, Jon Ralph would be the virus that kills it.  ■■■■ of the highest order.

darkest day in sport.

Round 10, 1996, Essendon vs St Kilda  at Waverley Park, half way through the third quarter when the lights went out.

darkest day in sport.

Round 10, 1996, Essendon vs St Kilda  at Waverley Park, half way through the third quarter when the lights went out.

Not entirely true, Malcolm Blight had a torch and I think a few fans made a fire out of the behind post.

The only thing surprising about this revelation is that people are surprised.

We DEMAND our Coach & our Draft Picks back!

Bastards.

Demetriou  should resign TODAY!

darkest day in sport.

Not entirely true, Malcolm Blight had a torch and I think a few fans made a fire out of the behind post.

If it happened today, they could finish the game in the light shed by everyone's iPhones.