Fuck you essendon fc board

Like when you get into a smokers car and theres 4000000 air fresheners.

And Hungry Jacks wrappers on the floor.

I don't care if Kate and Paul used to be the king and queen of England. They either acted in an junderhanded manner to get elected on the board or refused to stand by their word when push came to shove.

or became enlightened on certain facts that only a Board can know.

Bullcrap. If you run for election on a specific platform - and that was we support James Hird as coach - forget any other stuff because that was what they were elected on - then their only position now is to stand down because they were not true to their word and what they represented.
To not hear from them since just shows that they didnt act on behalf of the people that elected them.

Seriously? Do you really expect them to come back to blitz so they can be abused over again? What if the vote was 7 - 2 or what if in fact it really was what James wanted? If you want to speak to them, get to the VFL game on Sunday. I hear they attend every week.

They should be speaking to us. We shouldnā€™t have to go find them. They were happy to speak to us when they wanted our votes. Now they are largely invisible from social media.

Paul was here a couple of days ago.

ā€˜Speaking to usā€™

And anyone who thought they stood on a ā€˜Hird should coach foreverā€™ platform is either dumb or ā€¦nope just dumb.

Yes. After I posted that.

Oh but theyā€™re nice people.

Spare me.

clean - cough cough - air is - cough cough - coming - cough cough - soon.

Donā€™t mention the Hird

And thatā€™s why we havenā€™t improved as a club since 2001. Moving fwd (even without this saga rubbish), we were going nowhere bar 2013 which coulda been.

We trust the board wayyy too much even after significant and obvious failures. They have never been made accountable for their fark-ups which they continue to do.

And that's why we haven't improved as a club since 2001. Moving fwd (even without this saga rubbish), we were going nowhere bar 2013 which coulda been.

We trust the board wayyy too much even after significant and obvious failures. They have never been made accountable for their fark-ups which they continue to do.

There also hasnā€™t been an adequate alternative put forward.
Until that time comes, weā€™ll be stuck with what weā€™ve got.

There are a lot of people on Blitz who think that because they shout down opposition on here, that theyā€™re the only voice to be heard and that all Bomber fans agree with them. Based on my experience talking to others, itā€™s not.

I donā€™t have anything against Paul and Katie. Iā€™m sure I would with guys like Gauci.

Youā€™ve got to accept that sometimes youā€™re in a position you canā€™t win from. Iā€™d have been all for keeping Hirdy but for the 4 hidings. That just meant things had spun out of control.

And I reckon Paul Littleā€™s done a good job in the poisoned chalice circumstances heā€™s been handed.

And PS if you know me, youā€™ll realise I donā€™t care if you disagree with me.

There are a lot of people on Blitz who think that because they shout down opposition on here, that they're the only voice to be heard and that all Bomber fans agree with them. Based on my experience talking to others, it's not.

I donā€™t have anything against Paul and Katie. Iā€™m sure I would with guys like Gauci.

Youā€™ve got to accept that sometimes youā€™re in a position you canā€™t win from. Iā€™d have been all for keeping Hirdy but for the 4 hidings. That just meant things had spun out of control.

And I reckon Paul Littleā€™s done a good job in the poisoned chalice circumstances heā€™s been handed.

If we get a couple of 10 goal loses next year do we move the new coach on?
Thats what we did to our last coach - and we just ignored the fact that this was a completely different team before the WADA appeal, and the whole starting midfield never played this year.

The Board didnt give James Hird that support, will the new coach be afforded it?

The clubs that did back each other when things got tough are now the ones playing finals
Bomber Thompson - Geelong
Clarkson - Hawthorn
Hardwick - Richmond

This board had the opportunity to stick with their coach, but ditched him as soon as they could.
If the board was representing their members then I think they missed the message
61,000 record membership based on James Hird as coach. Plenty of memberships were purchased when supporters knew the season was done. Thats a pretty clear message to the board, and especially to the 2 new board members that stood on a platform of supporting the current coach.

We need a ladder position vs memberships graph to illustrate priorities.

There are a lot of people on Blitz who think that because they shout down opposition on here, that they're the only voice to be heard and that all Bomber fans agree with them. Based on my experience talking to others, it's not.

If we get a couple of 10 goal loses next year do we move the new coach on?
Thats what we did to our last coach - and we just ignored the fact that this was a completely different team before the WADA appeal, and the whole starting midfield never played this year.

The Board didnt give James Hird that support, will the new coach be afforded it?

The clubs that did back each other when things got tough are now the ones playing finals
Bomber Thompson - Geelong
Clarkson - Hawthorn
Hardwick - Richmond

This board had the opportunity to stick with their coach, but ditched him as soon as they could.
If the board was representing their members then I think they missed the message
61,000 record membership based on James Hird as coach. Plenty of memberships were purchased when supporters knew the season was done. Thats a pretty clear message to the board, and especially to the 2 new board members that stood on a platform of supporting the current coach.

A couple of 10 goal losses would begin to raise eyebrows. Just like it did with James straight after the Geelong game. Except, there was resistance and excuses. WADA fatigue, etc.

Three or four totally pathetic performances where the players just give in once it becomes too hard should allow people to be critiqued. Just like it was with James straight after the St Kilda game and the Bulldogs game. Except, there was resistance and excuses. WADA fatigue, etc. Iā€™d add in the Crows game, but by then it was no point arguing as weā€™d accepted where we were.

Itā€™s not how much you lose by, but the effort put in during the loss. Halfway through the last quarter, we were within reach of winning the games against Gold Coast, Richmond and Collingwood. The players never gave up. In the other examples, we were lucky to still be in with a chance at quarter time. In half of the games this year, we were out of the game by sometime in the third quarter.

Competitive losses (like the Port or either of the North games) are acceptable. Non competitive losses just arenā€™t acceptable by any club unless you are Melbourne.

Kinda cute talking about wins and losses and margins.

Will you stand for the board Noons?

This

Heres some clear air for us

Essendon chairman Paul Littleā€™s failures are no small matter

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-paul-littles-failures-are-no-small-matter-20150909-gjizsm.html#ixzz3lI7x4NoN
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Five years ago, just hours before James Hird announced himself the new coach of Essendon, the Bombers were still working to complete the farcical series of interviews it had already set up with rival candidates.
Among the unfortunate bunnies was Port Adelaide premiership coach Mark Williams. Although the Bombers had already come to terms with Hird, Williams presented to the clubā€™s hierarchy with one executive reportedly nodding off during the interview.
Some two months later and following more subterfuge, the club, in a horrendous piece of stage mismanagement, put up their then football boss to announce Mark Thompson was joining the club as Hirdā€™s senior assistant.
No one else involved would front the media because of all the mistruths that had been told surrounding the appointment that had been set up months earlier.
Then, in the strife-torn weeks and months in late 2013 that followed Hirdā€™s one-year ban, chairman Paul Little put another panel in place to select a caretaker coach. That panel at one stage included former coachesā€™ association boss Danny Frawley and long-time former coach Terry Wallace.
By all reports the process began and North Melbourne assistant Leigh Tudor came tantalisingly close to being appointed until Little and his team changed their minds and put Thompson into the role, a move that saw interim CEO Ray Gunston quit the club despite being offered the chief executiveā€™s role on a permanent basis.
Then came the catastrophic events that sandwiched last yearā€™s best and fairest function, when Little attempted to remove Hird and sound out Thompson again.
And then comes the revelation this week that Little, his lieutenant Xavier Campbell, along with Jobe Watson and Dyson Heppell, flew in Littleā€™s jet to Adelaide to sound out John Worsfold.
The move broke a handshake agreement between all the coach-less clubs ā€” Essendon, Adelaide and, until recently, Carlton ā€” in that Essendon failed to notify the Crows, a club attempting to win a sudden-death final on Saturday, a club that lost its senior coach in July in the most tragic of circumstances.
Little has shown time and time again that he has no clue how to behave in difficult football situations. Both Adelaide and the AFL were reportedly disgusted by Essendonā€™s arrogant subterfuge. Littleā€™s behavioural failures have emerged as an Essendon characteristic all too prevalent in recent years ā€“ even if you take away the dangerous and potentially illegal drugs program overseen by Hird and others while the board and executive allegedly remained clueless.
Consider the practice match at Wangaratta in 2012 that the club failed to contest, the dreadful decision to use then Collingwood recruiter Noel Judkins at the end of 2013 in a bid to gain player information through unconventional means, the fine for its mishandling of potential draftees and Essendonā€™s ongoing unpopularity during trade weeks going back for a decade. No club has been more reviled than the Bombers at the trade table.
Should Worsfold remain in contention for the Essendon job ā€” and hopefully he is considering a return to coaching for the right reasons and not simply financial security ā€” why on earth would anyone else apply given the events of this week?
When the coaching panel was announced last week with much fanfare, the club almost immediately moved into damage control when questions were raised about Kevin Sheedyā€™s absence from that committee. On the back foot, the club announced its four-time premiership coach turned mascot would be a ā€œconsultantā€.
Clearly the process has been exposed as a sham, compromised by Littleā€™s midweek visit. Having subtly apologised over the so-called Sheedy gaffe last week a shamefaced Xavier Campbell reportedly told Crows chief Andrew Fagan early on Wednesday that he would have liked to have had his time over again regarding the clubā€™s decision to break protocol and approach Worsfold via the back door.
That expressed desire is one that could be applied to the countless botched decisions and misjudged moves executed by Essendon over the past five years.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-paul-littles-failures-are-no-small-matter-20150909-gjizsm.html#ixzz3lI7OV3xs

Lolz Couldnā€™t help herself ā€¦ Had to get it all out of her system while Little is still President

Wangaratta got a mention!! Its been too long, Caroline.

DAYS WITHOUT A WANGARATTA MENTION
188 0

Heres some clear air for us

Essendon chairman Paul Littleā€™s failures are no small matter

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-paul-littles-failures-are-no-small-matter-20150909-gjizsm.html#ixzz3lI7x4NoN

Five years ago, just hours before James Hird announced himself the new coach of Essendon, the Bombers were still working to complete the farcical series of interviews it had already set up with rival candidates.
Among the unfortunate bunnies was Port Adelaide premiership coach Mark Williams. Although the Bombers had already come to terms with Hird, Williams presented to the clubā€™s hierarchy with one executive reportedly nodding off during the interview.
Some two months later and following more subterfuge, the club, in a horrendous piece of stage mismanagement, put up their then football boss to announce Mark Thompson was joining the club as Hirdā€™s senior assistant.
No one else involved would front the media because of all the mistruths that had been told surrounding the appointment that had been set up months earlier.
Then, in the strife-torn weeks and months in late 2013 that followed Hirdā€™s one-year ban, chairman Paul Little put another panel in place to select a caretaker coach. That panel at one stage included former coachesā€™ association boss Danny Frawley and long-time former coach Terry Wallace.
By all reports the process began and North Melbourne assistant Leigh Tudor came tantalisingly close to being appointed until Little and his team changed their minds and put Thompson into the role, a move that saw interim CEO Ray Gunston quit the club despite being offered the chief executiveā€™s role on a permanent basis.
Then came the catastrophic events that sandwiched last yearā€™s best and fairest function, when Little attempted to remove Hird and sound out Thompson again.
And then comes the revelation this week that Little, his lieutenant Xavier Campbell, along with Jobe Watson and Dyson Heppell, flew in Littleā€™s jet to Adelaide to sound out John Worsfold.
The move broke a handshake agreement between all the coach-less clubs ā€” Essendon, Adelaide and, until recently, Carlton ā€” in that Essendon failed to notify the Crows, a club attempting to win a sudden-death final on Saturday, a club that lost its senior coach in July in the most tragic of circumstances.
Little has shown time and time again that he has no clue how to behave in difficult football situations. Both Adelaide and the AFL were reportedly disgusted by Essendonā€™s arrogant subterfuge. Littleā€™s behavioural failures have emerged as an Essendon characteristic all too prevalent in recent years ā€“ even if you take away the dangerous and potentially illegal drugs program overseen by Hird and others while the board and executive allegedly remained clueless.
Consider the practice match at Wangaratta in 2012 that the club failed to contest, the dreadful decision to use then Collingwood recruiter Noel Judkins at the end of 2013 in a bid to gain player information through unconventional means, the fine for its mishandling of potential draftees and Essendonā€™s ongoing unpopularity during trade weeks going back for a decade. No club has been more reviled than the Bombers at the trade table.
Should Worsfold remain in contention for the Essendon job ā€” and hopefully he is considering a return to coaching for the right reasons and not simply financial security ā€” why on earth would anyone else apply given the events of this week?
When the coaching panel was announced last week with much fanfare, the club almost immediately moved into damage control when questions were raised about Kevin Sheedyā€™s absence from that committee. On the back foot, the club announced its four-time premiership coach turned mascot would be a ā€œconsultantā€.
Clearly the process has been exposed as a sham, compromised by Littleā€™s midweek visit. Having subtly apologised over the so-called Sheedy gaffe last week a shamefaced Xavier Campbell reportedly told Crows chief Andrew Fagan early on Wednesday that he would have liked to have had his time over again regarding the clubā€™s decision to break protocol and approach Worsfold via the back door.
That expressed desire is one that could be applied to the countless botched decisions and misjudged moves executed by Essendon over the past five years.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-paul-littles-failures-are-no-small-matter-20150909-gjizsm.html#ixzz3lI7OV3xs

Love its now become a ā€œpotentially illegal drugs programā€. Also amused that the AFL are disgusted by the subterfuge. We did learn from the best!

Lolz Couldn't help herself ... Had to get it all out of her system while Little is still President

Sheā€™s got nothing else to write about! Dearth of good topics once saga goes.

So no clear air thenā€¦so can we try option 2: get rid of Little and reinstate Hird?

The game in ā– ā– ā– ā–  wouldnā€™t hadnā€™t gone ahead anyway. The ground was approximately 25% underwater, if memory serves.

Should have played it in Lavington.