Fuck you essendon fc board

I am so angry the board must go, mr little has put a knife through this club and destroyed friendships.

Just so you all know our wonderful leader told Bomber on the morning of the best and fairest that he would coach.

He has forced two legends of our club OUT.

I don’t know how to express the anger i feel
Good people gone and will not come back.

Utter crapp. Club board felt we couldn’t move ahead with Hird as coach so they asked him to do the right thing. Wouldn’t have mattered who the president was and as far as I’m concerned Little has acted in the best interests of the club. Happy for him to remain until the saga concludes.

Think you are dead wrong about that. Little bullied the Board into submission; he had Campbell make the first move on Hird, after he had the Board agreeing with him. One day the whole truth will come out !!

Wrong

The EFC board are made of prehistoric Egyptians who through Dank’s AOD have been able to survive many thousands of years undetected.*
Hird is Jewish. Egyptians hate Jews.

Am I doing it right?

sacking hird is a zionist conspiracy.

I wish someone would tell us what happened because no one believes what was said at thatpress conference.

I am so angry the board must go, mr little has put a knife through this club and destroyed friendships.

Just so you all know our wonderful leader told Bomber on the morning of the best and fairest that he would coach.

Utter crapp. Club board felt we couldn’t move ahead with Hird as coach so they asked him to do the right thing. Wouldn’t have mattered who the president was and as far as I’m concerned Little has acted in the best interests of the club. Happy for him to remain until the saga concludes.

Think you are dead wrong about that. Little bullied the Board into submission; he had Campbell make the first move on Hird, after he had the Board agreeing with him. One day the whole truth will come out !!

Wrong

The EFC board are made of prehistoric Egyptians who through Dank’s AOD have been able to survive many thousands of years undetected.*
Hird is Jewish. Egyptians hate Jews.

Am I doing it right?

Please don’t presume to know because you obviously have no idea what has been happening at the club.
Little and the board need to go NOW.

Fark sake

Will wait for things to settle before making any decisions.

Little - how apt

Wrong

I've considered my options re membership and heard what people say about their misgivings or worse about the Board's role. But I have just signed up again for next year because walking away might be construed as saying to those Hirdy was forced to leave behind, ie the playing group and support staff, that I find fault with them. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Not advocating one way or the other, but the club retained fantastic membership in both 2014 and again this year.

A significant drop in membership number next year will not be misconstrued, although Im sure some very keen PR people will spin it that way as a kind of emotional blackmail ploy.

I am keeping my membership so I can either vote for the board or run for it, depending if I think I can afford to fly to Melbourne every month. Thats when I will look at whether i join again. Both my sons who are also silver members are thinking of chucking it in.

I’m broke as ■■■■ (uni student) but if you do I’ll chip in something towards your flights.

I am keeping my membership so I can either vote for the board or run for it, depending if I think I can afford to fly to Melbourne every month. Thats when I will look at whether i join again. Both my sons who are also silver members are thinking of chucking it in.
If you need to procrastinate and ponder renewing, just chuck it in.
I do agree with you Locotus, have cancelled mine. It is not my club anymore, it is a travesty, just a place for AFL yes men. Sickened and ■■■■■■ off. Note some are on Twitter saying that they have spoken to, or had it word of mouth from various committee/ club people that all was amiable and they now know James was fine with the decision. CRAP !!
Stalwarts of the red and black still call it their club, irrespective of recent seriously testing times.

apparently this years membership entitles you to vote.

Yes I meant not sending in this years.

apparently this years membership entitles you to vote.

Everybody should continue putting in their membership money to the club. The less reliant we are on AFL money, the more independence we have from them.

I admire your optimism bomber001 - and I really wish it was the case in reality - but surely the last few years have proved beyond a shadow of doubt that all clubs, including Essendon, are the AFL’s “■■■■■■■”, regardless of where members money is spent. I’m still of the opinion that the board’s delivery this week of James Hird’s head on a stick - despite I may add the overwhelming support for James amongst the players and fans - was more about appeasing the AFL bigwigs than anything else…and please don’t tell me that it was James’s decision. I saw the post match presser and his chat from the rooms after the Crows game…he was pushed.

As for the debate about who should be their next coach…don’t waste your breath. Gill and co will be working that out as we speak and will inform the club in due course, after a few leaks to the Fairfax media.

The utter lack of any moral compass by the AFL and the Essendon board is the reason I cannot be a member any more, at least until hopefully one day the game is wrenched from the hands of these utter shysters.

I wish I could view it as just about footy because I can rationalise that; that’s why I stayed a member when Sheeds was shown the door and through the whole Matty Knights debacle. I totally respect all those of you who have determined to stick with the club but, for me, this has become a matter of principle way beyond the confines of footy. To continue as a member of the Essendon Footy Club, for me, would be to turn a blind eye to the shameful mistreatment and lack of support shown to a man who chose to stand up for what is right and support his mates against an AFL instigated media witch-hunt the likes of which hasn’t been seen in Australia since the Lindy Chamberlain affair.

…now I await the chorus of people telling me to get lost.

Agree Loctus.
I said on Tuesday that our family would be cancelling our memberships however I haven’t done so yet. The reason is that we are still angry and don’t want to make a decision whilst in this frame of mind. I will contact the club and remove us from the advantage program so our membership and extra donation doesn’t automatically renew. We will make a decision later in the year when hopefully we have a different demeanour towards the club and Little. I am sure there will be more information about what went down in the next few months.
Apart from our absolute hate for the AFL executive and commissioners we are filthy about the way the club (read Little) has played us along during the last three years. Stick with us, stay united, donate to the flight plan and we will get through this they said. Everyone said yes, just don’t bow to the AFL and media pressure. The Cult of Hird is not so much about the man, most coaches leave in tears, but more about the symbolism.
Little has played the AFL cards all the way through this saga. He’s part of the boys club and was always going to throw the hand grenade and run. I just hope the club can recover from this and that the conspirators at the AFL get a big dose of karma.

Anyway, rant over. Apologies to any of the ‘Rolo and the Anti-Hirders’ I may have sniped over the last few days.

Fark Carlton.

I’m already plotting! :slight_smile:

Another factor I'm not sure if anyone else has touched on is the welfare of the players. If we assume that at least some of them did love Hird & we acknowledge that they are mentally hurting already because of the WADA appeal then how exactly is lobbing the coach getting sacked going to help the players mental state. It would appear from everything coming out of the club for 3 years that Hird has been a rock for the players so now we pretty much sell the message that its because of the players performance that Hird has gone. Do we really think this is a good move for the players now?
Has anything the board's done suggested they give a ■■■■ about the players?

The Board’s interest is purely monetary. Oh, we can’t lose sponsors. We’ve got to keep the Club afloat. It doesn’t matter who’s here to play for us or watch us play as long as we don’t jeopardise our own reputations by causing “the Club” to collapse through lack of funds!!

I do agree with you Locotus, have cancelled mine. It is not my club anymore, it is a travesty, just a place for AFL yes men. Sickened and ■■■■■■ off. Note some are on Twitter saying that they have spoken to, or had it word of mouth from various committee/ club people that all was amiable and they now know James was fine with the decision. CRAP !!

Haven’t seen many people in tears over something that they were fine with.