Fuck you essendon fc board

I wish someone would tell us what happened because no one believes what was said at thatpress conference.
Agree. But those same people won't believe the reasons even if Hird said them himself.

Right now, the club would know fans / members are still grieving and emotional.
It would be nice if we had an idea when the board will address members.
Shouldn’t be too hard to send out an email early next week.

I watched the presser and I heard differing stories from Hird and Little.

I heard Hird say - circumspectly but clearly - that there had been people on the board and/or the executive asking/recommending/demanding/suggesting/hinting he resign for a long time, and only when he was told that the board was unanimously in favour of his resignation, did he offer it.

I heard Little say that Hird had completely voluntarily offered his resignation in order to ‘clear the air’ for the players and the board had accepted it.

I am inclined to believe Hird’s version of events over Little’s because Little has history in trying to get rid of Hird, and at the time of last year’s Crichton he clearly had enough board support to make that happen, until threats of unfair dismissal proceedings and a supporter backlash put the frighteners on just enough board members to change their minds.

Was Hird sacked? Strictly speaking, no. Was he relentlessly and continually pressured into resigning against his personal preferences? I certainly believe so.

I genuinely believe both men hope that Hird’s resignation will mean less stress on the players. I don’t believe this hope is well-founded, and I suspect Hird believes the same.

I reckon if Hird had any measure of hope the release of the pressure cooker valve would benefit the players by walking away, he’d take it.

So do I. And given that he stayed in the job since the start of 2013, and didn’t step down until it he was told that nobody on the board wanted him in the job any more, that makes it fairly obvious that he didn’t believe his resignation would help the players at all. If he did, he would have resigned a long time ago.

Nice fantasy. But that’s what it is.

I wish someone would tell us what happened because no one believes what was said at thatpress conference.
Agree. But those same people won't believe the reasons even if Hird said them himself.

I heard Hird say - circumspectly but clearly - that there had been people on the board and/or the executive asking/recommending/demanding/suggesting/hinting he resign for a long time, and only when he was told that the board was unanimously in favour of his resignation, did he offer it.

I heard Little say that Hird had completely voluntarily offered his resignation in order to ‘clear the air’ for the players and the board had accepted it.

I am inclined to believe Hird’s version of events over Little’s because Little has history in trying to get rid of Hird, and at the time of last year’s Crichton he clearly had enough board support to make that happen, until threats of unfair dismissal proceedings and a supporter backlash put the frighteners on just enough board members to change their minds.

Was Hird sacked? Strictly speaking, no. Was he relentlessly and continually pressured into resigning against his personal preferences? I certainly believe so.

I genuinely believe both men hope that Hird’s resignation will mean less stress on the players. I don’t believe this hope is well-founded, and I suspect Hird believes the same.

I reckon if Hird had any measure of hope the release of the pressure cooker valve would benefit the players by walking away, he’d take it.

So, walking away three weeks before the end of the season is releasing pressure on the players? Strange, because they seem pretty torn up about it.

So I guess we should expect WADA to drop the appeal any day now.

The idea is that Hird walking away is the beginning of a fresh start. Is that better than him staying under the same conditions as the last 3 years and onwards?

No one would expect the players to be rapt by it when it occurred.

Ok, so it wasn’t about the welfare of the players. Glad we cleared that up. Fresh start with the WADA case still happening and three weeks left of this bad season. Are you being serious?

What exactly about the aftermath of this clusterfukc feels fresh to you?

You can't rule out the WADA case being dropped. Is the short term future better than him staying under the same conditions as the last 3 years and onwards? We've had nearly 3 years to eradicate the clusterfukc and haven't been capable of doing it

WADA will drop their case now that Hird is gone? Don’t hold your breath.

Is the short term future better now that he’s gone? Demonstrably not. That’s why I asked you but seeing as you’re determined to avoid answering that, I’ll assume you don’t have an answer. Hird’s gone and that’s all they/you want. Never mind the logic behind it.

If everyone keeps repeating CLEAR AIR! CLEAR AIR! then maybe people will stop asking and forget about it. We all gobble up the AFL’s ■■■■ sandwich and get told from now on, we’ll get real food! But the reality is, it’s just one ■■■■ sandwich after another. We did it in August 2013 and we’re doing it now.

Meanwhile, WADA have a big bowl of ■■■■ stew they’re just dying to serve us and keep saying, “you’re not getting real food until we’re absolutely convinced we can’t force you to eat this stew”.

monty burns photo: burns MrBurns.jpg

Can’t wait til Little goes.

how many times is hird going to be scapegoated for the clubs inadequacies?

Finally, it all comes down to this.

So do I. And given that he stayed in the job since the start of 2013, and didn’t step down until it he was told that nobody on the board wanted him in the job any more, that makes it fairly obvious that he didn’t believe his resignation would help the players at all. If he did, he would have resigned a long time ago.

So, walking away three weeks before the end of the season is releasing pressure on the players? Strange, because they seem pretty torn up about it.

The idea is that Hird walking away is the beginning of a fresh start. Is that better than him staying under the same conditions as the last 3 years and onwards?

Ok, so it wasn’t about the welfare of the players. Glad we cleared that up. Fresh start with the WADA case still happening and three weeks left of this bad season. Are you being serious?

You can't rule out the WADA case being dropped. Is the short term future better than him staying under the same conditions as the last 3 years and onwards? We've had nearly 3 years to eradicate the clusterfukc and haven't been capable of doing it

Eight probably.

how many scapegoat hird made?

6 times.

oh, it was rhetorical?

This. Ha ha

The release of the pressure cooker valve would always benefit the players. And the club should have been actively working to that end for the past three years. They haven’t. They have done nothing at all to stop the constant media speculation, the constant media pressure, the lies, the innuendo. All would have helped the pressure cooker valve you are talking about.

can't wait for 20 years from now the next incarnation of open mike, and hirdie coming on to the interview and saying 'essendon 34 was an inside jobe.'

I don’t think anyone will believe jobe was responsible.

can’t wait for 20 years from now the next incarnation of open mike, and hirdie coming on to the interview and saying ‘essendon 34 was an inside jobe.’