Fujitsu Sponsorship -- Something to discuss

there will be another positive announcement coming out in addition to this.
and some of you wanted our Chairman gone...

David Evans doing Fujitsu ads?

Erotic air conditioners?

Keep you cool, while making you hot at the same time

Now we can all sit tight and be confident in comfort thanks to our Fujitsu air conditioners.

Please be that Jobe has knocked a bird up with quadruplets all of which are boys.

LOL,  wishful thinking.
Is it fair to say there are plenty of posters here who wish that upon themselves?
Well, put it this way, if I was 15 years younger, certainly, but NO NO for quadruplets,  maybe twins though, lol.
Wow I thought you were older.

Your right, I am not of child bearing age anymore, but science these days can do wonderful things and as always the pregnancy is the easier part, it's the rearing that harder.

2 boys I could manage, 4, forget it.

there will be another positive announcement coming out in addition to this.

and some of you wanted our Chairman gone...

Shame, shame on some youse.

Probably now our biggest fans…taking over from Dyson (H)

Nothing but a grape vine rumour, but a '1 out of 20 correct' source mentioned to my old man that Samsung were in the running the naming rights for the HPC. Think I vaguely remember the statement from 2011 saying they were focusing all their sponsorship for the London olympics including something about rejoining the club in some capacity in the future? Wait and see I guess.

Yep I guess all we need is a major sponsor for the HPC and we'll be the envy of all clubs... Well most of them

That's where Toll could come in. The Toll Centre

Nothing but a grape vine rumour, but a '1 out of 20 correct' source mentioned to my old man that Samsung were in the running the naming rights for the HPC. Think I vaguely remember the statement from 2011 saying they were focusing all their sponsorship for the London olympics including something about rejoining the club in some capacity in the future? Wait and see I guess.

Yep I guess all we need is a major sponsor for the HPC and we'll be the envy of all clubs... Well most of them

T(r)olling

"Taking it's Toll on the competition since 2013."

anyone else think bomber thompson was lookin really fit n healthy @ the press confrence?? he looked good!

The real question is: Can we now afford to eat at a restaurant AND pay the bill?

anyone else think bomber thompson was lookin really fit n healthy @ the press confrence?? he looked good!

...I thought the same too. Looked up for the challenge.

In related news, the Western Bulldogs have just announced that they have bought a Fujitsu Air con, for their office, still don't have one in the gym, or a Gym, but they are keeping pace with the big boys.

They are looking a t coin operated washing machine so players wave to wash their own gear after every game too, lucky Stu has the coin to use it.

...I thought the same too. Looked up for the challenge.
Give me a couple of weeks at a family resort in South East Asia and even I'd look half decent!

would love to see him do an interview with Caro now, that one after the penalties were handed down was understandably not his best work, reckon in the right frame of mind he would run rings around her.

They are looking a t coin operated washing machine so players wave to wash their own gear after every game too, lucky Stu has the coin to use it.

If he is as tight as some of the Essendon players mentioned on Twitter he is going to love having to pay his own way to get to their overseas camp.

In related news, the Western Bulldogs have just announced that they have bought a Fujitsu Air con, for their office, still don't have one in the gym, or a Gym, but they are keeping pace with the big boys.

Meanwhile at north melbourne:

Snowball_1.jpg

Fantastic news, they are staying on!!!

Essendon are planning to pour millions of dollars into a two-pronged development of their Tullamarine headquarters, which will include a new epicentre for a women’s team and the VFL side.

It comes as the club re-signed one of its co-sponsors, Fujitsu, in a deal believed to be worth a whopping $10 million.

Fujitsu, who first committed to the club at the end of 2013 – when Essendon was in the depths of the biggest doping scandal in AFL history – has recommitted for another four years in a significant moment in the club’s financial growth.

Deals such as this allow the Bombers to make significant inroads into their $10.5 million debt while also making plans to expand their base at Tullamarine.

Behind “the hangar” is 1500 square metres of vacant land, currently leased by Melbourne Airport, that the club can take over at any time.

While a final decision is yet to be made, the club is likely to build a recreation or community centre, which could include a commercial gymnasium or a medical centre for local residents.

In a further expansion of the club’s current headquarters across the road (Melrose Drive), the Bombers plan to build a new facility to house the VFL team, the club’s next generation academy and a potential AFLW team, which the Bombers will push hard to obtain over the next month.

While St Kilda and Geelong believe they are the next two clubs in line for a women’s team, the Bombers remain confident of having a team involved in the league’s next expansion.

Given what the club has had to deal with over the past five years, it’s done remarkably well to have a strong cash flow, despite enormous debt.

The renewed deal between the Bombers and Fujitsu is largely due to the multinational company’s relationship with club CEO Xavier Campbell, which started when he was in the commercial team at Essendon and before he became chief executive.

“The landscape has changed with sponsors, they want to see a tangible return on investments,” Campbell told Fairfax Media.

"We’ve worked really hard to generate return on investment through retail and commercial channels.

“Despite the challenging period they’ve played such an important part in supporting us during that time and as a football club we’re incredibly grateful.”

Fujitsu’s new deal, worth approximately $2.5 million per season, is one of the biggest commercial partnerships in the AFL.

Car company Kia, which is the club’s other major co-sponsor and makes a similarly significant contribution, is contracted to the club until the end of 2018.

With deals such as these, government and AFL funding as well as consistent donations by wealthy members, the Bombers will continue to make significant dents in a debt that was largely a result of the supplements saga and subsequent legal ramifications.

The club hopes to have the new developments built and running by the end of 2021.

6 Likes

Should I assume this is a typo and/or The Rage have no idea what they’re publishing? There’s a lot more than 50 by 30 metres behind the Hangar, and you’d need a lot more than that to develop what’s speculated.

10.5 million dollar debt?

Time to redeem 3 of our WW1 bonds.

1 Like

It’s great to see Fujitsu and Kia stick by the club. I don’t have much experience with Fujitsu products. However I purchased a Kia Sorento for my wife’s 40th and it’s been a great car so far.

6 Likes

Chose Fujitsu for our house and it’s the best $11k we have spent on the place. Can’t fault the product and service. Would thoroughly recommend

3 Likes