Game Day, Seeking for Redemption vs Bears round 2, 2022

We’ll dominate Brisbane for 10 minutes in the first and end up kicking 1.8

Then Brisbane score 2 quick goals and it’s pretty much curtains for us

Post match observation after we all get canned in the media for booing him: "I didn’t hear anyone booing, I heard a lot of people yelling:

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDAS"

1 Like

No Rules under the Dome in the pressure cooker! Let’s get loud!

I think the backlash if we put up a performance like last week for the second week in a row would be absolutely savage. From fans at the game to post-match media analysis = ugly.

I thought the Lions were fairly average last week and did what they had to do in the last quarter to win the game against a tiring Port. They also started last year fairly slowly (1-3) so I think they are a long way from their peak.

I can see us being competitive for large portions of the game but still losing by a couple of goals in the end. It will be that hugely annoying loss where we show a lot more than last week (not hard) and have chances to press for a win… but still get done in the end and we will have a week of the ‘glass half full or glass half empty’ analysis which will drive me crazy.

I was saying boo-udas.

4 Likes

It was SUI

1 Like

Still spent $150 upgrading and car park. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Joe will have kicked his 6th halfway through the third to put them 68 points up an the crowd will pile out in their droves.

End of the day we’ll be 0-2 with Melbourne to come and the season in tatters.

On the upside, there will be lots of learnings.

1 Like

Similar sentiment to others on here, not expecting a win (although the players should be), but rather what I want to see is intensity and pressure for four quarters.

To run hard in order to offer un-contested options - both around the ground and into the forward line.

I want to see we have ways to move the ball on our terms.

Let’s see what we get.

If we win fantastic but I’ll be happy with a 2-3 goal loss and being tough and hard for 4 qrts

None of this listless type of performance we saw last week

The confidence levels will be shattered they will try harder but ultimately succumb to a 6 goal loss

If we lose we lose. But if I see 1 essendon player go up to Joe before the game and smile and shake his hand. In the words of Terry Wallace. I will SPEW UP!.
It’s about time our timid club starts getting back it’s mojo. And starts getting tough again

2 Likes

Show something Essendon, get tough and play like your life in on the line FFS go in hard and get rid of the nice guy syndrome

1 Like

That’s what I’m worried about they’ll put in all this effort and still end up losing by 6 goals.

It won’t be just Joe, I vomitted when I saw Cox shake a Geelong hand last week

Nice guy ■■■■ I hate, go up to them and bump the ■■■■ out of them, niggle them.

I blame our captain for being a nice footy team

2 Likes

He is a big problem.

He isn’t serious enough, doesn’t have leadership abilities, when your team is down you lead by example he just blends in with the rest of the playing group.

I’m already ■■■■■■ and hours away, selection is ■■■■ house

4 Likes

How hard is it for Hep to grab his team mates by the scruff and say “boys this is not what we stand for follow me and let’s wins this thing”

1 Like

Cowabunga dude! ■■■■■ me

Stringer would be better

1 Like

That’s incredibly optimistic

1 Like