Game Day Thread - Pre Season Rd 1 - A New Hope

Who's the sub?

Prismal

Who's the sub?

What number is he wearing?

Near two year absence and still know the inside jokes

Betting agencies have jumped on us. In from $2 to $1.40.

Imagine if the 3 we left out were Heppell, Hurley and Z.Merrett now.

The dawn of the new era has arrived. I’m so pumped!!

If ya are overseas (or have a vpn) sign up to watchafl (international) stream in hd and free for the jlt series

Did a presentation at work this morning wearing my EFC polo shirt.

onya Woosha!

Only a practice game against an opponent with a second string midfield. Remember the preseason game against Carlton last year when Essendon embarrassed them at Ikon only to lose the home and away game some weeks later.

And then we had the Pies who last preseason looked like world beaters (defeating Geelong in Geelong) before they fell off the perch season proper.

Perspective is a beautiful thing … what excitess me more is to see how the boys go about their business, win or lose. Systems of play, individual form, body language.

Timmy reckons 28K tonight. If so a good number for a practice match.

Go Bombers!

can already tell im going to be watching this game twice tonight

pumped

What are the final squads?

Betting agencies have jumped on us. In from $2 to $1.40.

Imagine if the 3 we left out were Heppell, Hurley and Z.Merrett now.

my mate was keen to bet on us.
I said we have a strong squad. But who best on preseason matches?

8 POINT GAME

If ya are overseas (or have a vpn) sign up to watchafl (international) stream in hd and free for the jlt series

Excellent. Thanks.

By the way folks. Always be safe and use protection. Get a VPN.

Green to kick a super goal to draw the match on the siren.

Only a practice game against an opponent with a second string midfield. Remember the preseason game against Carlton last year when Essendon embarrassed them at Ikon only to lose the home and away game some weeks later.

And then we had the Pies who last preseason looked like world beaters (defeating Geelong in Geelong) before they fell off the perch season proper.

Perspective is a beautiful thing … what excitess me more is to see how the boys go about their business, win or lose. Systems of play, individual form, body language.

Go Bombers!

Blues played their kids in the midfield that preseason game., plus curnow
we had to try and win that game. As wins were looking very scarce for the year.
I think that win added belief within the group.
I think some fans sort of expected us to beat blues in the real season, as we dont rate them. but knew it would be a close game and it was in the proper season.

Also that Melbourne win was epic.

Go Bombers!

Yeah, it’s not the result that counts, I want to see clean skills and some emerging players sticking their hand up for round 1.

Good ball movement, a functioning forward line, winning clearances, outside run, lots of ways to measure tonight’s performance without needing the result.

8 POINT GAME
Haha, beat me to it.

Excellent. Thanks.

By the way folks. Always be safe and use protection. Get a VPN.

Better than a VPL.

*or so my girlfriends have always said

I know Essendon will be good tonight
Have no idea how the pies will play. havent even looked at their squad.
I want to see bullocking midfielders and luey winning stoppages at will. And us dominating the midfield contest.
I want to see good switches of play and atttacking play forward, lots of options and forwards leading to the ball carrier.
I want to see the small forwards creating Havoc. Tippa Green Fanta
It would be nice to see McGrath show something down back and Stewart up forward.
It would be nice to see some of our guys on the end of easy goals, like our opposition usually get.
It would be nice to see Ambrose bury someone in the turf.

It would be nice to hear the song after the game.

And no injuries!!

I just wanna see an Essendon team play again.

Don't worry we will be inducting Mason Cox into the "spuds who kick bags against Essendon" Club before we know it.

This bloke is going to be getting frees if Hurley even looks at him let alone makes any body contact.

Didn’t John Anthony kick 10 against us one pre season? WTF