Game Day Thread - Pre Season Rd 1 - A New Hope

I’ve got Worsfolds pre game speach.

YOU KICK A GOAL, AND YOU KICK A GOAL.

EVERYBODY KICKS A GOAL!

Only a practice game against an opponent with a second string midfield. Remember the preseason game against Carlton last year when Essendon embarrassed them at Ikon only to lose the home and away game some weeks later.

And then we had the Pies who last preseason looked like world beaters (defeating Geelong in Geelong) before they fell off the perch season proper.

Perspective is a beautiful thing … what excitess me more is to see how the boys go about their business, win or lose. Systems of play, individual form, body language.

Timmy reckons 28K tonight. If so a good number for a practice match.

Go Bombers!

Only for us to go on and belt carlton later in the year last round aswell?
Mind you the team we had too with our players suspended…

Does Watch AFL let you watch on delay or replay? Or live only.

It’s close now.

Come on!

Can’t wait any longer!! Heading over now. Very excited!!

115 minutes…

On the tram now. So excited! Go bombers!

Pi$$ed off from work a bit early and just jumped on the train at Strathmore station. More excited than I thought I’d be now that it’s here!

This is the only time when I wished I lived in Melbourne. I’m envious of you Mexicans being an ex-Mexican.

This is the only time when I wished I lived in Melbourne. I'm envious of you Mexicans being an ex-Mexican.

South of the border?

Now I might not be able to make it! Upsetting. Also don't have Foxtel.

Blitz, help me with somewhat not-legal links

Foxtel play is offering a free trial ATM if it helps.

Anyone else try to subscribe to this today? It keep resetting the whole process for me every time I try to sign up

This is the only time when I wished I lived in Melbourne. I'm envious of you Mexicans being an ex-Mexican.

That’s what planes were built for :slight_smile:

Anyone else try to subscribe to this today? It keep resetting the whole process for me every time I try to sign up

They have a character filter that blocks out dubious characters. The system quickly scans the web and develops a digital profile of you. If you’re a character of ill repute and have been conducting dubious activities in the virtual or actual world it knows. Try having somone with more decency sign up on your behalf.

LOL - I told this to a mate encountering similar problems once and I think he half bought it.

Apologies, my excitement about tonight has made me a little silly.

“Apologies, my excitement about tonight has made me a little silly.”

Me too! Must admit I’ve had a couple but feel like a kid at Christmas!!

They have a character filter that blocks out dubious characters. The system quickly scans the web and develops a digital profile of you. If you’re a character of ill repute and have been conducting dubious activities in the virtual or actual world it knows. Try having somone with more decency sign up on your behalf.

LOL - I told this to a mate encountering similar problems once and I think he half bought it.

Apologies, my excitement about tonight has made me a little silly.

I switched browsers. That threw them off the scent long enough to sneak in.

Can you watch it through the AFL app / league pass subscription?

Do members need a ticket?

That’s what planes were built for :slight_smile:

Planes are safe in the Hangar but that’s not what Bombers are built for.

Long Hocking and Laverde out from the initial squad.

Stiff for Long, Buddha maybe being managed, Laverde probably lost a limb at training or something.

Long Hocking and Laverde out from the initial squad.

Stiff for Long, Buddha maybe being managed, Laverde probably lost a limb at training or something.

Management.

There will be players managed throughout the game. Some will play a half, some will play 3 qtrs.