Game Day Thread - round 1 vs Sydney

I think we all need somewhere to complain about the rain for the next eight hours.

Need a strong start to the third quarter to wrestle back some of Sydney’s second quarter momentum.

Carlisle has to lift.

Stanton - please stop making clanger errors.

Sydney had 7 scoring shots to our 3 in the second quarter. We’re still playing well, but they played better than us that quarter. There were far too many times when the ball was knocked loose from a marking contest and initially there were two or three loose Sydney players to pounce on it. We need to get some winners in the forward line, because we have none at the moment.

If we can snag the first 2 goals we should be able to see out the game.

If we Keep on pressuring them and if we can win the contested ball in the middle we can win.

Cannot let them get any kind of momentum against

We are better than them.

Will need a monster effort to hold on…happy with what I have seen so far though…everyone having a solid crack at it

Quoted Post

Forget the Gaelic Club. Catie Lio is tweeting that there'll be a bit of a gathering at The Brewery which is the bar at the Novotel in Homebush., right opposite the stadium. It's on Dawn Fraser Ave, so it's on your way from the station to the stadium.

She mentioned 3pm, but of course earlier is usually better!

Go Bombers! Getting pumped.

21.4mm of rain at Homebush in the 24 hours to 9am.

Quoted Post

I think we all need somewhere to complain about the rain for the next eight hours.

Yep, abysmal weather. Hasnt stopped raining since about 1am from what i can tell. Hopefully it clears.

Finally feeling a little pumped about the footy for the first time this year. God I hope we win, it would be such good tonic.

Go Bombers!

Quoted Post

21.4mm of rain at Homebush in the 24 hours to 9am.

Gonna be at least that much more before 4:30pm! We’ve put on a Sydney stunner for you all!

Should have played over here. Hasn’t rained for months.

One of the greatest myths of all that Sydney has better weather than Melbourne. Putrid.

One wish for today outside of playing good footy and winning but I really hope we get a bit of unsociable football going when it comes to one A Goodes.

Doesn’t need to be getting weeks stuff (although I would love it) but more just make his life hell. Helps that it’s going to be wet weather footy.

Absolutely bury him after every tackle.
He is at the bottom of a pack, land on top of him or put a knee in his back going for a mark.
On the lead and going to mark it anyway, clip him behind the ears.
Kidney punch him all day long.

Teach the ■■■■ jockey to keep his mouth shut about our club and players the old fashioned way. Would be even funnier if his team mates didn’t stick up for him either.

I know it’ll never happen but I can dream/hope.

Cautiously optimistic.

Hope some lays out Mr Integrity.

Already on the cans, fkn nervous

Quoted Post

What is it, 8 over there?

We picked a decent side for the conditions. Really only Gleeson is genuinely light, even zach is fairly solid. Its going to be a slogfest. Chappy, jobe, bj, howlett etc will need to get stuck in.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
What is it, 8 over there?
He didn't go to sleep

Glad we only have to play them once this year and best possible time of the year to get it out of the way