Game Day Thread vs Melbourne (135 - 75) 15Apr23

Game Day.

Welcome to reality my friends.

Is the future looking bright? Are the kids alright? Or is it more of the same tripe.

9 Likes

Is this on Farkstel?

We’re gonna win

8 Likes

Make us proud SA blitzers

1 Like

Is 1 3 5 7 5 a crowd or score prediction, or did you have a micro-nap on your scoreboard?

1 Like

From memory that was the score in the 2000 Grand Final.

135-75

14 Likes

Please just be competitive today. Don’t expect a win but would like to be pleasantly surprised.

3 Likes

For those in Adelaide, are there many Bomber fans around town? It’s amazing how some clubs have embraced the vibe and spirit of the occasion with pre game training sessions and the like. They have their socials giving us a flavour of how it’s unfolding this weekend.

Essendon appear to not be wanting to immerse in the occasion, appearing to take a bit of a bump in and bump out approach at least it seems. This club once used to lap up these opportunities to be front of stage in engaging with footy fans and spreading the Bombers word. Aka Sheedy greeting travelling fans at the train station. The great Essendon days. Footy’s priority number 1 however, to me it’s an opportunity missed so far and it’s a pity the club seems to want perpetuate this sort of ‘bubble’ to the outside world.

Most importantly, hopefully a really competitive performance against the Demons today…

1 Like

Just in case things don’t work out for us today, if you switch over please note you will be safe and wanted within the warm embrace of some channels:

• the secret lives of our urban birds on Ch2
  • impossible builds on Ch72
  • escape fishing with ET on Ch10bold
16 Likes

You mean you’ve only just realised these wonderful programs are available!!! :roll_eyes:

10 goal loss coming up.

3 Likes

I hope so, during the 5 minutes I watched of GC v Freo on telly, saw a guy in the crowd with an Essendon cap, so we know there is at least one. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

SA has a lot of Bomber fans for various reasons so hoping they are embracing this weekend and outnumbering the Melbourne bandwagoners who have only jumped on over the last couple of years.

7 Likes

Bombers over the top…11 point win.

2 Likes

I just want them to be competitive, and for Scott to give them a bake if we’re losing.
And to play the kids.
And to ignore all of that and completely rage out if we lose by so much as a point.

This is the way.

16 Likes

Dear AFL,

Please move this game to 2:10pm.

5 Likes

I don’t expect to play finals this year, but I do expect us to win every single week.
I don’t see any contradiction in that.

21 Likes

ITS TIME

2 Likes

FOR THE 10 GOAL BELTING FROM MELBOURNE

5 Likes

I’ll try and cheer my loudest.

9 Likes