Game Day v the elderly cats, round 1 2022

B/w 4:30 - 5pm.

4 x approx 30min quarters plus 28m of break time.

Or 16 beers.

5 Likes

A 2:10pm starting time usually means about a 4:45pm final siren time.

The more goals in the game means that could be a little closer to 5pm. I can’t see that happening today.

1 Like

Happy game day! Pumped for this season, even though we’re missing a few stars today.

If our tackling pressure and contested ball work is on, we might just be able to outrun this mob. Will need goals from everywhere but if we take our chances, we can roll them.

FOOTY IS BACK! :heart::black_heart:

Geelong have been smashing us for years and I won’t believe today will be different until I see it with my own eyes.

7 Likes

P seats behind the goals are general admission?!? Clearly they haven’t sold many tickets.

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING

Great Southern Stand
M4-M9
M10 (rows A-Z)
P1-P15
Q1-Q6
Q7 rows H-DD
Q8-Q15½ rows P-DD

Ponsford Stand
M31-M36
Q29-Q36

Olympic Stand
M56-M57
Q49-Q57 rows K-back

AFL Reserve
Q15 1/2-Q22 (rows K-DD)
Q23-Q28

Please note that general admission areas are subject to change.

Look out for updates on available general admission areas on a match day via the MCG’s Twitter page.

2 Likes

Current Covid outbreak might be spooking some.

Was never going to be a massive crowd. Cats home game

2 and half to 3 hours

This is one of those games where the team can surprise me and prove that my pessimism is, on this occasion, completely misplaced.

Because, if we have truly made strides In game plan and system then the goals will still come albeit from different sources.

Win this game, with a non-existent forward line, then 2022 could be the beginning of something special

3 Likes

We’ll find out that Tom Stewart is our perfect full forward…. Will be clunking them all day.

2 Likes

with reserved seat memberships this year including free general admission for away games and the $28 prIce minimum to upgrade id say a fair few bombers will be coming in as GA.

RIDLEY takes the kick-in to HIND who sells some candy around the stationary Joel Selwood (who ducks for a free anyway). “Play On” calls the umpire visibly confused by Selwood however he does make a note he must give a free kick to Selwood for ducking later.

HIND now on his third bounce goes for a little chip over the top to LANGFORD, HIND misses the target but have no fear he cleans up anyway and does a little hip shake to get away from Blicavs (Blicavs was a steeplechaser in highschool btw). HIND retreats a handball back to ZMERRET on the wing who flicks it to SHIEL who is about to kick but much to the relief of fans decides on one nore handball to HEPPELL. “Good onya Shielsy” HEPPELL calls out while the ball is in flight before grabbing it and using his left boot to hit up Sexy GUELFI. Sexy GUELFI winks at his opponent who is dazed by GUELFI’s natural good looks before hitting DEVON up on the half forward flank. There’s an old fella in a Geelong Guernsey with a walking stick on the mark. Doesn’t really matter, he can’t move anyway. DEVON decides to take the old man on by running around on then right hand side before being met by NAB AFL MINI LEGEND ZAC TUOHY (DANGERFIELD it is noted throws up violently on the boundary line).

“GET ■■■■■■ UMP” DEVON yells despite it being his fault he hadn’t seen NAB AFL MININLEGEND ZAC TUOHY running at him. “Stop yelling at me, DEVON” the unpire says, “it’s your free kick mate”. DEVON is unsure how to react but decides he will save his best yelling for later.

He looks up for a forward pass.

Anyone?
Anyone there?
Stringer?
Lloydy?
Courtney Johns?!?!

Crickets.

DEVON starts yelling at the umpire this is unfair as our forward line is injured. The ump reverses the free kick. The ball ends up in the bloody hands of Isaac Smith. He kicks a beautiful lace out punt to Hawkins 70m out as our midfield scrambles back. Selwood ducks. “Free Kick” yells the ump. 50m penalty.

Hawkins goal.

Go Dons.

14 Likes

Us by 3 goals

1 Like

Well I am 0-3 in my tipping so far, tipped Geelong so thats a good sign!

5 Likes

dons by 35

1 Like

I ■■■■■■■ love this guy

4 Likes

Every post is grate

d

2 Likes

argh the gameday thread. my cruel mistress, we meet again.

3 Likes

At least 20

seeing how well collingwood and Carlton have performed makes me think we are a good chance for a upset.