Game of Thrones TV series *SPOILERS*: Let's wait for Season 8 Sesīr kipi!

And for those wondering, the young lady who filled in for Cersei's naked body is *drumroll* ... Rebecca Van Cleave. Feel free to hit up google.

Appropriate surname

noone has commented on the importance of the dothraki turning up and doing circle work?

And for those wondering, the young lady who filled in for Cersei’s naked body is drumroll … Rebecca Van Cleave. Feel free to hit up google.

Most reliant on CGI, too. I wonder if they'd originally filmed Griff etc (a storyline in the book which has been excised from the show) being there, and then had to cut them out... would explain the gaps in the formation.
What? No.
Most reliant on CGI, too. But it's not like organising the guys who were there would've cost much more.

I wonder if they’d originally filmed Griff etc (a storyline in the book which has been excised from the show) being there, and then had to cut them out… would explain the gaps in the formation.

If they could CGI them out, they could just as easily CGI in more Unsullied. I think it was just done on the cheap/lazy.

great article on why contemporary use of CG is failing cinema. The GOT team would do well do familiarize themselves with this list. I think the most important lesson is ‘hide the CG’. Danny’s dragon riding seen is a case in point.

Remember the battle with the skeletons and Bran last season? Looked like Jason and the Argonauts.

They probably blew a load of their budget on the Hardhome battle.

And even that wasn’t great. There’s a point at which their ‘expensive for TV’ budget runs up against ‘looks cheap for a movie’ visual effects.

Most reliant on CGI, too.
But it’s not like organising the guys who were there would’ve cost much more.

I wonder if they’d originally filmed Griff etc (a storyline in the book which has been excised from the show) being there, and then had to cut them out… would explain the gaps in the formation.

It has appeared all along that Dany’s storyline has the smallest budget.

I liked the bit when Atreyu flew in and rescued Anna the Snow Queen to the theme of The Lion King.

Come on, you didn’t feel that whole important scene was handled a little clumsily and cheesily? After the exceptional direction and effects (not to mention mind-blowing use of sound!) from the White Walker battle the week prior, this lacked fear, pace, and general wow factor. The battle lacked a certain realism in the dynamics or something.

Yep.

Re-watched that one, with Ms AP.

The whole fighting pit fight scene is pretty poor IMHO. First off, the unsullied’s formation is poop. Like there’s 2 of them here, then a gap, then another guy facing a different way, then a gap, etc. Fine if it’s some mob of randoms who are fighting, but the whole concept of unsullied is they’re the best formation fighters going around - so that’s a biggy, IMHO. And the SotH are just not attacking the gaps in the formation, they’re clearly just waiting for something.
Secondly, it’s like they hadn’t figured out what the CGI dragon could do exactly - the direction of all the SotH guys is outright crap, when Drogon flies in. There’s bits where there are guys just walking/jogging then the dragon sets them on fire. I reckon I’d manage more than a slow trot if I had a 15 metre long fire-breathing dragon.

The first dragon attack scene should be kick ■■■■.
Instead it was like some 80s C action flick, where the bad guys wait, one by one, for JCVD to roundhouse kick them in the face. Sloppy.

finally caught up with season 5 and am allowed in here now.

FWIW i enjoyed it. Has i haven’t read the books the departures don’t particular bother me (Mrs Ivan, having read the books, holds a different opinion).

the danny dragon riding seen looked horrible. If you can’t make the close up look good don’t use stay far and wide. Seriously that was 1980s never ending story bad. spoiled what was otherwise a great sequence.

John Snow, seriously i knew what was going to happen courtesy of mrs ivan but you do find yourself what the hell is point of this show if you just keep killing everyone. No one is off limits we get that but at some the killing starts to affect your ability to tell a compelling story that you care about. Anyways there is obviously a lot of conjecture about whether he is or isn’t dead or will return is some other guise or whatevs but regardless i actually thought it was the wrong note to finish on and. Reckon a better “cliffhanger” would have been sansa and theon jumping off the battlements.

This is meant to be a seven book series right. Can’t help but think it has been bogged down in act II for too long with Danny no closer than hoping over the drink than she was in season 1.

It was meant to be a trilogy... (roughly, Stark v Baratheon/Lannister; Dany vs Westeros; others v everyone). I think he's now done basically 2 (or is it 1 2/3?) of the original trilogy but a lot of it's jumped around

As Douglas Adams titled one instalment of the the Hitch Hiker’s Guide series… ‘the fifth book in the increasingly inaccurately named Hitchhiker’s Trilogy’…

finally caught up with season 5 and am allowed in here now.

FWIW i enjoyed it. Has i haven’t read the books the departures don’t particular bother me (Mrs Ivan, having read the books, holds a different opinion).

the danny dragon riding seen looked horrible. If you can’t make the close up look good don’t use stay far and wide. Seriously that was 1980s never ending story bad. spoiled what was otherwise a great sequence.

John Snow, seriously i knew what was going to happen courtesy of mrs ivan but you do find yourself what the hell is point of this show if you just keep killing everyone. No one is off limits we get that but at some the killing starts to affect your ability to tell a compelling story that you care about. Anyways there is obviously a lot of conjecture about whether he is or isn’t dead or will return is some other guise or whatevs but regardless i actually thought it was the wrong note to finish on and. Reckon a better “cliffhanger” would have been sansa and theon jumping off the battlements.

This is meant to be a seven book series right. Can’t help but think it has been bogged down in act II for too long with Danny no closer to hopping over the drink than she was in season 1.

They probably blew a load of their budget on the Hardhome battle.

lots of the main characters fate left uncertain.

now the long wait…

Cersei scrubbed up OK.

Season finished off strongly.

Mrs Wim is shattered.

ayyy then don't go in the spoiler thread ay.

Edit: I have seen the episode, I was surprised by some of the circumstances.

aimed at incoming.

ayyy then don't go in the spoiler thread ay.

Edit: I have seen the episode, I was surprised by some of the circumstances.