Game of Thrones TV series *SPOILERS*: Let's wait for Season 8 Sesīr kipi!

I'm still stuck on the whole Dany needs to form alliances, and the best way to do that is through marriage.

Who else besides Jon could she marry for strategic purposes? Dorne doesn’t appear to have a male left in it, the Tyrell’s just got wiped out, Theon doesn’t have a ■■■■, Euron can’t work with Theon and Yara around, Edmure Tully is probably a bit scared off marriage atm, Littlefinger is into redheads, the Lannister’s are the bad guys…

I mean, I’m sure there are hundreds of lords from p*issy insignificant houses she could hook up with, but why would she go past the Lannister-hating, ruggedly handsome Stark King of the North?

I’d say from a purely strategic POV it’d be Jaime Lannister. With the Lannisters among her armies they’d be pretty much unstoppable. However the Lannisters was the promise for the 2 local support groups she picked up. So not gonna happen.

If the Lannister’s were also in her army, who exactly would she be fighting?

WHITE WALKERS

Oh yeah, of course, like, the ACTUAL threat.

Put dragon glass on the arrow heads of the unsullied (and maybe give them a jumper), and that should be taken care of pretty quickly.

Am I also the only one who thinks the Dathraki are going to take a lot of convincing to not sack everything?

Considering how illigetimate the last two kings have been, and that Cersai's claim to the throne is rather tenious at best, I don't think 'rightful heir' really comes into it. It's just whoever wins the fight.

I don’t think anyone’s arguing Cersei’s claim to the throne extends beyond ‘I can blow all you mofos up.’
Isn’t the fact that she’s sitting there at all a pie in the face to the witch’s prophecies? That annoyed me.

Wasn’t the witch’s prophecy that she would be replaced by a younger, more beautiful queen? Eeveryone (including Cersei) assumed that meant Margaery, but perhaps it is actually Dany?

WRT the legitimacy of claims to the crown. Dany has the best claim as a truelblood heir of the last Targaryean king, and Robert Baratheon’s claim was 1. I won the rebellion, and 2. the Baratheon family had some sort of kingly status in Westeros before the Targaryeans popped over from Valyria with their claim of 1. We won the invasion, and 2. We have dragons, mofos.

Robert was fond of a bit on the side and fathered plenty of bastards (in the TV show it was most notably Gendry who was last seen blacksmithing for the brotherhood, in the books Ned discovered there were heaps of them all over the place), but there is no legitimate claimant left in that line. Jon can be made a Stark (or a Targaryean for that matter), if declared by a noble person of the house. Roose bolton declared Ramsay his legitimate son and allowed him to have the Bolton name, shortly before regretting it immensely. Sansa is the true heir of Winterfell, so she could declare Jon a Stark, but that would mean ceding the title to him as he is older, although what’s left of the Northern lords seem past that consideration anyway. Likewise, Dany could declare him a Targaryean to effectively have the whole of Westeros against the Lannisters and maybe Euron Greyjoy. Jon also has the benefit of being a ■■■■■■■ of two noble bloodlines, instead of the more traditional Lord and random ■■■■■ combination. She could also claim that Rhaegar and Lianna were secretly married, thus making him legitimate, but that would mean a possible contest for the throne. I think I’ve just gone cross-eyed.

Ten months, FFS!

I love the rest of your post, but…and my memory may be failing me here, didn’t the witch say Cersei would never be queen?
I hope I’m wrong, because that would just make everything else kind of stupid.

She was Queen before when married to Robert. The prophecy in the books goes " “I will be queen, though?” asked the younger her.
“Aye.” Malice gleamed in Maggys yellow eyes. “Queen you shall be . . . until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.”"

Am I also the only one who thinks the Dathraki are going to take a lot of convincing to not sack everything?

It’s kinda been understated that a Dothraki army will finally reach the shores of westeros.

Can you imagine if the Mongols hooked up with a blonde princess who had 3 dragons and a Egyptian army, and then they made a deal with a renegade British Prince and Princess to steal their navy and sail into the heart of Europe? The devastation would have been… well, there’d be no Vatican, that’s for sure.

I may be overthinking this… gosh damn TV show has totally infiltrated my head.

Considering how illigetimate the last two kings have been, and that Cersai's claim to the throne is rather tenious at best, I don't think 'rightful heir' really comes into it. It's just whoever wins the fight.

I don’t think anyone’s arguing Cersei’s claim to the throne extends beyond ‘I can blow all you mofos up.’
Isn’t the fact that she’s sitting there at all a pie in the face to the witch’s prophecies? That annoyed me.

Wasn’t the witch’s prophecy that she would be replaced by a younger, more beautiful queen? Eeveryone (including Cersei) assumed that meant Margaery, but perhaps it is actually Dany?

WRT the legitimacy of claims to the crown. Dany has the best claim as a truelblood heir of the last Targaryean king, and Robert Baratheon’s claim was 1. I won the rebellion, and 2. the Baratheon family had some sort of kingly status in Westeros before the Targaryeans popped over from Valyria with their claim of 1. We won the invasion, and 2. We have dragons, mofos.

Robert was fond of a bit on the side and fathered plenty of bastards (in the TV show it was most notably Gendry who was last seen blacksmithing for the brotherhood, in the books Ned discovered there were heaps of them all over the place), but there is no legitimate claimant left in that line. Jon can be made a Stark (or a Targaryean for that matter), if declared by a noble person of the house. Roose bolton declared Ramsay his legitimate son and allowed him to have the Bolton name, shortly before regretting it immensely. Sansa is the true heir of Winterfell, so she could declare Jon a Stark, but that would mean ceding the title to him as he is older, although what’s left of the Northern lords seem past that consideration anyway. Likewise, Dany could declare him a Targaryean to effectively have the whole of Westeros against the Lannisters and maybe Euron Greyjoy. Jon also has the benefit of being a ■■■■■■■ of two noble bloodlines, instead of the more traditional Lord and random ■■■■■ combination. She could also claim that Rhaegar and Lianna were secretly married, thus making him legitimate, but that would mean a possible contest for the throne. I think I’ve just gone cross-eyed.

Ten months, FFS!

I love the rest of your post, but…and my memory may be failing me here, didn’t the witch say Cersei would never be queen?
I hope I’m wrong, because that would just make everything else kind of stupid.

She was Queen before when married to Robert. The prophecy in the books goes " “I will be queen, though?” asked the younger her.
“Aye.” Malice gleamed in Maggys yellow eyes. “Queen you shall be . . . until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.”"

I stand corrected. Thankyou.

But, damnit, even more reason not to leave Marge’s death to chance.

But, damnit, even more reason not to leave Marge's death to chance.

Her death was no more to chance than the High sparrow’s though, was it?

All it would have taken for her to survive would have been for her to shut up and sneak out.
Not exactly foolproof, especially if you think she’s the prophesied one.

All it would have taken for her to survive would have been for her to shut up and sneak out.

Yeah good point.

But i dunno, even if she left straight away, I’m not sure she’s that fleet of foot. The explosion was pretty big.

Yeah good point.

But i dunno, even if she left straight away, I’m not sure she’s that fleet of foot. The explosion was pretty big.

Lol.
It was pretty big.

Yeah good point.

Lol.
It was pretty big.

But it would have looked good showing her sprinting away, thinking she had made it to safety, then - Bam! Runs into the Mountain, head-squishing ensues.

Mountain walks away, cut to Cersei smirking as she surveys the carnage from the Red Keep.

Personally I would’ve been more satisfied with Lady Stoneheart offing Walder Frey, but I suppose they needed someone (minor) for Arya to kill this season to give her some resemblance of an arc as Cersai would be much too soon.

They did explicitly say a few seasons back that Lady Stoneheart wouldn’t be appearing on the show…but given 2 things in particular they’ve done this season, their reasoning no longer holds much weight. Maybe they had a particular Stark utter a certain line in this episode to plant the seed for an appearance down the line.

Yeah good point.

Lol.
It was pretty big.

But it would have looked good showing her sprinting away, thinking she had made it to safety, then - Bam! Runs into the Mountain, head-squishing ensues.

Mountain walks away, cut to Cersei smirking as she surveys the carnage from the Red Keep.

All more dramatic than her dying in an explosion, is my point.
I mean yes, I’m thinking of these things now, but I wouldn’t have expected a Marge assassination while I was watching, even though that would totally make sense.
I don’t think it’s unfair to reference the Red Wedding as an example, since it’s from the same story.

I don't pretend that I'm keeping up with it all, so forgive my ignorance, but can anyone tell me who is technically the entitled heir to the iron throne under the Baratheon line? Is there one?

Robert Baratheon had an illegitimate child, but that plot line got forgotten, from what I can remember.

I’m sure they haven’t forgotten Gendry…he’s just been rowing for 3 seasons…but hey they remembered Rickon, Osha and Theon’s father this season, so I’m sure they’ll bring him back to kill him off within the same episode next season. Or maybe Dany’s ships will just randomly smash into an empty rowboat and that’ll be that.

Watched a YouTube behind the scenes of GOT, the other day. An utterly fascinating insight, which gave me a massive appreciation of what goes into making such an epic series.

Unfortunately, I still cannot get my head around this season… Nothing makes sense. The whole awesome storyline has been bastardized beyond belief. Characters literally teleporting all over the place. Plot lines that just don’t add up, people being killed off for the sake of being killed (or to reduce budget costs and effort required to keep writing each episode). Honestly, how did Arya get anywhere near the Twins in such short time? Varys in Dorne in the blink of an eye? And don’t get me started on Dorne…that storyline has been raped so hard they’re now just an irrelevant bit-part, not the great House with a rich and proud history that they should be.

I fear for S7. I think it will be even more watered down and modernised, and frankly un-watchable. But, I’ll probably still watch, all the same…and b!tbh to you lot about it every week! :smiley:

If Varys can get to Dorne in one episode and back to Mereen in the same episode, Dany better be in Kings Landing in Episode 1.

Imagine it’s 8 episodes of her at sea next season :confused:

It is called the narrow sea for a reason…

Dany doesn’t need to marry for alliance it is just so there is the possibility. Hot, young, powerful - if she stays single people will be swayed at the opportunity. There isn’t anything set up but if there was little Lord Arryn might be the one. Dany is only what, 15?

Judging by how she handled slavers bay I’m fully expecting her to let Sansa rule the north, the sandsnakes rule Dorne, Asha the iron isles and she can take over Kings Landing. They will then all get together to perform “Girls” by Beyoncé.

The season was quite good, but since the books ended there is a notable difference in how they develop stories. This season was kind of “boring boring boring BANG” at the end, there was little to no gradual progression it just kind of plotted along and then in the final few episodes they developed the story a few months all at once.

Watched a YouTube behind the scenes of GOT, the other day. An utterly fascinating insight, which gave me a massive appreciation of what goes into making such an epic series.

Unfortunately, I still cannot get my head around this season… Nothing makes sense. The whole awesome storyline has been bastardized beyond belief. Characters literally teleporting all over the place. Plot lines that just don’t add up, people being killed off for the sake of being killed (or to reduce budget costs and effort required to keep writing each episode). Honestly, how did Arya get anywhere near the Twins in such short time? Varys in Dorne in the blink of an eye? And don’t get me started on Dorne…that storyline has been raped so hard they’re now just an irrelevant bit-part, not the great House with a rich and proud history that they should be.

I fear for S7. I think it will be even more watered down and modernised, and frankly un-watchable. But, I’ll probably still watch, all the same…and b!tbh to you lot about it every week! :smiley:

I confess to being a little concerned, in the tradition of The Chaser of old, that the creators might be swayed by farktards who don’t even watch it.

Personally I would've been more satisfied with Lady Stoneheart offing Walder Frey, but I suppose they needed someone (minor) for Arya to kill this season to give her some resemblance of an arc as Cersai would be much too soon.

They did explicitly say a few seasons back that Lady Stoneheart wouldn’t be appearing on the show…but given 2 things in particular they’ve done this season, their reasoning no longer holds much weight. Maybe they had a particular Stark utter a certain line in this episode to plant the seed for an appearance down the line.

It’s hard to bring her back now…in the books, she came back relatively quickly when Beric Dondarrion brought her back (but he died for good in doing so).
Given that Beric was in episode 8 talking to The Hound, it’s obvious that he is still alive so Lady Stoneheart isn’t and it’s now quite some time since she died.