Game of Thrones TV series *SPOILERS*: Let's wait for Season 8 Sesīr kipi!

Little Finger did help bring down Ramsey, do he gets some grace. That being said it’s even keeling from here.

They raised the ages in the show so it could be telecast.

I’m not sure it reflects that well on GRR Martin that all his main characters were in their teens or younger.

A touch of the Lewis Carrolls.

I'm not sure it reflects that well on GRR Martin that all his main characters were in their teens or younger.

A touch of the Lewis Carrolls.

Not necessarily… Most young girls in medieval times were married off and pregnant by the time they were 13.

I think GRRMs plot lines reflect actual history very well and the fact that he doesn’t wrap the story in politically correct cotton wool and happily ever after fairytale bullschnit is exactly what makes the books so awesome.

From Wiki:

The youngest British monarch at the start her reign was Mary, Queen of Scots, who became queen aged 6 days in 1542. The youngest king was Henry VI, who was 8 months and 25 days old at the time of his accession.

The youngest queen consort was Isabella of Valois, second wife of Richard II, aged 6 years 11 months and 25 days when she became queen in 1396.

I know, pretty extreme. Yes, I was being facetious.

(looking forward to July 17)

Let’s say it all together now: Winter is coming!

Are you sitting comfortably? Good. Then let’s begin.

There’s a brand spanking new trailer for the seventh season of Game of Thronesand it’s epic. There’s everything you could possibly want from this season: battle scenes, plotting and scheming, shadowy figures, sexy sex scenes and, oh yeah, dragons!

Now let’s talk about our thoughts. (Warning: spoiler alert if you’ve not watched season six yet.)

Just quietly, I’ve completely forgotten what happened last series

Don’t worry! So have we! It was literally a year ago and we’ve cast it from our mind to make room for more important things, like how many panes of glass were used to make that marquee at Pippa’s wedding. Here’s a precis: Yara hitched her ship-wagon to Daenery’s dragons and the lot of them - Tyrion, Varys, the Dothraki and all the Unsullied but not Daario, sorry, he’s gotta stay behind all by himself in boring Mereen - are setting sail for Westeros to ■■■■ ■■■■ up.

Jon Snow and his Wildling bros made peace with the Night’s Watch after the Battle of the Bastards and are now facing impending White Walker doom. Littlefinger is still creeping around the edges of Sansa, who has claimed the title of badass Queen of the North after exacting brutal revenge on Ramsay Snow. Oh and Cersei killed everyone - literally everyone - with Wildfire in King’s Landing.

Great! I remember now. Let’s talk about those dragons

They’re HUGE. Dragons grow up so fast, hey? It’s taken them seven seasons and some teething problems to become fully fledged fire-fighting machines and just look at the state of them now. It almost makes one proud.

Littlefinger is still creepy though

Some things never change. And one of those thing is Littlefinger’s love of lurking in shadows and spying on Sansa. When will he realise this it is never. gonna. happen. Sansa’s just not that into you, mate! Let it go!

Where you heading, Arya?

Whenever someone is on the road in Game of Thrones it never ends well.They never make it to the person they’re actually looking for, and they always end up running into the people they least want to see. (See: Any time Brienne of Tarth gets on a horse). Which is why we’re worried about Arya. We know she’s heading for Winterfell after getting out of her training in Bravos. But if we were Westerosians right now, the last place we’d want to be is on the road to Winterfell when there’s White Walkers on the loose.

Poor Tyrion

We know. When Cersei said “We’re the last Lannisters” to Jamie, it broke our hearts. Tyrion is just as much a Lannister as those two crazy, incenstuous siblings. Anyway, we’re worried about Tyrion. He’s getting caught up in this ‘great war’ and we need him to survive, for the witticisms alone. We couldn’t care less about Cersei, whose craft and cunning is wearing increasingly thin as the seasons go on. We liked her better when she was in prison.

And do you think this season will be all about the sexy sex?

There are two sexy sex moments in the trailer, one involving Missandei and Grey Worm - finally! - and the other involving someone who looks a lot like Yara and woman-scorned Ellaria Sand getting up close and personal. Which we are 100% here for, and we do hate to be the bearer of bad news but this season is likely to be concerned with something other than sexy sex.

It’s gonna be about war isn’t it.

Yep. The great war. Which is coming. Like winter. We hope you like battle scenes!

Game of Thrones will be released on Foxtel’s Showcase on July 17.

3 Likes

Winter is HERE.

4 Likes

Not really much need for spoiler tags today. Mainly setting the scene for later episodes.

Good episode. Set a lot of scenes.

Arya is a boss.

2 Likes

The Ed Sheeran cameo was cringeworthy.

8 Likes

How much was he paid for the 20 seconds of singing, 5 words and passing food and wine?

Also the castle at the end is awesome.

Dont trust little finger though. Sly prick. Just wants his end wet with Sansa…

3 Likes

Yep pretty standard intro fair.

Arya scene was the highlight.

Also the hound had some lines.

“why are you always in such a foul mood”

The hound dryly replies “experience”

3 Likes

Ahh, thanks for that. Had to rewind it 5 times and still couldn’t understand what he said…

Thought the floor map was pretty cool.

4 Likes

The contrast between the opening and campfire scenes was delightful.

2 Likes

The hound: trust my luck to end up with a bunch of fire worshipers

7 Likes

I think the hound is finding a bit of humanity. Euron making a play for the most hated person on GoT this season. Arya badass.

Not sure why Ed Sheeran was in it, but why were he and the other soldiers so nice? They must be the nicest people is Westeros.

1 Like

Can’t help but feel they aren’t that nice.

That’s what worries me.