Game of Thrones TV series *SPOILERS*: Let's wait for Season 8 Sesīr kipi!

Old mates gonna die before its finished.

That was spectacular.

3 Likes

Yup.

He lost interest in the whole thing somewhere partway through book 4. First three books came out at ~2 year intervals, since then it all ground to a halt.

I read the first book between year 11 and 12, I read the third book in my last year of uni. I turned 40 this year.

He doesn’t give a ■■■■ about the books any more.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but…

1. Wasn’t dragonglass only suppose to kill white walkers? (I thought it didn’t work on the mere wrights that they control).

2. Wasn’t the wall suppose to be made of magic that prevented the undead from passing through it? Shouldn’t it take more than dragonfire to fall?

Also, I guess Euron doesn’t have the ace that he had up his sleeve in the books, or you’d think it would have been used this episode…

I honestly don’t give a toss about the books anymore either… In a way, I’ll be glad if he doesn’t get around to it, because then I won’t have to force myself to labour through them. Book 4 & 5 killed it for me. It’s a shame, because books 1 to 3 are some of the best fantasy I’ll ever read though…

2 Likes

When bran crossed back the magics gone iirc.

Martin wilĺ never finish the book, the feminist scriptwriters on the show have taken the story on a diifferent path making it impossilbe for him to keep adjusting his book.

So who gets the blame/credit for incestuous writing?

How does Viserion fly so well with all those holes in his wings? Was that blue flame or ice? (The Wall seemed to crack rather than melt.) I was promised an ice dragon!

I thought Jaime would have at least taken Bronn with him.

Enjoyed the last episode. Hope the final season is not really 2 years away!!! Glad Samwell was paying attention to Gilly when she found the info on Jon’s parents wedding! Loved seeing Arya stitch up that slimy creep Littlefinger. Soooo long to wait now!!! (Finding it hard enough to wait for Sat week!!)

4 Likes

Wut 2 years?! God dammit.

I suspect it’ll come out April 2019.
Although I thought the film studio desperately wanted it to be 2018 so that the spin off’s could start in 2019.

i fist pumped when little finger got the chop, he’s had it coming for too long.

hands up if you thought they were all doomed in the dragon pit? i was expecting them to be ambushed for sure.

4 Likes

What I don’t understand is how Bran didn’t already know about the legit wedding between Lyanna and Rhaeger already, and as soon as Sam said, “Nah, it happened, I read it in a book”, Bran just does his thing and goes “Yep, you’re right”. Not very all-seeing are you Three Eyed Raven?

4 Likes

Seriously thought Littlefinger’s death was underwhelming.
From the moment Sansa said, ‘Lord Baylish…’ he was ■■■■■■.
There was no suspense.
That character and, dare I say it, the viewers deserved better.

At no point did he have the upper hand, at no point did there look like there was a way out, let alone a way for him to turn the tables or have the chance to actually be a complete ■■■■■■■.

Got you. You’re dead.
'k.

4 Likes

But gee it was good watching him squirm. You could see him go through some for of the 7 stages of grief in quick succession.

1 Like

I still like Riolio’s idea better.
Even if it’s (almost) a complete cheat.

Brans a bit touched in the head and not concerned with important details.

This one @wimmera1?

Far out that would be creepy-good.

1 Like

The death and the event in the hall was great.

They just did a poor job building up to it. The conflict between Sansa and Arya just wasn’t believable.
Heck, if a lot of it was based on Bran’s visions, then he should have killed as soon as Bran entered Winterfell.

I’m not sure what options they had, but surely it could have been built up better than it was.