Game of Thrones TV show mega thread

wowsers! yeah, didn't see that coming...

Wish I was in the room with people who are impatient with Dany's story line.

SNOOOOOOOOOZEFEST

SNOOOOOOOOOZEFEST

Right, that's it. I'm finally going to attack kings landing.... Yeah nah, actually I might just stay here for a bit longer

wowsers! yeah, didn't see that coming...

And it's a big deal. He started the whole course of events. It's awesome.

I'm glad that Lysa Arryn and the weirdo son are back in it. Only because I have a feeling they're both going to end up "flying".

SNOOOOOOOOOZEFEST

Right, that's it. I'm finally going to attack kings landing.... Yeah nah, actually I might just stay here for a bit longer
You can literally see the point where GRRM went 'I know how I want this to end, but I can't be stuffed getting there'.

I also thought they were going to kill Jon last night, but thankfully they didn't...

man, I have to catch up with the books, i'm only 25% through the second. does each series neatly line up with each book?

I also thought they were going to kill Jon last night, but thankfully they didn't...

man, I have to catch up with the books, i'm only 25% through the second. does each series neatly line up with each book?

If Jon goes, I go.

Forgive the ignorance but the guy that Hondo killed, was that the same guy [spoiler]who cut off Jamie's hand[/spoiler]?

And just so I haven't missed anything (yes I am slow)

[spoiler]

Lady Starks sister together with Lord Baylish killed Joffrey?

[/spoiler]

Yeah same guy ross

If Jon goes, I go.

Forgive the ignorance but the guy that Hondo killed, was that the same guy [spoiler]who cut off Jamie's hand[/spoiler]?

And just so I haven't missed anything (yes I am slow)

[spoiler]

Lady Starks sister together with Lord Baylish killed Joffrey?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler] I thought Baelish and the Olenna Tyrell killed Joffrey. Lysa Arryn and Baelish killed Jon Arryn and sent the letter to Cat Stark.[/spoiler]

The old lady Tyrell has also claimed responsibility or knowledge of Joffrey’s death. Not sure what the full extent of the collusion is though

So a mini-recap, here's basically why LF's involvement is interesting:

[spoiler]Eddard is the head of House Stark and Lord Paramount of the North. He is a dedicated husband and father, a loyal friend and an honourable lord. Eddard becomes Hand of the King to his lifelong friend, Robert Baratheon, when the previous hand dies in suspicious circumstances. He follows his predecessor's footsteps and uncovers an incestuous relationship between Queen, Cersei Lannister, and her brother, Ser Jaime Lannister. Robert dies after being injured while hunting and Eddard challenges the legitimacy of his successor, Joffrey Baratheon, but is betrayed by his political allies and arrested for treason. He confesses to the crime to protect his family, but is nevertheless executed due to Joffrey's impulsive ■■■■■■. The conflict between House Stark and House Lannister sets the stage for the War of the Five Kings.[/spoiler]

So about last night...[spoiler]Baelish wants power, and now he's basically Lord of the Eyrie, with the only known live heir of Winterfell up his sleeve. Not sure if he wants the Iron Throne but whatever his plans are, they are big, "I want it all" I think he said.

He seems to thrive on chaos. Murdering Jon Arryn for finding out about the incest helped the Lannisters, but getting Ned to become the Hand didn't help the Lannisters but started a big war. Killing Joffrey was good for the Tyrell's and probably the realm, but not the Lannisters, maybe it just gave him an opportunity to spirit Sansa away (with her agreement as she is now wanted for murder). [/spoiler]

Really hard to know what his motivations are, my theory is that he's got something to do with (just my theory here, so only a spoiler if it turns out to be true) [spoiler]the Iron Bank of Braavos who seem to keep being mentioned. Maybe the realm (Westeros) will become bankrupt due to LF's meddling and the Bank will appoint him as ruler as a thank you?[/spoiler]

In a word - no

The further along the show goes, the more varied the story line gets (imo)

I've read the books and there has been stuff happening the last few seasons that just didn't happen at all in the books.

Hi... dumb question as I am probably missing something obvious - could someone pls tell me how to add a spoiler?

Hi... dumb question as I am probably missing something obvious - could someone pls tell me how to add a spoiler?

[ spoiler]

[/ spoiler]

No spaces

There's a new sherrif in town and he doesn't care about spoilers. SPOILER AWAY!!!

DON'T MAKE ME DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!

(which I can do apparently)

My e-■■■■■ just grew 14 inches.

does your e-girlfriend approve? 

Only you can answer that babez.

Only you can answer that babez.

xoxo

[ spoiler]

[/ spoiler]

No spaces

thanks a lot!