Game review vs Maggotts - 2021’s gift to the Hyphenated Wankers

we kept dees to similar score to pies.

Dees 63 against pies
68 against us.

just didn’t make enough of or chances.

admittedly either did they.

Devon smith needs a players fine if he gives away another 50. towards end of season trip.

Although devon was right and umpire was wrong you can’t argue with them and win.

3 Likes

It was given for impeding actually which he didnt do

2 Likes

we are very much in the hunt and on the right track

lots to fix with our ball movement and especially forward entries - LOTS to fix there. Frustrating we didn’t switch to an alternative system. No matter which team we play the long bomb to the 50 is low percentage footy. But even more so against the Melbourne defenders.

Effort and attack on the ball was 200%. The boys kept at it and you can see us getting better at moving the ball out from the contest and moving it forward. Defence stood up tonight and worked well. Thought Ridley was very good.

We had the opportunity to win this match. yep - the umpiring was dreadful. Really really bad. But we also didn’t help our cause.

Lots to build upon.

34 Likes

See how you go. I had two posts deleted, rightly so.

1 Like

Remind me?

umpiring was crap but our kicking inside 50 was worse. Get better bombers!

1 Like

Good learning experience for Draper tonight. 2nd game back after a long layoff is usually pretty tough and then coming up against the best in the business doesn’t help. Chin up Drapes.

6 Likes

The first 50 wasn’t there. Perkins has to be allowed to stand the mark. Dev was always going to give away another one once that ■■■■ sandwich was served up.

3 Likes

Is he an Essendon supporter?

I feel like we were way too slow to get the ball into out 50 from stop plays. Waterman and others holding the ball up and then just kicking it straight to !any or Lever. Not sure the logic, just wheel and go. If intentional just really poor coaching.

Really proud of the fight, we took it up to the top team who played close to their best footy and played a good finals brand ourselves.

We are on the right path with Rutten and just need to stick positive and be excited for the future

52 Likes

If only Essendon had some kind of prior experience playing against any team who’s defenders hang back and wait to pick off the long bomb… disgraceful inside 50 kicks all night

2 Likes
9 Likes

At one point even McFloglan said that there should’ve been a free to us. Says it all when these sorts of morons say these things.

I hope the umpire who didn’t pay HTB on harmes/tippa has a great Christmas

7 Likes

Putting joke umpiring aside.

I was pleased with our endeavour and defensive effort.

Delivery into the forwardline was deplorable. Always kicked to static free melbourne defenders or leading melbourne defenders. Just shocking.

Melbourne’s stock went down tonight, Essendon’s went up.

5 Likes

I’m absolutely ■■■■■■■ fuming.

But putting that to one side, Zach Merrett is an absolute superstar.

5 Likes

ESSENDON

RING THE AFL AND ASK WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE UMPIRING PLEAAASE

15 Likes
  • Drills for mids on how to hit a forward target and kicking to advantage.
  • Drills for fwds on how to lead and knowing when to play in front.
6 Likes

Mate tonight’s not the night to be high and mighty. Read the room for once.

20 Likes