Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

Share your Gaming IDs

PM me your Xbox Live/PSN! We might even get some gaming nights going. They're even easier now that there are so many high quality free-to-play games available on console and PC.

There's also the BomberBlitz Steam Group.

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9271428/blitz151014.png[/img]

(Old OP)

It's been a long year, so far. But at least we've had wonderful games to tide us over with the likes of Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Gunpoint, Papers Please, Rogue Legacy and yet more expansions for Crusader Kings 2 and Civ V. I suppose we've also had SimCity, but let's try and think happy thoughts, hmm? Just over the horizon is GTA V, I'm sure none of us have forgotten. Surely GTA V and the drugless, ■■■■ probe-less Saints Row 4 will provide hours of relief from the frustrations of our own drugs probe. (If you import or are gifted a US version of SR4 on Steam, you too may play pretend Vlad giving EFC a good old rogering!)

But what of e-sports, I never heard you ask? I'm here to tell you it's not about LoL, DotA 2, SC2 or VGWF anymore.

It's all http://saltybet.com.

Oh and I finally started playing Torchlight 2. That game makes me like Diablo 2 clones more than Diablo clones. It's ace.

You play it again and get better loot drops, enemy are more deadly and smarter, unlocks some big bosses.

BOOM! November 10th release for Fallout 4.

Collectors edition comes with a pip-boy.

Pre-ordered from Eb!

Yep got my copy preordered

Enjoying Borderlands so far. up to level 11.

You change guns every 5 minutes and im a sucker for opening boxes etc to get stuff inside.
probably why im levelling slowly.

Should i just blaze through ignoring most boxes?

You could safely ignore most chests. Go for the red chests though because they may have some useful stuff. In general the drop rates are pretty bad so use some golden keys on the chest in Sanctuary if you have to (Gearbox release codes for Golden Keys all the time). But there’s really no point going too berserk with weapons until the end of the second playthrough if you get there. And then you’ll definitely want to be farming for weapons if you head into the third playthrough.

Yep. Play first playthrough as quick as possible. Slow down a bit for the second, then it’s loot ahoy in the third.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

What? There is more than one play through? Of which, I have all 3

All three of them.

Hey, I’m lost I finished the first 2 and that’s it I though, HJ is dead what’s left?

Pre-ordered from Eb!

Enjoying Borderlands so far. up to level 11.

You change guns every 5 minutes and im a sucker for opening boxes etc to get stuff inside.
probably why im levelling slowly.

Should i just blaze through ignoring most boxes?

You could safely ignore most chests. Go for the red chests though because they may have some useful stuff. In general the drop rates are pretty bad so use some golden keys on the chest in Sanctuary if you have to (Gearbox release codes for Golden Keys all the time). But there’s really no point going too berserk with weapons until the end of the second playthrough if you get there. And then you’ll definitely want to be farming for weapons if you head into the third playthrough.

Yep. Play first playthrough as quick as possible. Slow down a bit for the second, then it’s loot ahoy in the third.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

What? There is more than one play through? Of which, I have all 3

All three of them.

Fallout 4 this November.

Doom looks freaking awesome.

Pre-ordered Fallout 4 at EB.. cannot wait. They asked if I would be interested in the Collector edition if they were to release one.. it made me think though.. what is everyone's view on Collector Edition packages?

I generally dont go for them. I did with the GoW 3 which came with a sackboy. Getting ‘The Order’ package killed my ambitions with the rubbish badges and art cards. It cost essentially $80 more. Am I expecting too much with Pre Orders to include art books, Sackboys/figurines, maybe a soundtrack?

Got burned by Watch Dogs. But then pre ordered Bloodborne CE for the steel book case. But I did think long and hard about it. I don't know they're pretty useless but I'm a sucker for the steel cases. I imagine I won't think twice about pre ordering Fallout 4 though. As soon as they announce a collectors edition I'll be in.

Salty Bet is amazing.

The ■■■■ proble was allowed to stay in SR4. Alien narcotics, Australia says no. But being ravaged by an ■■■■ probe gun is OK.

What I don't get is the actual full blown craziness of alien drugs is not OK, yet GTA V's "real" drugs are fine.

While I'm talking about are crappy cencorship, turns out the multiplayer on The Last Of Us was quietly cencored here too. While the US gets limbs and heads blown clean off, we just see our players get shot and go down, even with less blood.

The ■■■■ proble was allowed to stay in SR4. Alien narcotics, Australia says no. But being ravaged by an ■■■■ probe gun is OK.

What I don't get is the actual full blown craziness of alien drugs is not OK, yet GTA V's "real" drugs are fine.

While I'm talking about are crappy cencorship, turns out the multiplayer on The Last Of Us was quietly cencored here too. While the US gets limbs and heads blown clean off, we just see our players get shot and go down, even with less blood.

The thing I don't understand is these alien drugs were SO BAD that we went from 'not getting the game' to MA 15+. These drugs mind you, are only in one ■■■■■■ side quest. Freakin stupid.

The thing I don't understand is these alien drugs were SO BAD that we went from 'not getting the game' to MA 15+. These drugs mind you, are only in one ■■■■■■ side quest. Freakin stupid.

Just do the old "State of Decay" trick and change drugs to vitamins to get it through classification. PEDS anyone?

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/07/12/tweaked-state-of-decay-classified-r18-in-australia

LOL I know, how ridiculous is it. The drugs must have been pretty bad for the game to not even warrant an R18+ anymore. And this R18+ has been a fail, what's the point in having it if it never gets used and we still ban the same stuff we used to.

GTA V is going to be so incredible. Gonna get an Xbox Slim just for it. Anyone know any good places/prices? And how much quieter are they? (Say lots).

Does anyone know how PS4 Gaikai ■■■■ is going to work? I want to be able to play my DL'd games from PS3 on my PS4, I only get legacy ones (GTA VC, SA and MGS.), might get Crash soon. Will we have to re-buy? And online streaming? WTF?

Also what on earth is that Salty Bet?

Been playing a bit of Payday 2 and I have to say I'm enjoying it a lot. Overkill seemed to have listened to everything people said they wanted and added them into the game. Some of the new heists are great fun too. So far my only complaint is that team AI is freakin stupid and a lot of the time can get you killed, but you have a choice to turn them off and most people will be playing with 3 other friends or playing online with other people. Altogether it's a good game that I hope they keep improving on, as there isn't enough games like it.

Still playing Planetside 2. Still damn good.