Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

I’ve absolutely loved both Hogwarts Legacy and Jedi Survivor this year.

I’m just starting Hogwarts. The first few hours has been a grind imo. Hope it improves.

With Nino on RDR2, my fav ever game underpinned by a Hollywood worthy story.

2 Likes

If you’re the type (like me) who needs to get all the trophies/achievements be prepared for a lot more grinding.

I enjoyed it, it’s a fun game but there’s a lot of open world bloat. The combat is excellent.

1 Like

Is RDR2 on PC yet?

Do you need to play rdr 1 first?

I’m hoping it gets a PS5 upgrade like the Witcher eventually.

It was ported on PC a few years ago.

I didn’t play RDR1 and still thoroughly enjoyed 2. It was on older consoles only (i hope one day it gets a port on a newer console).

RDR2 is a prequel, so in a way, it’s not out of place to play it first. I like that it’s a surprisingly slow game and I think that aids in the immersion.

1 Like

Never been a fan of creepy/horror themed entertainment. But I’m getting to the part in the Witcher where I have to come across 3 witches in the Crookebag Bog. I’m in a swamp house right now with a bunch of kids and their grandmothers. This whole quest gives off creepy and eerie vibes. Can any one who’s finished The Witcher tell me what I might be expecting from this quest. Any jump scares/ creepy moments?

Thinking of getting Diablo 4
Any one got Diablo 4 on xbox or PS
Is it better then Diablo 3 or will I just wait

I’d say it’s far better, but quite different.
Definitely less “arcadey” than D3, more akin to D2.

Has plenty of room for improvement, but they’ve already made some pretty good changes since release.
In its current state is pretty good, but it’s definitely one of those games that is going to keep improving year on year.

I have it on PC and Ps5, mostly play PC though (has full cross play and cross progression)

substantially better than D3

thematic is D2 and body horror level stuff

season 1 starts 20th of July so if you start soon you’ll still have time to do the campaign and probably some of the collectible stuff before that

2 Likes

pity about sfa engaging content to do after campaign

1 Like

Yeah that’s definitely something they need to work on (and I’m sure they will).
Nightmare dungeons are fun for a while (density issues/etc aside) but definitely end up getting old.

Seems to be a pretty common theme with arpg’s though. Always take a year or two to really get endgame running.

path of exile ■■■■■■ the market, 13 years of them going ■■■■ it, lets add it, has meant no one can compete.

also people that spam ARGs dont give a ■■■■ about campaign after the 3rd playthrough so spending years developing that seems like a waste of effort

1 Like

Yeah I’ll admit I’m a long time POE enjoyer. POE 2 definitely looking good from the little sneak previews, but then even a large part of that is just doing a new campaign.

Definitely different target audiences.

Last Epoch is looking pretty decent, though still in beta/early access.

Actually fits in pretty well between POE and D4 as far as complexity, a big fan of their crafting system

Pumped some hours into diablo 4 gee time flew had to stop haha

I find this game really accessible compared to most of these type of games im enjoying it

Did a world event with some random that was fun

Have you finished TOTK?

i havent actually have one dungeon left havent touched the game in about a month haha

Playing Pikmin 4 its awesome the best one of the series

https://twitter.com/maaco414/status/1684157722714071041?t=VVTumD6_qUhyr191KYs4lA&s=19

Baldur’s Gate 3 out today

just go buy it

1 Like