Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

Agree it was a disappointing showcase overall. Spidey looks amazing but still doesn’t have a firm release date and there was a lack of first party titles outside of that.

1 Like

Yep disapointing showcase maybe Sony are saving the big guns for Summer Game Fest

Spider Man 2
Assains Creed Mirage

Only two games that caught my eye the rest was meh

I’ve had my ps5 for a touch over a year now. And I think the only game I’ve played that I wouldn’t have been able to play on ps4 is Demon’s Souls

1 Like

But you could play that on PS3 :joy:

1 Like

The remake so that my character doesn’t look like a shiny potato

1 Like

On the catwalk at Fashion Week in Sydney last week were some models displaying a few Avatar outfits (but only the ones that a dress maker can actually make in real life) which you can buy for your metaverse life. I was told by someone who worked there for the week that some of the dresses you can buy for your avatar will cost you a cool $500k. Jeepers.

The point of this above info is fashion designer programmers in the metaverse appear to becoming filthy rich. This is where the money is…

What a wonderful world.

So uh this Starfield thing looks pretty cool. Sceptical as to whether or not it’ll be as good as promised but my goodness, it looks ridiculously good so big.

Pretty much the only think Xbox has rn worth getting

Do have concerns when they talk about 1000 visit-able planets that the content gets a bit procedurally generated and thus kinda empty and repetitive… open world games get very dull when they go for size over substance.

I haven’t thought that deeply about it tbh. Basically if they gave me a space themed Fallout that had a handful of worlds with cities the size of fallout maps, I’d be stoked.

The other 1000 planets are a bonus beyond that.

Has anyone here played The Witcher 3? If so what did you think of it?

I found it harder to play than other Open-World games but there was a solid story underneath. I didn’t play that much of it as I got distracted by Ghost of Tsushima.

Very good. Good enough that I went and tracked down the books it was based on.

1 Like

Playing that after I finish the Witcher. It’s just a lot of people call The Witcher like “greatest game of all time”. I personally don’t see the hype and I’ve enjoyed Horizon Forbidden West a lot more.

1 Like

I’m still in the part where I have to help find the Baron’s daughter. I like the Baron character. Before him, the game has been really boring for me.

1 Like

I have heard that but to me, I just couldn’t find it as immersive as RDR2, the Assassins Creeds and my personal favourite, the Football Manager series. I’d rate it a fair way behind Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom too.

It’s so well regarded because it has actual character depth, branching story paths where decisions actually matter, and a pretty satisfying if clunky (cf today’s standards) combat system.

If you didn’t grow up on old school RPGs then it may not be up your alley. It lacks a lot of modern day hand-holding that new games tend to come with to streamline progression. If you’re the kind of person that skips through dialogue just to progress the game, you’ll miss a lot of the world building that makes it such a good experience.

But each to their own, it’s definitely not for everyone

1 Like

Are you referring to The Witcher or The Witcher 3 here?

The first game is clunky but has an enjoyable enough story, and the universe it is set in was unique for it’s time.

The third is a modern classic that’s hard to find fault in. This extends to the DLCs too, which are both fantastic.

1 Like

Witcher 3…

Great quest design, interesting lore and writing, horrible combat and an open world littered with bloat.

Couldn’t finish it.

Horizon series has fantastic combat, enemy and encounter design. Movement is iffy though.

1 Like

RDR2 for me the most imerssive game i’ve ever played easily in my top 3

Horzion Zero Dawn and Forbidden West
Ghosts of Tusmiha
Breath of the wild
Tears of the kingdom

So many awesome games ive played in the last 10 years

1 Like