Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

I really don't know what I'm gonna do about FIFA, get it, wait, or get both. 

And my career mode/FUT data may not carry over (that's a feature) because I'm Xbox this gen and getting PS4 next gen. Really want an answer on this one.

Unfortunately not. You can go ps3 > ps4, or 360 > One. 
It's almost better to start with a new FUT club every year with the ELO matchmaking, allows you to beat up on newbies while you get your ■■■■ together.
I'd be super annoyed with the EASFC level being reset or whatever, I like being able to buy things straight out of the catalogue. 
I recently sold most of my FUT coins (lol) to fund my ps4. 
I'm thinking I may just trade on the webapp until the ps4 comes out, apparently there's a marked difference in the presentation and gameplay between gens. 

Or you could just shitcan FIFA and get PES.

Can someone post a list of "must have" PS3 games I need to buy?
Just inherited a ps3 cause a mate is getting the ps4. I've never been into games much but open to anything.

I can send some your way - feel free to DM me if you like.

Or you could just shitcan FIFA and get PES.

Unless PES has gotten drastically better I don't see why you would.

PES is not as good as FIFA and hasn't been since FIFA 09.

Mind you EA is starting to ■■■■ me and their ■■■■■■■■-ness is starting to creep into FIFA.

Sort of annoying if I'm not a "FUT Founder" on PS4 even though I was on 360. Would have thought it was pretty easy to just tie it into your EA sports account and carry across consoles and gens.

Just watched the latest GTA trailer.

I cant wait for this to come out, looks fantastic and if the worlds can be explored as they are suggesting then it could mean hours of fun just roaming around.

Unfortunately I wont be able to play it till December because my son will probably play it non stop till then.

Playstation 4 really looks like the goods for a next console.

Running an xbox 360 at the moment and would feel like all the thousands I have spent would be going to waste :angry:

I can personally guarantee that PES 14 ■■■■■ on FIFA from a great height, unless you care more about OOH SHINY than great, realistic gameplay

I was so excited when I pre-ordered my PS4. I haven't touched Bioshock Infinite for weeks. I think I'm having a falling out with gaming.

Is Bioshock Infinite tremendous?

It's Bioshock, but in the sky.

I can personally guarantee that PES 14 ■■■■■ on FIFA from a great height, unless you care more about OOH SHINY than great, realistic gameplay

I haven't played it since 2011, but hasn't it always gone down the arcade route?

I was so excited when I pre-ordered my PS4. I haven't touched Bioshock Infinite for weeks. I think I'm having a falling out with gaming.

If you're into expansions then you might like it again soon. You get to go back down to Rapture. I'm hoping it gets me back into it.

Also, The Last Of Us got a new online play mode yesterday. Interrogation. You have to interrogate a certain number of enemy players to find the location of their safe and open it. Didn't get much of a chance to play it yesterday but seems alright.

I loved it, but don't play too many shooters. People sick of shooters might find Bioshock Infinite a drag.

I haven't played it since 2011, but hasn't it always gone down the arcade route?

On easier modes maybe, but remember that FIFA took a long time to get near the gameplay depth of PES. I have PES 13 and I can't go near FIFA any more, especially after playing PES 14 at PAX:

- in FIFA the ball feels like it's either a part of the player or pitch animation, not a separate entity. It feels glommed on. In PES the ball is the ball. 

- the pall physics are still not as good; the ball floats in FIFA, it almost never slows up, it doesn't have the weight of PES 13, let alone 14

- same for the players; the collision detection and physics for the players is a lot more 'weighty' and even more so in 14. In PES 14 players have to weight shift properly to account for momentum (fully animated)  

- FIFA 14 added more formations. PES 14 added a drag and drop formation builder. It just feels more mature tactically, especially against the AI - you can't use the same route to score all the time

- in PES 14 especially your teammates are actually smart; drag a winger into the midfield chasing the ball and one of your mids moves out wide to hold the space up. It's awesome to watch

Yeah, it doesn't have all the polish of FIFA, but the depth of gameplay won me over last year and 14 is just nuts. And the community edited teams get around the no EPL license crap really well, considering. I've tried playing FIFA 13 at mates places and I just can't do it.

On easier modes maybe, but remember that FIFA took a long time to get near the gameplay depth of PES. I have PES 13 and I can't go near FIFA any more, especially after playing PES 14 at PAX:

- in FIFA the ball feels like it's either a part of the player or pitch animation, not a separate entity. It feels glommed on. In PES the ball is the ball. 

- the pall physics are still not as good; the ball floats in FIFA, it almost never slows up, it doesn't have the weight of PES 13, let alone 14

- same for the players; the collision detection and physics for the players is a lot more 'weighty' and even more so in 14. In PES 14 players have to weight shift properly to account for momentum (fully animated)  

- FIFA 14 added more formations. PES 14 added a drag and drop formation builder. It just feels more mature tactically, especially against the AI - you can't use the same route to score all the time

- in PES 14 especially your teammates are actually smart; drag a winger into the midfield chasing the ball and one of your mids moves out wide to hold the space up. It's awesome to watch

Yeah, it doesn't have all the polish of FIFA, but the depth of gameplay won me over last year and 14 is just nuts. And the community edited teams get around the no EPL license crap really well, considering. I've tried playing FIFA 13 at mates places and I just can't do it.

You should have summed it up as EA Sports NBA vs 2K Sports NBA.

Fair call

I loved it, but don't play too many shooters. People sick of shooters might find Bioshock Infinite a drag.

Youve sold me.

I'm getting it tomorrow.

I thought it was pretty, but the gameplay was super dull.
Saints Row IV is the opposite, ugly, but super fun!