Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

Anyone played Brothers yet?

Anyone played Brothers yet?

It's the second coming of Christ or so I hear.

This weekend, Guild Wars 2 is having a free weekend. I'd recommend anyone who even kind-of-likes MMOs at least give it a try... if you can download the 20GB required before the weekend.

I've even gone back to give it another whirl. It's so, so, soooooo pretty.

Saints Row IV pushed back in Australia to 30/8 for consoles and 17/9 for PC. Something to do with the censorship I'd imagine.

Saints Row IV pushed back in Australia to 30/8 for consoles and 17/9 for PC. Something to do with the censorship I'd imagine.

just got a message saying that it won't be available until the 12/9 for console now. good luck competing against GTAV now.

This weekend, Guild Wars 2 is having a free weekend. I'd recommend anyone who even kind-of-likes MMOs at least give it a try... if you can download the 20GB required before the weekend.

...Is it 20GB?!?!

...Is it 20GB?!?!

I think I've mislead you.

More like 22GB... of PREEEEETTY!

Whenever I play The Last of Us, it seems everyone I interact with for the few days after is a zombie.

Some are even Clickers who I want to shiv in the neck.

I've played a bit of Brothers, enjoyed it but not spectacular. The playing two people at once mechanic took a while to get used to and the narrative was great considering not a word was spoken, but it's not like it's of Journey quality.

Got to feel for the devs of Saints Row 4. Their game is probably going to tank in Australia now considering it's been pushed back, censored and it's now going to be released around the same time as GTA V. I reckon the piracy numbers for this game over here will be massive now.

http://youtu.be/H7Vl2RTa2vk

Can't wait! The aspect of some political/military decisions reminds me of the similar mechanic in Awakening. If they expand on that I reckon it'll be great as that was one thing of Awakening I loved. Also, I'm not 100% sure but it seems like we're moving around all of Thedas, not just a part of (eg. Ferelden in DA:O and Kirkwall in DA2).

Does anyone here play card based battle games on iPad etc? Like Magic the Gathering?

I'm not too interested in MTG, but some the top players of MTG made a game called Ascension. It's not a deck-builder, so players start off with a set deck. Games go for about 15 minutes. It's pretty sweet, but as far as I know there isn't a demo or free version.

Those same guys kickstarted a deck-building game called Solforge. It's on iPad and Steam (PC) for now and still in Beta. You can grab both version for free right now.

Unlike MTG, you don't build up Mana to cast spells or play cards by laying down Land. You have five lanes and can play two cards per turn. Attacking undefended lanes lowers your opponents HP and your goal is to drop it from 100 to 0. As the game was designed for the digital age, cards can do some pretty cool things like levelling up each time you use a card. Your first 8-12 turns are very important as you balance your defence with your need to level up cards for the late game. Again, games are over usually in 15 minutes or so.

There's 180 cards in this first release, split between 4 different factions. You create your own deck of 30 cards from booster packs (think of buying a pack of trading cards from the newsagent) either as free daily rewards or purchased with in-game currency or money.

The game is developed by a small team, so going free-to-play on Steam last week has absolutely trashed the multiplayer servers, hopefully it settles soon. The tutorial included is really well designed, though, and should make newcomers comfortable quickly.

http://solforgegame.com

I want a PS4 NOW! November 29 is the date we can get it.

PS4 launch lineup so far;

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty: Ghosts

DC Universe Online

DriveClub

FIFA 14

Just Dance 2014

Killzone Shadow Fall

Knack

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Madden NFL 25

Minecraft

NBA 2K14

NBA Live 14

Need for Speed: Rivals

The PlayRoom

Skylanders Swap Force

Tiny Brains

Warframe

War Thunder

Watch Dogs

I really don't know what I'm gonna do about FIFA, get it, wait, or get both. 

And my career mode/FUT data may not carry over (that's a feature) because I'm Xbox this gen and getting PS4 next gen. Really want an answer on this one.

I really don't know what I'm gonna do about FIFA, get it, wait, or get both. 

And my career mode/FUT data may not carry over (that's a feature) because I'm Xbox this gen and getting PS4 next gen. Really want an answer on this one.

answer to your data carrying over? it won't. you'll be a different user.

Diablo 3 Expansion trailers;

http://youtu.be/zGp5dkJdi0w

http://youtu.be/Cb7QJwQ58T0

Elder Scrolls online will also charge a monthly fee like WOW. $15 p/m and you still need to buy the game. 

Fog, I can sort you out with some, DM me

Can someone post a list of "must have" PS3 games I need to buy?
Just inherited a ps3 cause a mate is getting the ps4. I've never been into games much but open to anything.

The Last of Us is AWESOME.