Garlett not in a fit state to be interviewed

Also amy possibly be a rumour spread by a team that may pick him up in the draft cheaply....

*allegedly. ...

I fail to see how the rumour of recurrent groin injuries prevents him from attending an interview.

In the Tom Boyd trade article in the HS there is this paragraph or two...

"He will be at the four-day AFL draft camp starting on Tuesday, as will Perth teen Dayle Garlett.
Garlett was not in a fit state when he was to be interviewed by Port Adelaide last month, but is hopeful of presenting well in interviews with prospective clubs.
But the AFL believes Garlett has come a long way in 12 months, and is confident there is a club prepared to put the necessary support structures around the Swan Districts star."
I wonder not being in a fit state means - anyone know details?

Maybe they're simply referring to the fact he's in WA?
Sorry BB Sandgropers

"Not in a fit state"

The media, lying by omission, strike again.

We should be used to it by now.

Bit of Thymosin BETA should help him

Sorry, we only have ALPHA*
*allegedly

Maybe he is still recovering along with Cousins from the Cappacino strip on Saturday??

Tell me Perth doesn't actually have a place called the Cappacino strip? 

Maybe he is still recovering along with Cousins from the Cappacino strip on Saturday??

Not as bad as the gold coasts 'Capper-cino's' cafe proposal (Warwick Capper new idea)

Does anyone have any reason to believe we are genuinely interested in looking at Garlett again this year? My take is that he stuffed up so badly last year that the club would not be willing to even entertain the thought. 

Does anyone have any reason to believe we are genuinely interested in looking at Garlett again this year? My take is that he stuffed up so badly last year that the club would not be willing to even entertain the thought. 

we stuffed up pretty badly too so maybe our respective stuff ups cancel each other out?

All bets are off after what’s happened this year, Gartlett will be a win if still available at our first pick.

Also amy possibly be a rumour spread by a team that may pick him up in the draft cheaply....

*allegedly. ...

I fail to see how the rumour of recurrent groin injuries prevents him from attending an interview.

It's a big groin*
*allegedly

we stuffed up pretty badly too so maybe our respective stuff ups cancel each other out?

All bets are off after what's happened this year, Gartlett will be a win if still available at our first pick.

Sorry I don't see the connection. Ok we don't have our first two picks but why would we throw even more risk into the mix by taking someone we weren't willing to select before the proverbial hit the fan.

I understand he might be the best player available (if he isn't already gone) by the time we get our first pick, but I think our drafting philosophy last year showed we are not all about taking the best player. To be an AFL footballer these days there is so much more involved and my question remains - what has Garlett done to show this season - other than play good footy - that he now has all the tools to make it at AFL level? I believe we will continue to select players who we believe are most appropriate to pick, based on their all round attributes.  

if ever you wanted to make up for losing 2 rounds in the draft, picking this kid up with a 3rd rounder would be the way to do it. That being said, im starting to think he wont be there at that pick.

if ever you wanted to make up for losing 2 rounds in the draft, picking this kid up with a 3rd rounder would be the way to do it. That being said, im starting to think he wont be there at that pick.

From what you know how much has he improved with the off field side of things this year? Is he the sort of kid that will be able to sit in team meetings and understand the requirements of modern day football in terms of structure etc and do the right things with nutrition etc?

Personally I don't like how planned and thought out modern footy is. To me it means someone with bucket loads of talent like Garlett is no longer a walk up start on just his footy ability. This is definitely a drawback of professionalism. 

He can do all of that no problem at all, people forget he was in the AIS.

His issue is never been about when he does on the field, or what he does at a football club during the week, its what he does when he is not at footy thats the problem. 

On a scale of Andy Lovett to Ben cousins, how bad was garletts off field stuff?

probably closer to cousins to be honest but different, Cousins had issues because he was self absorbed. Garlett is easily led, and not very bright when it comes to common sense.

Thanks Benfti. Appreciate your insights. 

are you saying Lovett or Cousins is worse?

That's where you saw all those Docker fans in the street during the Grandfinal when the camera crossed live to Perth a few times in Fremantle

are you saying Lovett or Cousins is worse?

I'm more concerned by the implication that they are polar opposites.