Garlett quits afl

I'm not sure getting involved with Krakouer is the right thing for him though, sure it's good to give someone the benefit of the doubt but leopards, spots and all that.

If he does "mentor" him I hope it works out.

An AFL career is only for the true fanatics. He wasn't prepared to give up that much. Fair enough.
I do wonder why any club drafted him though. The end result stood out like dogs balls from day one.

I was surprised someone went that early, but too good not to have a dip at somewhere along the line.
Part of me wonders whether we were making a bit too much noise about someone we would be trying to sneak through as a late pick or rookie...never heard a word about Kommer or Gleeson or DVU from the club, stark contrast with Garlett.
Hmm, yeah, hmmmm.

we never made any comment, or had any real ties, to garlett during the gleeson national draft.  it was only because he missed out altogether, and because steve thompson at Swans was asking us to have a look at him, that he was invited over for the pre-season.

there were certainly some ducks-and-drakes being played by a couple of clubs in the last ND, though.  this is only my gut feel from bits and pieces that i heard, but imo there is some argument that we might have been quite happy to give hawthorn the idea that they needed to use one of their first two picks.  I'm not even sure that we would have jumped at #55 tbh, i think we were not upset that he was off the table by then. I think we might have decided that (with minimal ND picks available) a rookie pick was the correct level given the risks.

And either way, Bomber , Dodoro , Keane et al got it right.  Fantasia has already played better footy for us than Garlett did for them......

So turns out garlett was hooked on meth while he was at the hawks, spent all hos earnings on it and thats why he started robbing houses over here. what a fkn idiot. Gets a crack with the best club currently in the land, probably could havr played in a flag and he decides to get on the gear. Incredible

So turns out garlett was hooked on meth while he was at the hawks, spent all hos earnings on it and thats why he started robbing houses over here. what a fkn idiot. Gets a crack with the best club currently in the land, probably could havr played in a flag and he decides to get on the gear. Incredible

In Garlett's defence...
He's only trying to fit in to the 'winning' culture that is Hawthorn. You know, the family club...
Maybe Travis Tuck wasn't on his own in that 'winning' culture.

probably found a lot of leftover gear in Buddy's locker

GOOGS

BUDDY'S GUESTLIST

REVOLVER

100 DAYS CHALLENGE

Why do the words ■■■■ and head come to mind?

Why do the words ■■■■ and head come to mind?

Racist?

Great headline. Seems the Hawks knew what was going on back in Feb.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawthorn-has-kept-recruit-dayle-garlett-on-ice-until-he-earns-his-stripes-on-and-off-the-field-20140225-33frp.html

Hawthorn has kept recruit Dayle Garlett on ice until he earns his stripes on and off the field

Great headline. Seems the Hawks knew what was going on back in Feb.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawthorn-has-kept-recruit-dayle-garlett-on-ice-until-he-earns-his-stripes-on-and-off-the-field-20140225-33frp.html

Hawthorn has kept recruit Dayle Garlett on ice until he earns his stripes on and off the field

Or the author of the article knew...

Living with Luke Hodge must of been hell.

If I ever hear a commentator ask Is there anything warrior/hero/soldier/general Hodge can't do I'll think, yeah, get Garlett of meth,

He couldn't even get him to training!  Never mind getting him off meth.

In Garlett's defence...
He's only trying to fit in to the 'winning' culture that is Hawthorn. You know, the family club...
Maybe Travis Tuck wasn't on his own in that 'winning' culture.

"Family club"

Hawks have run the best comp-wide PR snow job for around two decades +

Imagine how bad this would have been if Clarkson hadn't served a proper apprenticeship

HEISENBERG

Stop, collaborate and LISTEN .. 

I don't care how many premierships Clarkson has. It's just metal, if you're a prick you're a prick.

If I ever hear a commentator ask Is there anything warrior/hero/soldier/general Hodge can't do I'll think, yeah, get Garlett of meth,

SO COURAGEOUS